Losing interest in this hobby fast….

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Gas prices are ridiculous. Our country, although a place I still prefer to live over other places, is headed in the wrong direction and it’s accelerating quick. Tuners and shops are on edge.

I’m not even on social media and I find my fervor for this hobby, in particular, and really anything else in general waning very quickly due to our society and culture. Racing is in the decline (has been for sometime now) but if the govt had its way (which it might sooner than we think) we would not even be allowed to race…all in the name of “climate change”.

I’m losing interest fast in this hobby as I see a very bleak outlook on anything that revolves around gas and the “climate change” agenda. I don’t even like putting gas in my damn car right now regardless of how much fun I get out of driving it and how much I love my Cobra.

Car cruises and car shows don’t seem to have the same feel as they used to.

Maybe this is all cyclical…maybe future elections will change it…maybe I need to step away from it all and gain some perspective…or maybe something else entirely.

I’m just not seeing the point of it all lately…

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Gas prices are ridiculous. Our country, although a place I still prefer to live over other places, is headed in the wrong direction and it’s accelerating quick. Tuners and shops are on edge.

I’m not even on social media and I find my fervor for this hobby, in particular, and really anything else in general waning very quickly due to our society and culture. Racing is in the decline (has been for sometime now) but if the govt had its way (which it might sooner than we think) we would not even be allowed to race…all in the name of “climate change”.

I’m losing interest fast in this hobby as I see a very bleak outlook on anything that revolves around gas and the “climate change” agenda. I don’t even like putting gas in my damn car right now regardless of how much fun I get out of driving it and how much I love my Cobra.

Car cruises and car shows don’t seem to have the same feel as they used to.

Maybe this is all cyclical…maybe future elections will change it…maybe I need to step away from it all and gain some perspective…or maybe something else entirely.

I’m just not seeing the point of it all lately…

Well post up your car for sale. I'm interested. I still like going fast and burning rubber.

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
For some perspective…I have a blower, a fuel system, and s lot of parts sitting in my garage waiting to go on and I see no point in even starting it all….

I used to love all this but it’s just not there anymore…

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
cyclical

As we grow older our interests change.

When you say racing is dying, what do you mean? Drag racing? Cuz Atlanta, street racing happens ROUTINELY.
In my area, I see NO ONE driving “enthusiast” cars. Drag racing in general doesn’t seem to be what it used to be even 4-5 years ago at least in my area.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For some perspective…I have a blower, a fuel system, and s lot of parts sitting in my garage waiting to go on and I see no point in even starting it all….

I used to love all this but it’s just not there anymore…

You're giving me blue balls over here. Throw out a number and let's make a deal.

p7805542_b_h8_af.jpg

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This year alone I am spending over $15k on my race car. I have not lost the fire, in fact I am doubling down.
My race car is considered Green...it burns E85...

Same. I dropped about $18,500 on mine last winter. NEVER STOPPING.

I’m an hour+ west of St. Louis.

So Columbia area or so?

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Priorities change. Went like gang busters on my 08 for about 8 years. Had loads of fun modding, shows general cruising. So now have not driven it in almost a year. Got into restomodding and spending all my time on my 56. See how this summer goes before making any decision one way or the other.

Users who are viewing this thread