Looking for some info on this Lightning...

Rich D

Large Member
Established Member
Hey all!

I purchased my 2nd Lightning a few weeks ago, and I am trying to track down the history of this truck.

It is a 2003 DSG. Currently has 61K miles on it. I was told it had a built shortblock in it, and that somebody in GA built it. It was sold to a guy in Florida about 6 months ago, and I purchased it from him. The guy i bought it from only had it a few months, and he installed a 6lb lower on it. The mods that were on it when he bought it back in May or June of 2012 were as follows: built shortblock, K&N intake, SCT BA2600 MAF, some sort of lowering kit, maybe a 3/4 drop, clear corner lenses and finally a flowmaster muffler that was welded in with the factory piping. Now the exhaust system does not look like it was welded in properly, because the tips came back to far, and the ground effects piece was not on the truck because it didnt fit with the tips. I was also told the transmission was shot when the guy I bought it from purchased it from the previous owner, so he had it rebuilt.

Autocheck says it was registered in Pinson, AL from 07-10, and Columbus GA in 2011.

If any of this looks familar to you guys, I would really appreciate any info you may have.

Thanks!

attachment.php

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Yeah not ringing any bells for me either. It would be helpful with some pictures of your truck on here.
Also, maybe you could post on the local boards in FLorida, GA, etc...
-Chris Lehoski

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread