Losing interest in this hobby fast….

LS WUT

Established Member
@LS WUT

LoL. Sorry and thank you! The wife still wants a 69 Camaro.... running out of room. The vert is hanging out in our single stall garage at the house for the summer.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
Now that would be quite the stable for sure. I’ve only for a few cars left on my list. I do have a 98 cobra at my house currently, hoping he just sells it to me so it doesn’t have to leave. However this is all I’ve got left on my list (for now)
1995-98 Toyota Supra
2002 Camaro SS
1995-98 Cobra
2008-12 C6 Z06

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Now that would be quite the stable for sure. I’ve only for a few cars left on my list. I do have a 98 cobra at my house currently, hoping he just sells it to me so it doesn’t have to leave. However this is all I’ve got left on my list (for now)
1995-98 Toyota Supra
2002 Camaro SS
1995-98 Cobra
2008-12 C6 Z06
Awesome .

Honestly, so many cool cars I'll never be able to have them all. But definitely happy with what I have now.

I actually might take the GT350 or cobra out tonight. The town is nice and quiet, but I might make some noise. :)

Last edited:

LS WUT

Established Member
Awesome .

Honestly, so many cool cars I'll never be able to have them all. But definitely happy with what I have now.

I actually might take the GT350 or cobra out tonight. The town is nice a quiet, but I might make some noise. :)

‘MERICA is all that comes to mind with that one. Take the 350 for me haha. Love me some Flatplane crank noises. I’ll stick my head out the window of my hotel now. See if I can hear ya!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
‘MERICA is all that comes to mind with that one. Take the 350 for me haha. Love me some Flatplane crank noises. I’ll stick my head out the window of my hotel now. See if I can hear ya!
Hell yeah. I might actually drive them both! I need to move the cobra to get to the 350 anyways...

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Hobbies come and hobbies go, this one isn’t any different. Hang on to your car for awhile, just to be sure the interest doesn’t come back with a vengeance. If it doesn’t rekindle in a couple of years sell the car. This can be a damned expensive hobby so selling your car prematurely would not be a good idea.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
The area you’re in has a lot to do with it. Join some groups if they’re in your area.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ZiaRunner

Established Member
Completely understand! I love the hobby and spent most of my life enjoying fun cars. I’ve been without one for awhile and get the itch pretty hard every now and then but other priorities atm keep me from scratching it.

I don’t see anything wrong with you getting out of the game for awhile.

Last edited:

noco5.0

Established Member
I love my cars but don't really enjoy the hobby aspect of it. Don't like car shows glaze over when old guys in Hawaiian shirts start talking about "all original". I've tried all sorts of racing probably enjoy open lapping days the most. Autocross is a bunch of Mario Andretti wanna be's racing Miatas in a parking lot. Find I prefer just driving my cars alone. Maybe the occasional cars and coffee because it's not an all day affair and there tends to be a more interesting variety of cars.

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
When I was younger I was always about the drive. Wanted to go as fast as I could and everywhere I went.

As I got older it was more about the build. Than now as I get even older it's about the friendships I have made and the helping others and them helping me as well.

But I still love the drive and on a nice day and a clean car I always have a smile on my face cruising, and I don't think I will ever not enjoy the Hobby.

OP just give it some time. When it's in your blood and veins it's always there. Don't let legislation of the government tell you what to do so much. The left seems to always want to destroy the things that make us happy. Don't let them. There are many things to still enjoy in the hobby.

Sent from my SM-G991U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I love my cars but don't really enjoy the hobby aspect of it. Don't like car shows glaze over when old guys in Hawaiian shirts start talking about "all original". I've tried all sorts of racing probably enjoy open lapping days the most. Autocross is a bunch of Mario Andretti wanna be's racing Miatas in a parking lot. Find I prefer just driving my cars alone. Maybe the occasional cars and coffee because it's not an all day affair and there tends to be a more interesting variety of cars.
I'm the exact same way. I haven't had any of my cars at a car show in probably 8-10 years. Friends give me crap about it. I'll go to a car show, but never bring mine. I also don't like leaving the cars unattended.

I prefer just getting in and going for a cruise. Even if it's only for 30 minutes.

This was taken a few hours ago, around 1:30 am! Premium was $4.94 per gallon.
89f390ef1b7f23ff0ba3cc12273246d7.jpg

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
one day I’ll get another car. But between softball for the gfs kiddo… my full time job and hers. Her business, and my start up.. just wasn’t time or want to even drive my car. Her business is wedding video so that takes up every weekend that isn’t softball… and I do my business stuff on every week day that I have off from my normal job

Hell the lifted Silverado I bought I don’t even remember the last time I started it. I’m either in the f250, or her Altima

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I haven't had a fast car in some time, but went another money dumping route for 7 years offroading in the SE with Raptor(s).

Still would say I like the "go-fast" hobby just waiting for a good time to get back into it due to time and I don't care to buy something and have it sit.

Besides, going to start working again on a 90 Bronco. Think the original 5.8 is done so looking at stupid options to fix it.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Op I've felt this way for past 5yrs. My son is turning 18 in august and he's the reason I'm still in it. The way he explains things on the cobra to his friends makes me smile., his enthusiasm about learning or just detailing car is why I haven't sold old redfire.

