Lot's of Engine Failures - Does not seem like isolated issue

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I worked with the Internet Sale Mgr at Capital Ford. TBH, that Twister Orange is probably a better deal and option unless all you are going to do is track the car.

Keep us up to date on what you decide to do as you can't really go wrong with either Car imo. It all depends on what you intend to use the Car for and your intentions (Road vs Track).

I connected with a guy locally who posted his car up for sale on the GT350 Classifieds group on Facebook. He is reluctant to sell but he is getting a blue GT500 so he may part with his car:

2018 White with blue stripes
Purchased new on Nov 3, 2020
All options I want
Ford ESP so it has a bumper to bumper warranty until Nov 3, 2025
Tint
Ceramic coated
700 miles; just had first oil change yesterday

MSRP for the car is $62k, he is asking $56k. May try to knock it down to $54k. Biggest perk is no sales tax since it is private party sale. We'll see...I'll update everyone soon.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I connected with a guy locally who posted his car up for sale on the GT350 Classifieds group on Facebook. He is reluctant to sell but he is getting a blue GT500 so he may part with his car:

2018 White with blue stripes
Purchased new on Nov 3, 2020
All options I want
Ford ESP so it has a bumper to bumper warranty until Nov 3, 2025
Tint
Ceramic coated
700 miles; just had first oil change yesterday

MSRP for the car is $62k, he is asking $56k. May try to knock it down to $54k. Biggest perk is no sales tax since it is private party sale. We'll see...I'll update everyone soon.

Quick update...it seems purchasing private party is a real BITCH.

I went to the sellers house (about 20 minute drive for me) and test drove the car (man, the clutch pedal is LIGHT on the 350 and will take some getting used to). He paid off the car the same day that I went and drove it (11 days ago). We agreed on price and we have a deal. However, there are a couple of issues:

1. He doesn't have the title. Ford holds the title and told him it will be 4-6 weeks before he gets the title in the mail. In the meantime, they sent him a release of lien that should arrive tomorrow or Friday. The Nevada DMV told him that the release of lien would be fine for transfer of ownership. However, when I initially spoke to my credit union they told me they needed the title or copy of it. I need to call them tomorrow to see if a release of lien will suffice (but I don't know how it would). Meanwhile, he took delivery of his GT500 so he doesn't have enough room in his garage for both cars so last night the 350 spent the night outside (not a big deal but that sucks).

2. My credit union's letter states that they require that I register the car within 10 days of purchase...however, due to COVID registrations are by appointment only and the next available appointment is on June 20. What...the...****. The seller scored an appointment for June 8 for his GT500. Nevada doesn't allow you to purchase a movement permit online unless the vehicle has a NV registration that is current or expired in the last 18 months and the permit can only be issued in the name of the registered owner (which in this case would be the seller). Again...what...the...****.

I'm willing to bet that my credit union won't accept a release of lien in lieu of a title, but if they do, I'd be able to purchase the car but wouldn't be able to legally drive it under a movement permit and would have to let it sit until I can register it in late June.

This can't be real life...

Saleenrose

Established Member
That is why a dealer costs more, they take responsibility and do these things for you. Idaho has been talking 3 months to get my titles back. Hard to sell when I don't have titles.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Surprising since they dont make any real power......:rolleyes: Cant imagine throwing a power adder at it. But it does seem like the boosted ones do well. Maybe they all need a blower lol.

tampasnake

Established Member
Quick update...it seems purchasing private party is a real BITCH.

I went to the sellers house (about 20 minute drive for me) and test drove the car (man, the clutch pedal is LIGHT on the 350 and will take some getting used to). He paid off the car the same day that I went and drove it (11 days ago). We agreed on price and we have a deal. However, there are a couple of issues:

1. He doesn't have the title. Ford holds the title and told him it will be 4-6 weeks before he gets the title in the mail. In the meantime, they sent him a release of lien that should arrive tomorrow or Friday. The Nevada DMV told him that the release of lien would be fine for transfer of ownership. However, when I initially spoke to my credit union they told me they needed the title or copy of it. I need to call them tomorrow to see if a release of lien will suffice (but I don't know how it would). Meanwhile, he took delivery of his GT500 so he doesn't have enough room in his garage for both cars so last night the 350 spent the night outside (not a big deal but that sucks).

