Ls-> 2013 gt500

Chase_

Established Member
I know this isn't exactly a section for introductions but I will be spending most my time on this sub forum when on this site. Just picked up Jay's stripe delete PW 2013 STVPP. First car I've ever bought without actually driving it first (10 hours away). Jay literally took pictures from every single angle possible and tons of videos ranging from cold starts, hot starts, and baby pulls while monitoring multiple vitals. Then had a certified Ford dealership do a thorough inspection. Days later..
be23841064f4f5e1744be3225bcfb5b4.jpg

Last 4 cars have been LS motors but I’ve wanted a Cobra since I was a kid came and finally found the perfect one. Stoked to be a part of this exclusive community. Car only has Magnaflow catbacks so I have my work cut out for me to get to that 700rwhp mark but these cars respond to minor bolt on’s exceptionally well. For those of you that weren't watching the for sale section, here's what I landed! (License plate stayed with Jay)
800d1f986787207f76ed3d3b083d05ce.jpg
b5ed81e8d5aadde33414a2c1481f9631.jpg
b6b76215ae44a39d4da3ef88463744e8.jpg

Cheers,
Chase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJredfire03

Established Member
Nice pick up man! Gotta have some springs on it too though right?! Plenty of helpful posts and people on here that can help you reach your goals. Did you have a c6z06 by any chance?

Chase_

Established Member
Nice pick up man! Gotta have some springs on it too though right?! Plenty of helpful posts and people on here that can help you reach your goals. Did you have a c6z06 by any chance?

Oh yes, I forgot! Eibach Sports. No I did not, F body, c5z, procharged c6, then bolt-on CTSV. I drove a couple c6z's and they can be fast as balls but they just didn't give me that "man this car is perfect feeling". Will always respect the LS7 though.

Kel

Established Member
Congrats on the new car. Doesn't take much to get to 700 RWHP for sure - lots of good combo options available from excellent vendors on here. What are your impressions going from LS to Trinity power initially?

NJredfire03

Established Member
Oh yes, I forgot! Eibach Sports. No I did not, F body, c5z, procharged c6, then bolt-on CTSV. I drove a couple c6z's and they can be fast as balls but they just didn't give me that "man this car is perfect feeling". Will always respect the LS7 though.

That's what I was getting at. To me the LS7 with HCI full exhaust is one of the best sounding engines out there.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats and welcome to the 13/14 GT500 club. You definitely won't have any problems getting to 700whp. And yes the LS7 is a great engine, but the cylinder heads can be a nightmare

Chase_

Established Member
Congrats on the new car. Doesn't take much to get to 700 RWHP for sure - lots of good combo options available from excellent vendors on here. What are your impressions going from LS to Trinity power initially?

Thanks for all the congratulations guys. Houston has been under water since I took delivery so I haven't been given a fair chance to really drive the car. I'll get back to you on that initial response once the the roads start drying up though.

Congrats and welcome to the 13/14 GT500 club. You definitely won't have any problems getting to 700whp. And yes the LS7 is a great engine, but the cylinder heads can be a nightmare

Thanks dude. Yes there seems to be multiple efficient ways to get me there. Those valve guide issues run you about $1500 or so. After that, the 2008+ z06's are pretty damn reliable at that 550 range. I didn't buy this car to own the "fastest bang for buck car" though. I love the way it looks/responds inside and out so far. They also seem to be pretty reliable until you get to the 800+ mark. Building our blocks cost some serious coin!!!

In the past, I've used an obd Bluetooth device called Dashboss to monitor my vitals (iats, boost, alcohol %, IDC, knock, etc.). It also will explain CELs you may have and allow you to clear them. It's no HP Tuners but really helps give me peace of mind when racing the car. Do u recommend any specific device like this I can use for our Cobras?
73bca2c09ed4841f6d4c65f7f7efc0a8.jpg

Also, flex fuel sensors do not exist for our cars yet do they?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for all the congratulations guys. Houston has been under water since I took delivery so I haven't been given a fair chance to really drive the car. I'll get back to you on that initial response once the the roads start drying up though.

Thanks dude. Yes there seems to be multiple efficient ways to get me there. Those valve guide issues run you about $1500 or so. After that, the 2008+ z06's are pretty damn reliable at that 550 range. I didn't buy this car to own the "fastest bang for buck car" though. I love the way it looks/responds inside and out so far. They also seem to be pretty reliable until you get to the 800+ mark. Building our blocks cost some serious coin!!!

In the past, I've used an obd Bluetooth device called Dashboss to monitor my vitals (iats, boost, alcohol %, IDC, knock, etc.). It also will explain CELs you may have and allow you to clear them. It's no HP Tuners but really helps give me peace of mind when racing the car. Do u recommend any specific device like this I can use for our cobras

Also, flex fuel sensors do not exist for our cars yet do they?

Yeah I hear yeah, I have driven Z06s and they just don't do much for me, I love the GT500s, they are such a blast to own and drive. And yes the 5.8s are stupid expensive to build, I'm currently in the middle of saving up for my build.

And no flex fuel sensors for our cars at this time. AED does make a flex fuel tune for the 13/14s since are factory wide bands read ethanol content in the exhaust.

And the Lund nGauge is your best bang for the buck with our cars. I love mine and Lund is the man for tuning GT500s

Users who are viewing this thread