Louisiana and Hurricane Ida

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Thing is still a category 4 after 6 hours of landfall, god damn thats a monster.... hope all stay safe, but I think the surge and flooding is going to be horrendous.

Don't trust government to help you out, I hope those who stayed behind learned that from the last one 16 years ago. Youre definitely on your own now considering the people in charge now.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Larger initial lump sum cost vs little bit when you need it?
Having just moved to the area vs growing up there living through hurricanes and ish?
Ignorance?

...because racism (I dunno, I keep hearing this one for everything so figured I'd throw it in there too)
You forgot stupidity.

Nothing says fun like hitting the home improvement stores and finding out it is like Xmas of 1983 trying to find a cabbage patch doll.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
You forgot stupidity.

Nothing says fun like hitting the home improvement stores and finding out it is like Xmas of 1983 trying to find a cabbage patch doll.
Ignorance != stupidity?

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
If one is living in an area where a hurricane is common and you don't have installed defenses like hurricane shutters or what have you, why do so many people run to Lowes and H.D., rather than keeping plywood in the garage or basement, each time there is a storm brewing? On a rudimentary level it is like living here and running out for a snow shovel each time a storm is predicted rather than having it on hand prior.
Plywood sucks, it's heavy and you need to store it. It literally takes me maybe 15 minutes to block off all openings in my house. Not cheap though.

SSCOBRA03

Established Member
I have had precut plywood and clips for all of windows and French door for about 15 years now. I have only put them up once, but they are there if I need them.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
My client is acting like no big deal for Lafayette

he’s way more optimistic when it comes hurricanes than I am lol

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Word is a few hospitals are not fairing so well around New Orleans and they are big ones. Two have roof issues and I believe 5 have lost generator power.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

nxhappy

Established Member
hope ya'll are ok. Saw several videos....I can't even imagine that shit. Stay safe, stay calm. Prayers sent !

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Image1631204691.333234.jpg
Image1631204732.064755.jpg
Image1631204747.209575.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread