Lowered Mach 1's

Nor Cal Mach

I love this AMERICAN RIDE
Established Member
hey man I have H&R SS springs on my mach now that I dont want. Ill trade you for your stockers. Let me know if you wanna do that cause my car is too low to be taken the bumps at my complex

EVO-lution

Established Member
That stance is perfect i wish i could go that low but i cant. these kentucky backroads arent so great haha. not to mention i want to keep the soft ride that i have now, my 01 gt had h&r ss springs and looked great but was pretty rough.

yeah I hear ya on bumpy backroads. I didn't care. I sacrificed the right for good looks. it's alll worth it in the end IMHO. Besides it's a mustang not a benz :p hahaha

^ which Eibachs and how do they ride?

I have sportlines in there now. ride quality is about the same as stock. Didn't feel much different if you ask me.:shrug:

Tlayson23

Established Member
hey man I have H&R SS springs on my mach now that I dont want. Ill trade you for your stockers. Let me know if you wanna do that cause my car is too low to be taken the bumps at my complex

Nah thats what i had on my 01 GT and i'm not lookin to lower this one as much. Thanks for the offer tho

TheMrMach

Established Member
sittin.jpg

coilovers up front eibachs in the rear

Tlayson23

Established Member
cutting the springs 3/4 all around tomorrow and maybe wednesday too if i dont get finished. I'm taking my time and making sure i do everything right so we'll see how long it takes. I'll post pics when its done

99BlownVert

Established Member
I have sportlines on my mach 1 man, it sits pretty dang low and I have 1 3/4 long tubes with a 3 inch x pipe. It really doesnt scrape as long as I am careful. I am putting new pics up in the mach 1 pics section but you can take a look at it there if you want. I think you will be fine even on rough roads as long as there are no huge potholes

clc44

Established Member
With my springs cut 1 full coil it scrapes on some things. I will get some new H&R or Eibach's in the future.

I just posted a few pics of mine in Mach picture section.

Last edited:

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
cutting the springs 3/4 all around tomorrow and maybe wednesday too if i dont get finished. I'm taking my time and making sure i do everything right so we'll see how long it takes. I'll post pics when its done

Post before and after pics and measure the diffrance with a tape if you would :-D :beer:

Tlayson23

Established Member
Post before and after pics and measure the diffrance with a tape if you would :-D :beer:

Will do... i think i'm gonna go half a coil just to be safe, i can always cut more off. If it was a stock Mach1 and i didn't have the extra 160 pounds in the front i would definately go 3/4, but i've been looking at pictures and my front end seems to be a little lower than a completely stock mach

clc44

Established Member
Good deal, the part that took us a while was actually cutting the springs. My buddy had the car jacked up and all the springs out in around 30 minutes. Took about 20 minutes a spring to cut. We didn't have a powerful enough tool lol.

Tlayson23

Established Member
Good deal, the part that took us a while was actually cutting the springs. My buddy had the car jacked up and all the springs out in around 30 minutes. Took about 20 minutes a spring to cut. We didn't have a powerful enough tool lol.

lol i'm just having a local shop do mine theyre very experienced and do alot of work on mustangs. I already was taking it up there to get my a-pillar gauges hooked up and they gave me a decent price so i let them do it instead of taking a chance on messing somethin up. Should be done tomorrow tho and i'll try and post some pics or at least post some measurements

Tlayson23

Established Member
just got my car back, they ended up only cutting half a coil just to be safe... so far it dropped it exactly 3/4 inch in front, and 1/2 inch rear. Springs may settle a little throughout the week ill remeasure later but it looks alot better

Users who are viewing this thread