Looking for Interest in F'kn Fast Shift Knobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
That's what i was told, who am i to argue:loser:

If you'd like to create your own thread be my guest, but do me a favor and don't fill this thread up with your crap. It's a simple "who has interest" thread.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
That's what i was told, who am i to argue:loser:

If you'd like to create your own thread be my guest, but do me a favor and don't fill this thread up with your crap. It's a simple "who has interest" thread.
Just trying to help out others, thats what "Public Forums" are all about. Don't E-Jump down my SHIT! Information is knowledge. :idea: :loser:

I'm sure I have been dealing with Mustangs long before you there tough guy.

I'll let you get back to worrying about important things like "Ipods in your car", "How to tighten your side mirror", "Not knowing what subframes connectors are, thinking that they were frame damage!:kaboom::bash::poke:" (Classic one BTW), "Rust on your exhaust" , etc.......

I'm sure you will go far in life with your attitude and knowledge. :rollseyes:nono:

I'm done with this thread.

Cheers! :beer:

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
I'm the e-thug in this situation?..I guess thinking that you'd say okay.."I'll go start another thread about getting just the top piece and i'll go from there".

I can search and probably find stuff on you, but what would that do? :idea:nothing

Homebrew

Established Member
Hey guys, don't shoot the messenger. XyX is trying to help out here. Just like the last guy who organized the GP on these. I got one during the last GP and I can vouch that the poor guy that started it got torn to shreds for his efforts. Thats great that you found the shift knob for $37.95. If GG&G want to charge $52.05 for the upgrade/conversion, thats their business. Unfortunatly businesses have to work on many things beyond whose the cheapest, so sometimes we (as consumers) can find things cheaper. It happens, and it doesn't mean that it is/isn't a viable option for a business. It's your right to decide whether or not thats acceptable, don't crap on the guy trying to make this happen for those interested. GG&G didn't open a business to make aftermarket inserts for shift knobs, they did it to help a few local guys out and it snowballed from there.

I'm not trying to be the dick that preaches about "getting off of people's back", but lets cut XyX some slack. It's early on and maybe the response percieved is not the same as what as what was intended, I'm just saying lets try to support the guy here. Not everyone volunteers to lead these GP's.

XYX: let's not jump to conclusions, I understand your situation, but lets give 04sleeper a chance to respond. Maybe we percieved his response worse than he intended. Maybe he was just pointing out a reasonable price.

04sleeper: If you're being harsh, cut the guy some slack. If not, please clarify. I think we may be over-reacting based on SicStang03's follow up comment. And no offense to you SicStang03, maybe you didn't mean it that way either.

We all want a good product at a reasonable price, but this is a specialty, niche product guys, don't expect competitive price. This is pretty much a monopoly, so expect accordingly. The MGW isn't exactly the same since it's their knob. Some people are after the stock knob.

Just my .02

-Kevin

Last edited:

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
$37.95 is cheap for the stock knob. thanks for the link.

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Put me in the list.

What is the time frame for receiving these?

Is 90.00 including shipping?

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
I emailed GGG, should be hearing back soon about the time frame. And yes 90 shipped.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
XYX: let's not jump to conclusions, I understand your situation, but lets give 04sleeper a chance to respond. Maybe we percieved his response worse than he intended. Maybe he was just pointing out a reasonable price.
Thanks Kevin for an educated and well thought out response. This is the only reason I am responding now.

"Xyx" was the one who responded with the :loser: sign and telling me I am filling "His" thread with my "crap".

When I get jumped for trying to inform other people, thats when I responded.

I was never trying to "Shoot the messenger" or "Crap on XyX". I was just stating my opinion on pricing and gauge an interest to see if anyone would be interested in a different solution. That was my intention. Anyone can go back and read my previous posts and see that.

Homebrew said:
04sleeper: If you're being harsh, cut the guy some slack. If not, please clarify. I think we may be over-reacting based on SicStang03's follow up comment. And no offense to you SicStang03, maybe you didn't mean it that way either.
I think that this is exactly what happened. I was never being "harsh". I just like to look out for my fellow SVTP people. I consider most people on here my friends because they share a common interest with Mustangs and performance. Many people on SVTP know me and I have always been supportive and helpful in any way I can. I take time to answer all my PM's, and try to pass along some of my knowledge from the last 20+ years working on Mustangs. Hell, when I started working on Mustangs, there wasn't even the internet! I wish I had the resource then like I do now. It would have potentially saved me a lot of time, money and frustration.

I may have someone who can make the top piece for much cheaper, but I will have to find out. When I do I will be sure to make a new thread.

Sorry for the confusion.

Kevin

AJ03SVT

Established Member
Bottom line I think is that we all want one of these. XyX and I'm sure everyone else doesn't want you coming in here talking about how it's expensive unless you have something physical to back it up. We're trying to get 30 people and it doesn't help when people come in and say how it's too expensive and convince them not to buy it.

If you can get something cheaper, then by all means, do it and show it to us, but just talking about it is only hurting our efforts to gather people for the only actual way to get one right now.

Also, dude, really, chill out with trying to prove who you are. You don't need to tell us how you've been working on Mustangs for 20 years and you were around long before us, no offense but it makes you come off like an ass, which I'm sure you really aren't.

If you have a personal problem with someone, bring it to PMs, please.

Homebrew

Established Member
Sorry for the confusion as well. I just hate seeing guys catch flak while trying to help others out. Unfortunately that's exactly what happened to you 04sleeper. Sorry about that. But I'm sure you can understand how we misunderstood your intentions. I'm sure you've read plenty of threads with similar situations in which the intent was more malicious.

Again, as of right now this is a monopoly and we're stuck with GG&G charging what they feel is appropriate. I'd love to see your contact come through with a competitive product for cheaper and I hope something becomes of it. My ultimate goal though was just to try and diffuse the situation that seemed to be developing. Things like this need less fighting and more teamwork. Just my $.02.

-Kevin

Last edited:

AJ03SVT

Established Member
Sorry for the confusion as well. I just hate seeing guys catch flak while trying to help others out. Unfortunately that's exactly what happened to you 04sleeper. Sorry about that. But I'm sure you can understand how we misunderstood your intentions. I'm sure you've read plenty of threads with similar situations in which the intent was more malicious.

Again, as of right now this is a monopoly and we're stuck with GG&G charging what they feel is appropriate. I'd love to see your contact come through with a competitive product for cheaper and I hope something becomes of it. My ultimate goal though was just to try and diffuse the situation that seemed to be developing. Things like this need less fighting and more teamwork. Just my $.02.

-Kevin

Yeah, we're all on the same team. Gotta save the fighting for the Vettes. :-D

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
The more the merrier :)

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
lets get at least above 20, then I'll see what GGG says...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread