Lowered DA BOLT....pics inside.

DA BOLT

Established Member
Lowered the L about 2" in front yesterday by cutting one coil only from the oem coils and removing the bump stop. I really like the look and ride, not too low but just enough. The ride feels like stock and although I have not tested it going around corners with any good speed it should handle much better.

The shocks are still stock and have 2" shackles out back, was thinking about taking out one leaf for another 1"–1 1/2" drop in the back but I like the rake I have now which is a 2"/2".

Before.

DCP_2314.jpg

After.

DCP_2317.jpg

Side.

DCP_2320.jpg

DCP_2321.jpg

DCP_2316.jpg

Disintegr8or

Established Member
Came out nice. I need to do mine one day....So that black and gray stuff you had on the front before was that a graphic?

DA BOLT

Established Member
Disintegr8or said:
Came out nice. I need to do mine one day....So that black and gray stuff you had on the front before was that a graphic?

Thanks, if you mean the lightning bolts, yes, I got it cheap that's the only reason I had them but I think it looks cleaner without them. ;-)

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
that looks really good! im trying hard to find springs that will lower my truck like that....now i just may cut em up. seriously. that looks good.

DA BOLT

Established Member
Hey guys, thanks for the compliments. A friend of mine had his done the same and had no problems with the alignment but would recomend one anyway, I guess time will tell but you can't beat the ride, it really feels stock. BTW if you decide to do this make sure and use a cut off tool as a torch will weaken the coils. :coolman:

Later ...Bert.

PS. I'm gonna watch the Miami Heat now......Pat Riley's first game back. :thumbsup:

OH-MAN

Established Member
I would get the alignment.
Seems cheaper than finding out that your front tires are wearing out unevenly
It also gives you a chance to change to the lightning prefered spec whic I really like on mine.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
to be honest your truck would look alot better if you would remove the hood scoop, the chrome molding off the side steps, and most of all the banner across your windshield.......hard to explain, but i guess you could say you have too many busy spots on your truck that take away from the truck itself.

however the drop looks great.

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
MattSVTCobra said:
i think the truck looks baller just the way she sits

I have to agree. I understand what CHIZ is sayin (although I dont see the chrome molding on the steps?) but its not bad enough to change imo. If I bought it like that Id ditch the banner in a heartbeat but thats just because I didnt come up with it. I think... :shrug: Hmmm maybe Id ditch it even if I did come up with it...

Users who are viewing this thread