Losing interest in this hobby fast….

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
My cars are toys and I drive them on the weekends so gas prices mean nothing to me. Move to Texas or Florida and the car seen will feel right to u I guarentee it!

As far as shops and tuners go ur still waiting (6) months to get into any well known shop and another (6) months to finish if ur lucky so shops and tuners are certainly not on the edge. In fact, they are making more money and have more business now than they have ever had!

The car show and cars and coffee thing has definately slowed down and for some ppl thats what the whole "Car thing" is about. Thats not what its about for most of us bro. We like to go out and race our fast shit not park it at some cars and coffee and talk about how fast it is.......

Gas prices are ridiculous. Our country, although a place I still prefer to live over other places, is headed in the wrong direction and it’s accelerating quick. Tuners and shops are on edge.

I’m not even on social media and I find my fervor for this hobby, in particular, and really anything else in general waning very quickly due to our society and culture. Racing is in the decline (has been for sometime now) but if the govt had its way (which it might sooner than we think) we would not even be allowed to race…all in the name of “climate change”.

I’m losing interest fast in this hobby as I see a very bleak outlook on anything that revolves around gas and the “climate change” agenda. I don’t even like putting gas in my damn car right now regardless of how much fun I get out of driving it and how much I love my Cobra.

Car cruises and car shows don’t seem to have the same feel as they used to.

Maybe this is all cyclical…maybe future elections will change it…maybe I need to step away from it all and gain some perspective…or maybe something else entirely.

I’m just not seeing the point of it all lately…

FourSixPony

SLO GT
Established Member
I haven’t had a Mustang in a few years now.. I wasn’t driving it much at all, so I sold it. This year I started to miss it, I just picked up a 21’ 5.0 a few weeks ago, it’s great to be back in one. I regretted selling mine before, I had no reason to, just thought I was done with it and would be fine without it. Took some time but yea, I had to get another V8.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here's an idea.
Move to Maine, there are close to 6 months out of the year you can't drive a race car/sports car/hot rod.
After that 6 months, you can't wait to get back behind the wheel.

Of course, the locals here just pull out their snow machines/snow mobiles/ sleds or whatever they call them, when the snow falls and get their speed fix that way.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Not far from me at all. Nice. I like living here. Has stayed conservative but the more that people move out this way, the more it moves away from being a country/midwestern feel. Still a good place to live though!

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Here's an idea.
Move to Maine, there are close to 6 months out of the year you can't drive a race car/sports car/hot rod.
After that 6 months, you can't wait to get back behind the wheel.

Of course, the locals here just pull out their snow machines/snow mobiles/ sleds or whatever they call them, when the snow falls and get their speed fix that way.

This. It is just finally thawing out where I am at and my balls are as blue as can be. I cant wait for driving season.

Users who are viewing this thread