Looking into buying a 03 Terminator

Jake Walker

Hey guys I am new here and I am looking into buying a 03 Terminator.

I've found one with 55k miles. Initial price was $22,500 but I got him down to $18,000 cash.

The car has Kenne Bell supercharger, SCT tune, kenne bell boost a pump, lowered, and aftermarket wheels.

The car is Yellow in color and everything seems to be legit. I would have to drive 9 hours to get the car so I would like some opinions please.

I am not a very mechanically sound person when it comes to working on cars, knowing how to add aftermarket parts, etc. so any information would be helpful! Any suggestions on what to ask for/ look for before purchasing would also be helpful.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

ddschmitz

Young car noob
Established Member
Good luck with your searching bud! Hopefully you get some great information from the guys here and find a great car! :rockon:

Jake Walker

What should I look for in the compression test? and I believe it should be SCT tuner? the picture shows SCT anyhow.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Have a compression test performed to see if the cylinders are within 10% of each other. Also ask were it was tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badjuicedgt

Established Member
just go for it if you don't someone else will with 55k miles on it it cant be to bad just ask how long the mods have been on and if its say under 15k miles id go for it.When you get there just make sure there isn't any oil in the anti freeze make sure the inter cooler pump is working,take it out and drive it get it to operating temp make sure it doesn't over heat and that there are no funny hickups or noises.

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
Ask him which local shop can vouch for the car...you're gonna pay someone to inspect it before you drive down right?

Last edited:

Jake Walker

I am asking the seller to have a compression test done. The seller has owned the car for a little over a year, putting on 2k miles, and now says he needs the cash so he's selling.

All mods were added by the previous owner so his knowledge is limited it seems.

The best thing would be driving it, but being 9 hours away I am trying to get all my questions answered before spending the time going there to realize there's a problem.

Thank you for all the responses, I really appreciate it.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
you could probably have someone on the forums look at it for you..

but if it's too good of a deal they might take it from underneath you lol..

maybe put down a deposit and reach out for someone to take a look at it. so you don't have your drive 8 hours to be disappointed. Where is the car located?

cj428mach

Established Member
If you don't have a lot of experience with working on cars, I say buy something closer to stock.

It can be frustrating enough troubleshooting someone elses work when you're experienced let alone being green.

Zemedici

Established Member
Where is the car at? As stated above a local member can look at the car for you. And I wouldn't steal it out from under you, I checked out Seans blower for him, and the thought of snagging it didn't even cross my mind. Some of us DO have morals.

As for compression test, all cylinders should be within 10% of each other, and 160+ PSI. The SCT Tune scares me a bit. Sounds like he's unsure.

Jake Walker

If anyone is located close to South Bend, Indiana and is willing to check the car out for me feel free to text me at 507-360-4068. I will contact the seller and we can set something up.

As for someone stealing it from under me, I am a little afraid of that but I guess sometimes you just have to trust people. Everyone on this site seems respectable and wouldn't do something like that.

Zemedici

Established Member
If anyone is located close to South Bend, Indiana and is willing to check the car out for me feel free to text me at 507-360-4068. I will contact the seller and we can set something up.

As for someone stealing it from under me, I am a little afraid of that but I guess sometimes you just have to trust people. Everyone on this site seems respectable and wouldn't do something like that.

Someone on this website would know better than to do something like that, it wouldn't be in their best interests. :)

Have a member look at the car, that coupled with the compression test should be good enough for peace of mind. I picked up my 03 from Kentucky, bought 2 one way tickets and drove it back (with girlfriend). Was a little sketchy, but I've been around these cars for years so I knew exactly what to look for.

Users who are viewing this thread