2. My credit union's letter states that they require that I register the car within 10 days of purchase...however, due to COVID registrations are by appointment only and the next available appointment is on June 20. What...the...****. The seller scored an appointment for June 8 for his GT500. Nevada doesn't allow you to purchase a movement permit online unless the vehicle has a NV registration that is current or expired in the last 18 months and the permit can only be issued in the name of the registered owner (which in this case would be the seller). Again...what...the...****.

I'm willing to bet that my credit union won't accept a release of lien in lieu of a title, but if they do, I'd be able to purchase the car but wouldn't be able to legally drive it under a movement permit and would have to let it sit until I can register it in late June.

This can't be real life...

I went through a similar issue when I bought my R model in December. I'm not sure how COVID makes banks and the DMV work slower but it took a bit over 30 days to get the title and the car registered. My credit union also had the same 10 days policy but there is nothing they could do but wait.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
That is why a dealer costs more, they take responsibility and do these things for you. Idaho has been talking 3 months to get my titles back. Hard to sell when I don't have titles.

Well, I'm paying a fair price for the car. As I mentioned earlier, the primary reason(s) why I want to buy private party are:

1. No sales tax on private party sales in Nevada (save $5k+)

2. Dealers don't know the history of the vehicle and whether it was broken in properly. The one I am buying has around 700 miles and the seller was keeping it under 4000 rpm until it hit 1k miles (not sure that is necessary but good to know) and he always let the engine warm until the oil reached 180 degrees before driving it (I believe the break-in procedure calls for 150 degrees but he was playing it safe). Even when we went cruising in it we sat in his driveway waiting for the oil to heat up and he asked that I keep it under 4000 rpm if possible (which I did).

Surprising since they dont make any real power......:rolleyes: Cant imagine throwing a power adder at it. But it does seem like the boosted ones do well. Maybe they all need a blower lol.

I've heard the Voodoo responds well when boosted.

I went through a similar issue when I bought my R model in December. I'm not sure how COVID makes banks and the DMV work slower but it took a bit over 30 days to get the title and the car registered. My credit union also had the same 10 days policy but there is nothing they could do but wait.

I think the real issue is that at least here in NV the number of people that visit the DMV daily is maddening. I never go to the DMV (do annual registrations, etc. electronically or through a kiosk). The DMV is limiting the number of people who can come in and do "business" because crowds and Covid are not a good mix. So they have gone with an "appointment only" operation and they take walk ins on Saturdays, but you have to get there at 4AM. This is why the seller bought the car brand new in November but just registered it two weeks ago...he was waiting all that time for his ****ing appointment! LOL

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Here in Massachusetts the dmv offices are by appointment only.

however, they do have a dedicated line inside for “runners” for insurance agencies. Might be worth checking with your insurance agent if they offer such a service.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Here in Massachusetts the dmv offices are by appointment only.

however, they do have a dedicated line inside for “runners” for insurance agencies. Might be worth checking with your insurance agent if they offer such a service.

That's interesting...thanks for the advice. I'll look into that.

Also, my credit union told me this morning that the release of lien won't work. They need the title.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Finally! Got the deal done. Car has 861 miles. 2018 bought brand new in November 2020 by original seller here locally in Vegas. Full ceramic coating, tint, and 5 year Ford ESP all transferred to me. Has Electronics package and Recaros, exactly as I wanted.

Stalled it once on the way home. Good grief, the clutch pedal on 2018's is ridiculous. Already ordered the Steeda pedal spring.

Got to ride in the sellers 2020 GT350R Heritage Edition today as well. What a day!!!!!

@DAVESVT2000 @jvandy50 @fearthesnake
IMG_7006.JPG
IMG_7006.JPG
IMG_7007.JPG
IMG_7006.JPG
IMG_7007.JPG

fearthesnake

Established Member
Congratulations!! Beautiful car and you basically got a new Car, assuming it sat on a Dealership show room floor until November.

Good to see you have a 5 year warranty also. That is peace of mind for sure!

Drive and Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread