Looking for shop in Phoenix for retune.!

aaron97

Cobra is King
Established Member
I am in need of a shop in the Phoenix area that can retune my '97 Cobra for IMRC deletes. I believe the IMRC bearings are leaking and causing P0171 & P0174 codes and I really need to get the car smogged and registered. Here is the link to what's been going on: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=460422 Does anyone know of a good place to take the car?

Thanks.

aaron97

Cobra is King
Established Member
Performance Solutions in Phoenix see Devin, real cool guy who knows his stuff.

Josh

Well, just talked to my buddy and he already has the intake back off and is going to try replacing the IMRC bearings. But if that dont work or when its time for the supercharger, then i will definitely give Devin a call. I should know in a couple days if the bearings were indeed the problem.

Just really in a race against the calender, since the 30 day temp tag is about to expire and from what i heard AZ has a new law saying they will only issue 30 day temps one time. So we really need to get the car to pass an emissions test ASAP.

Thanks for the help.

Darcsun

Established Member
I've heard good about performance solutions too... though they didn't do good by me. Took over a month and a half to look at a transmission for me, even though I kept bugging them about it. They took a bill for the inspect. When they got around to it, they took off the four bolts to inspect her and realized it was shot. Personally, I would have given the money back for the time they wasted and the lack of work. I was also waiting for a tune on my 06 GT, and they never followed up with me during the entire time I waited. Maybe I just have bad luck... I know more then a few people who swear by em.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I've heard some good things about SVC motorsports in Scottsdale too

Josh

Last edited:

aaron97

Cobra is King
Established Member
I'm brining my 04 in to them to have the TOB, TOB retainer, fork, Bolts, and pivot ball replaced in the next few days. I was told they'd have it done in one day:shrug:

They did a great job with dynoing my Corba and the tuner there definately know his stuff and was a real cool guy. I can't think of anywhere else i'd take my Cobra and Performance Solutions isn't that close to where i'm at either.

I've heard some good things about SVC motorsports in Scottsdale too

Josh

What part of town is Performance Solutions in? My Cobra is up in the Surprise area near Luke AFB.

We were able to replace the IMRC bearings and everything is working like it should, so the delete and retune will be postponed, but the CEL for the Bank 1 & 2 lean is still there.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
It is in Phoenix.
1434 N 26th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85009
602-269-8955

The owner of the shop is on here somewhere, but I can't remember his member name.

Josh

68gtscode

Established Member
I recently moved to CA from Phoenix, but had SVC do all my work; a few tunes, custom cage, clutch, blower, etc. I knew Dean had sold SVC in the past 6 months or so, but didn't know they closed alltogether. The main mechanic's name was Rob, not sure of his last name. Dean Simion was the previous owner. If you can get in touch with either of these guys, I'd be confident in their work... Good luck,

Matt

Last edited:

FaYgOkRiS

SVT BOSS 570
Established Member
When I went there it took calling more than a 20 times before the guy picked up lol, might just try driving fown there. I knw they did sell it, but they were just changing owners.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
When I went there it took calling more than a 20 times before the guy picked up lol, might just try driving fown there. I knw they did sell it, but they were just changing owners.

Maybe that's the trick I think I only called about 15 or so times :shrug:

I would think they'd answer their phone more often or at least reply to an email

Phxcobra

Established Member
Maybe that's why they no longer in business? I don't understand companies that require the customer to beg them to take their business. Is there not enough competition out there or something.

68gtscode

Established Member
It's been about two years since they worked on my car, but I've never had a hard time getting in touch with SVC. I had their business card in my wallet up until about 6 months ago, and they were still willing to help me with questions even though I moved to California... Dean helped me with a clutch issue last year over the phone, I probably talked to him at least 6 times before we figured it out. I have only talked to the new owner once, and he was also helpful- he was willing to go into their system and email me all my reciepts for the work they had done on my car... I can't speak to their service right now, but can can honestly say they were great to me in the past.

Dean and Rob were building a wicked fox body, full independent suspension with a twin turbo 03 Cobra engine... if anyone knows what became of it, I'd be interested!

Matt

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Go to Stage 3 Motorsports in Phoenix, they are doing all my work for now on.

Yes, they are installing now.

Users who are viewing this thread