Chin up and let the car sit for 5yrs with parts on the floor. 5 yrs from now it'll still be a badass car and maybe you'll be in again..

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I spun a bearing on my 98 back in 2010 or so. Bought a new Aluminator 4.6 short block from Tousley Ford, and had a shop do the work.
The shop took many months to get it done. When I got it back the engine had a knock in it and Ford claimed it was out of their warranty period. The engine lasted 500 miles.

Shit, that took all the wind out of my sails. I let it sit for about 8 years. I was just so sour with it all. A few years ago I had the whole car gone through, and a new built engine, turbo, MM suspension etc were done.
I've had so many miles of smiles since.

I knew I'd eventually get over it, and be pissed if I ever sold it. It's the last car my father came to look at with me when I was thinking of buying the car back in 2004. (He was a Ford employee for 30+ years) He has since passed. I don't think I could ever actually sell it.

I guess what I'm saying is, be patient. Let the car sit. You'll most likely come back to it.

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
Car shows are boring as hell imo.

I just do track days at road courses across North America and absolutely love it. If you have never driven your car on a track before, try it. It will give you a completely new perspective on sports cars.
While obviously 100% true, OP is complaining about gas prices, so... the cost of running RC is likely not in his wheelhouse lol

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Like a lot have mentioned, sometimes it just takes “something” to get you right back in it.

Recently my girlfriends sisters boyfriend just bought a 3.0 whipple 5.0, never had a car before. Now all I have to listen to is how much power it makes, how fast it is, this and that. That was enough for me to blow the dust off the ol’ girl and fill the bottle for this summer.

Didn’t take much lol.

cobracide

Established Member
I spun a bearing on my 98 back in 2010 or so. Bought a new Aluminator 4.6 short block from Tousley Ford, and had a shop do the work.
The shop took many months to get it done. When I got it back the engine had a knock in it and Ford claimed it was out if their warranty period. The engine lasted 500 miles.

Shit, that took all the wind out of my sails. I let it sit for about 8 years. I was just so sour with it all. A few years ago I had the whole car gone through, and a new built engine, turbo, MM suspension etc were done.

I knew I'd eventually get over it, and be pissed if I ever sold it. It's the last car my father came to look at with me when I was thinking of buying the car back in 2004. (He was a Ford employee for 30+ years) He has since passed. I don't think I could ever actually sell it.

I guess what I'm saying is, be patient. Let the car sit. You'll most likely come back to it.
Nothing like a shit experience for a buzz kill. Glad you got it going again. Finding competent mechanics to do work on modded cars (and parts now too) is not easy at all. Even "reputable" shops can screw up.

Daily Driver 2003 Cobra here, 130k miles, love every minute driving it. Picked it up in 2007 with 6500 miles on it unmodded. Don't have to deal with daily traffic jam commutes anymore. What a relief. Still have a few parts that still need to go on but incompetent shops put a damper on that. 525hp is more than enough for me on the back roads for 90% of my travel.

Trip to Fla and back cost me some coin but it is what it is. Get 21-22 MPG on the highway. Worth it for me but I can see it crimping some people's budget. Still yearn for a 2.3 whipple on the highway but I'm just not there often enough to care too much.

I've seen a LOT of guys sell their cars just buy again. Keep the car, unless you really can't afford to keep it and/or drive it and need the money.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I was in the same place a few years back, sold my Mustang after an accident with the hood made me realize that I had not driven it in forever and the spark was not longer there. Pretty much gave it away, but I was also trying to get through a divorce at that time as well. My love of cars, modding, and speed is still there, but other priorities have bit into a lot of that, so it has really toned down. Fewer shows, fewer races, no more muscle car... I wish I could do it all again, but prices of parts, the cars themselves, and the current socio-economic climate just stops me in my tracks most of the time, so I get where the OP is coming from. I say install the parts you have now. Make sure it is a pleasure to drive and just enjoy it the way it is for as long as you can. Let it be your last hurrah and save it for a future generation to stare at in awe as you explain to them how fun cars used to be.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Depression is a mood disorder that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest. Also called major depressive disorder or clinical depression, it affects how you feel, think and behave and can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Got a local shop doing it?

Who's doing the tuning?

Kong, makes me so nervous lol I've seen some of his 'handiwork' first hand

Dude, tell me about it.

Kong ****ed up the snout and I had everything back together only to find smoke pouring out from under the hood when we started it up. The pulley was rubbing against the snout due to his "tolerances."

He ghosted me when I tried to get it fixed. I sent him a ton of emails and called him 4 times a day for a week. It was not until I flamed him on corvette forum did he get back to me.

When I got it back he did not clearance the snout for the waterpump so it snapped the inlet when we mounted it. I called synergy to get their thoughts and they told me what to do. They premount their blowers when they do snout jobs to make sure everything clears and will clearance them if they do not. Seems like basic shit to me but Kong does not do this. My heads are milled so it may not have mattered either way. He could have given a heads up at the very least.

Here are a couple of pics. I have some new shoes that are going on it that will look awesome.

1653657009134.jpeg

1653657020658.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread