Established Member
Premium Member
That’s a scary one, stuff like that I’d highly consider getting the hell out

stay safe anyone in its path

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I could never move to that region knowing that this stuff happens on a regular basis. Good luck to all of the folks that have to live through this. Safe passage.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Accordion and electric roll downs are your life here.
We always had the panels we stored in the garage, could get the entire house shielded in about 30min with 2 people and two battery drills w/ wingnut bit

Moved further up the East Coast for work, first time I've ever lived in a house that didn't have shutters (or the insanely sturdy/strict Florida building codes); mind blowing

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

RES0574

Established Member
You would think as much time as the folks from Weather Channel have spent in LA over the past 20 years, they would know how to pronounce the names of the parishes.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
We always had the panels we stored in the garage, could get the entire house shielded in about 30min with 2 people and two battery drills w/ wingnut bit

Moved further up the East Coast for work, first time I've ever lived in a house that didn't have shutters (or the insanely sturdy/strict Florida building codes); mind blowing

**** that crap. I will not deal the panel shutter crap.

RES0574

Established Member
I would not count out going to Lafayette. If the roads can be driven on, and you can bring your client whatever from the outside world, you will be going. "If he is already scheduled....."

Katrina - I was in Galveston on Sunday/Monday evac'd, on Tuesday I was driving to Morgan City, etc, then to Covington with a U-haul trailer full of supplies based upon requests from my employer at that time. LA knows how critical oil field operations are, so make sure you have your company ID and tell the Troopers what you are doing. I was stopped three times by LE's, showed them my ID, told them what I was doing, and they let me through. Bring your side arm, and either a shot gun or AR with ammo. Some people get stupid when they know LE is tied up with other issues. I had to "show" twice during my trip when I was making deliveries to some of our remote offices.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I would not count out going to Lafayette. If the roads can be driven on, and you can bring your client whatever from the outside world, you will be going. "If he is already scheduled....."

Katrina - I was in Galveston on Sunday/Monday evac'd, on Tuesday I was driving to Morgan City, etc, then to Covington with a U-haul trailer full of supplies based upon requests from my employer at that time. LA knows how critical oil field operations are, so make sure you have your company ID and tell the Troopers what you are doing. I was stopped three times by LE's, showed them my ID, told them what I was doing, and they let me through. Bring your side arm, and either a shot gun or AR with ammo. Some people get stupid when they know LE is tied up with other issues. I had to "show" twice during my trip when I was making deliveries to some of our remote offices.

my job ain’t critical “ day of “ all my stuff can be rescheduled. Lol.

if it’s to the point of troopers are out.. I ain’t going

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a 55 gallon drum full and five 5 gallon cans full. All vehicles are full. I am good for a couple of 3 months if it gets stupid expensive.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Accordion and electric roll downs are your life here.

If one is living in an area where a hurricane is common and you don't have installed defenses like hurricane shutters or what have you, why do so many people run to Lowes and H.D., rather than keeping plywood in the garage or basement, each time there is a storm brewing? On a rudimentary level it is like living here and running out for a snow shovel each time a storm is predicted rather than having it on hand prior.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
If one is living in an area where a hurricane is common and you don't have installed defenses like hurricane shutters or what have you, why do so many people run to Lowes and H.D., rather than keeping plywood in the garage or basement, each time there is a storm brewing? On a rudimentary level it is like living here and running out for a snow shovel each time a storm is predicted rather than having it on hand prior.
Larger initial lump sum cost vs little bit when you need it?
Having just moved to the area vs growing up there living through hurricanes and ish?
Ignorance?

...because racism (I dunno, I keep hearing this one for everything so figured I'd throw it in there too)

Users who are viewing this thread