lowering problems help!!!

Robbiejaegle

Established Member
i had my 99 cobra lowered about 4-5 months ago. i have probably only put 3k miles on it since then. i had the car lowered with H&R race Lowering springs. i knew that a big problem was that the front would sit higher than the rear. i bought mm isolators beacuse i herd that they were the best to use. i also had cobra r shocks and struts put on. after i picked up my car the guy told me that he only used the new front isolators so the back isolators were the old ones. right away i noticed that the front sat higher than the rear. then i noticed that the passanger side front sat probably 1/2 inch higher than the drivers and the passenger rear sat probably 1/4 inch higher than the drivers rear. it drives me crazy seeing people in mustang gts and how there lowered mustang has that perfect level lowered stance i want mine to be like that. am i the only one that has this problem? can any one help me out with what to do to get it to sit even with the other sides and to get the front to be even with the back? :??: thank you

01RedBeardCobra

Established Member
Mine sits pretty even with no isos and 3/4 heater hose on the bottom coil.
93DFA396-713E-4FFE-9A94-85BE541B08EB-21088-00000957F0954072_zps1eccdce4.jpg

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Having the new firmer isolators in the front is part of the problem, especially if the stock ones were reused in the rear. It's not uncommon to initially lower your car and have to play around with the isolators to get it just right. And being off a quarter inch or so from one side to the other isn't unheard of either.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Yeah and to think you paid some muppet who really doesn't give a **** about your car to mess things up when you could've done that yourself.

The springs need to be clocked identically or else the ride height will vary. With the race springs the front should not sit higher than the rear.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
FWIW a half inch is not a big deal, you don't really want to start putting a ruler on these mustangs. If they've lived over 5 years without subframe connectors, they aren't going to be straight. They won't be, the'll probably never be, unless they see a frame machine. When you measure you should measure from the frame rail. to the ground. not the fenderwell however, these results will just keep you up at night.
Along those lines I prefer not to use isos because they just add to the inconsistency, I grease the spring cups so they don't squeak and "clock" the springs in their seats (as mentioned above).

Shepp1691

Established Member
i have vogtland sport springs with stock everything else and my car sits the same way, higher in the front and higher on the passenger side, i havent had much time to mess with it but it still looks way better than the stock 4x4 look.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I have the eibach pro kit with no isolators at all. Has a nice rake to the front and sits even side to side.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
I've used HR springs before, and never had a problem, if you do and it's a side to side issue, I would look someplace other than the springs for the cause. Like the spring is not clocked or the frame is tweaked (not uncommon).

5.4ever

Crawling before Walking
Established Member
Play with the ISOS and the position of the springs... Remove the front isos because it sounds like they are thicker and raising the front a tad. A month ago I was posting threads all over the net seeing who could help me lower my stang. I paid a guy 150 to do it and he didnt leave the car even, so I went back and messed with the springs and ISOS myself. Im very happy now. Its not that hard and theres plenty of threads here how to do this.

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread