Lower Control Arms & Relocation Brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfadchi

Established Member
As most of you know I have had problems with my lower control arms blowing out bushings :shrug: I guess that can happen when 800+RWHP! :lol1: I have now had stock, BMR, and Steeda lowers all with the same results.

Well last week at the track I got to talking to Jared from Lethal Performance, and Jeremy from UPR about my LCAs and problems with my 60' times. Saturday Jared called me and let me know he and Jeremy had some things for me that will help my problems! :banana:

UPR 05-10 Mustang Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets [UPR-2018] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

yhst-37354654005614_2065_18616010

UPR 05-10 Mustang Chrome Moly Double Adj. Lower Control Arms [UPR-2002-11] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

UPR-2002-11_MED.jpg

I picked up the parts yesterday and started the install this morning before work! I could not believe how easy the install was. I was dreading adding the relocation brackets, for fear that they were a PIA to install.

Here's a step by step on the installation, if your not doing the brackets you can just skip over that part to just install the Lower Control Arms.

Step 1

Jack up the rear of the car and place the car on jack stands. I put the stands on the frame rails of the car as you can see in the picture.

relocationbrackets01.jpg

Step 2

Remove both rear tires, this step is not 100% necessary but, it makes life easier which I'm all about.

Step 3

Place a small jack under the differential of the car, slightly jack it up to load the suspension just a tad bit.

relocationbrackets02.jpg

Step 4

Take a look at the line running threw your stock LCA's. That's your e-brake cable. Follow it up to where it attaches to the brake system.

relocationbrackets04.jpg

Step 5

Remove the retainer clip for the e-brake cable, and disconnect the cable and pull it out of the stock LCAs.

relocationbrackets05.jpg

Step 6

Remove the the rear bolt that goes threw the LCA. This is a 15mm bolt.

relocationbrackets03.jpg

Step 7 *Skip this step if your not installing the relocation brackets.

Remove the axle weights.

relocationbrackets07.jpg

Step 8 *Skip this step if your not installing the relocation brackets.

Drill a 1/2" hole where the axle weight hole was. Your not having to drill a new hole just making the existing one slightly larger.

relocationbrackets08.jpg

Step 9 *Skip this step if your not installing the relocation brackets.

Install the relocation bracket with the short side facing outwards. Use the small bolt and nut for the very top hole, and the longer bolt with the inter spacer for the second hole. Torque to 130ft pounds.

CIMG0227.jpg

*Note If you have the sway bar relocation kit already, the LCA relocation bracket is a tight fit, but not to much just of a pain to pry the sway bar back for a second to put the bracket into place.

Step 10 *Step only required if your putting in adjustable LCAs

Adjust the control arms so they are the same length as stock before you install them.

Step 11

Remove the front of the LCA from the car if your going to change out the LCA if your keeping your existing ones just reconnect them.

relocationbrackets06.jpg

Step 12

Put the front side of the new LCA into place then the rear side. Remember the stub from the LCA goes in the rear and towards the center of the car. Torque to 135FT

relocationbrackets11.jpg

relocationbrackets10.jpg

Step 13

Reconnect the e-brake cable and put the clip back in. Zip tie the e-brake cable to the new LCAs. Put your wheels on and lower the car. Take her for a spin and make sure she does not make any unusual noises. YOUR DONE!!!

:rockon:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread