Lowering springs worth it ??

Frankycheechoo

Established Member
Thinking about lowering my cobra i bought the springs before I bought the car last year but still on the fence about it .
Will it scrape ? Is it really going to improve handling?
I’m happy with the handling but I know it looks good lower .
Is really worth it ??

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BYEPOLR

Established Member
I'd rather my car drag on the ground than look at that stock ride height (fortunately you can not be stock ride height AND not drag on the ground)

whipple1raptor

Established Member
It is worth it. Stock is way to high up. What springs did you get? There are springs that don’t SLAM it to the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Even at 2” I have faced no consequence to lowering and I have had the car lowered since Dec 2002.

BTW, IF you do lower, recommend taking a hard look at the right rear brake line and how it hangs. While it may not seem to be close to the rear axle boot, mine kissed it ever so slightly after lowered which tore a hole in my boot after 17 years of daily driving “shaving” of the boot from the brake line sheath.

The boot is a $30 repair and 3 hours if you know what you are doing or a $340 half shaft if you don’t catch it in time.

Bottom line? A simple look during the job and possibly a 550 cord strain relief to the control arm if needed to secure it a tad higher may be worth considering during the spring install job.

Users who are viewing this thread