Lowering question

BLACKSNAKE96

Established Member
Picked up new to me 14 GT/CS. Car is stock. Looking to lower and was going to do (BMR products) LCA, relo brackets, panhard bar and springs and some new wheels Prob 20's. But was just told I HAVE to do gt500 strut mounts and cambered bolts. Factory strut mounts can not be re-used because they could sometime make poping noises or break? Is this true? Do I need new ones and camber bolts? I will not be switching out struts or shocks at this time. So if I get the mounts will I have to replace for a second time if I later do the struts and shocks? Gt500 mounts be re-used? Just looking for the best way to go with out going crazy as I still want to spend money elsewhere on the car. I can not stand wierd noises rubbing or anything like that with the suspension so if there something I need to know please Inform me. I'm new to the 5.0. Coming from a 96 here lol. I would go back through the threads and look but short on time and only access is using my phone for this which is a pain. Thanks for the help.

BMR Tech

You need to get your parts you mentioned.

And grab a new OEM set of upper strut mounts (OEM is one time use)

We have a set in stock, direct replacement for 11-14 Mustangs (Excludes GT500)

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=...essionid=8430b98f627b479bb0011e2b1df11415d384

You need (2) of them.

The bolts or CC Plates depends on you, and what you want your alignment set at, and what you are doing with the car.

If you flip the mounts 180 degrees when installing, you should end up around -1.5~ish degrees negative camber. OEM spec is 0 to -1.5

BMR Tech

Just flip the mounts.

No bolts.

Now - I can be wrong. Flipping may not put you within OEM....every car is different.

Personally, I like -1.5 to .2 Camber. But I don't daily drive my cars.

Hell, my 2015 has -1.9 degrees in the REAR......lol

robbyrobs

Established Member
Just flip the mounts.

No bolts.

Now - I can be wrong. Flipping may not put you within OEM....every car is different.

Personally, I like -1.5 to .2 Camber. But I don't daily drive my cars.

Hell, my 2015 has -1.9 degrees in the REAR......lol

what do you recommend for DD cars as far as comber in front?

Mustangfresk196

Established Member
If you use the GT500 mounts you need to use 05-10 struts in the front.

Im lowering mine with steeda sport springs (only about an inch drop) using the GT500 mounts flipped around and Koni Str.t struts. I dont track the car or do anything crazy with it. Just a fun street car.

As far as BMR stuff. I installed their rear lower arms and panhard bar/brace over the winter. They all looked and felt great. Cant wait to see what difference they made.

Users who are viewing this thread