LS3 are making crazy power..2013 1LE Camaro 491/440 Cam/bolt ons/Stock heads

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Saw this on the forums last night…it’s a 2013 1LE Camaro (lighter weight (only a little), bigger sway bars, 3.91 gears, better axles, better gearing in the 6060, Supercar F1 tires, etc). LS3 6speed car.

Modications are as follows:
- Tick Polluter Cam
- CAI kit
- 1 ¾ stepped to 1 7/8 Long tubes
- Stock X/ Pipe but cats removed
- Stock muffler but they are NPP and fuse was pulled (similar to Z06 mufflers)
- 100% Stock LS3 intake, Stock LS3 heads (minus springs, locks and retainers). Stock LS3 throttle body. Stock Pulleys. Stock belt (A/C wasn’t bypassed for example).
- Pump Gas and 12.0-12.3 AFR, 25-26* Timing
**** Tick even mentioned, just so no one thinks it’s a crazy nice dyno that’s been fluffed, that this cam is a monster powerhouse and no matter where they have tuned or installed this cam from numerous different dynos and shops..it has never made less than 484/430. Obviously numbers only go so far but wow either way.

Car made 491/448. That is insane to think that kinda power is done with only a cam only car (you know what I mean…lets not start that crap). It amazes me to think how amazed I was in 2002 when my LS1 car made 321rwhp with a lid and muffler lol. Now that is boring and 13s are for V6 mustangs/Camaros lol.

Not a GM fan boy…best bang or the buck is a 5.0. We all know that. We also all know how amazing it is that a more than a few 5.0 Bolt on cars have made 430ish rwhp on stock internals..i get that..but this is more to point out how amazing technology is. This car with different mufflers, Fast intake setup with TB, etc is a 510rwhp car more than likely on stock heads.

[youtube_browser]4_wzc7tFgLw&feature[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
47778-wrestler-dis-gon-b-gud-gif-Img-O4EB.gif

Last edited:

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I work for Tick and our LS Cams even blow my mind sometimes.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
That polluter cam has produced in every car it's been installed in. Martin is definitely on top of his cam game. I want to buy a 1LE so bad but I hate the interior enough to not do it.

Last edited:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
That polluter cam has produced in every car it's been installed in. Martin is definitely on top of his cam game. I want to buy a 1LE so bad and install the ZL1 front bumper but I hate the interior enough to not do it.

1LE has my heart...I had a 1LE from the true days of them lol. No power options. No A/C lol. Hardtop only. 6speed LT1 car. Prob only made 220-230rwhp stock by only weighed 3230 with Zero weight reduction. Yank spare tire and some odds and ends and its a 3150 car all day.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Don't mean to ruin your parade but…… Where have you been? its nothing new…… Great numbers though

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I know its nothing insanely new as I have been in the LS game for a long time..just amazing to see a 1LE potentially make 510-520rwhp with stock heads and full bolt ons.
Well some guy made simliar power with an LS3 SS two years ago? Same cam, similar mods, etc. That's what I mean't. Either way, it is pretty crazy how they came a long way.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Well some guy made simliar power with an LS3 SS two years ago? Same cam, similar mods, etc. That's what I mean't. Either way, it is pretty crazy how they came a long way.

Yeah i knew what you meant..just posting to show others. I know there was a memeber that had this cam in a 3rd gen on e85 that made 508rwhp. Still crazy thats on stock LS3 heads.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I know its nothing insanely new as I have been in the LS game for a long time..just amazing to see a 1LE potentially make 510-520rwhp with stock heads and full bolt ons.

Agreed, I think the numbers are very impressive and the LS3 is an awesome platform. These numbers will only continue to grow in the future.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Not a GM fan boy…
Lol

You said:
Crazy numbers on the z06. That's a 250-260rwhp gain on stock manifolds, cam, heads on 91 octane.

and I said fixed:
Crazy numbers on the 5.0. That's a 350-360rwhp gain on stock manifolds, cam, heads on e85.

Thread reference: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-gas-C6Z06&p=14125459&viewfull=1#post14125459

Between you and mrlrd, I'm not sure who the bigger fan boy is.

Last edited:

Prototype007

Established Member
I'd like to see what a lot of these newer EFI engines would be capable of with a solid roller cam and system that can support fuel and spark maps to about 8500 rpm!

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Lol

You said:

and I said fixed:

Thread reference: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-gas-C6Z06&p=14125459&viewfull=1#post14125459

Between you and mrlrd, I'm not sure who the bigger fan boy is.

You took the time to go a reference a thread and that was the proof I am a fan boy? I simply referenced the Z06 before the 5.0 and in your head I couldnt be anything but a GM loyalist? come on man...you obviously edited your post and thats the best you had....... Ive owned 3-4 Ford Products are currently still own one that my wife and I love. If you had something like "Ford has made nothing that can touch a GM" you would have some internet clout...you simply posted me saying a Z06 made nice power. Not even anything bagging on the Ford. In one recent thread I spoke about the remarkable improvements in the new Ram/Cummins and that I would prob go that direction with a new truck....Dodge must be my new nut to swing from huh.

Last edited:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
LOL that's like starting off with..."I'm not a racist, but..."

Touche lol...but....we all know how SVT can be and I have been on here a while so it was more say I wasnt posting to ruffle feathers but more show a solid producing setup. Without even questioning it....if I am buying a new pony car...its gonna be a 5.0 and I have said that dozens of times.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
You took the time to go a reference a thread and that was the proof I am a fan boy? I simply referenced the Z06 before the 5.0 and in your head I couldnt be anything but a GM loyalist? come on man....... Ive owned 3-4 Ford Products are currently still own one that my wife and I love.
Negative, there are countless posts but that is the best one that stood out in my mind. If chabra and I noticed, pretty sure people who post enough know you are the same level as mrlrd in GM nut huggery.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Negative, there are countless posts but that is the best one that stood out in my mind. If chabra and I noticed, pretty sure people who post enough know you are the same level as mrlrd in GM nut huggery.

Clearly I like the LS series engines...ive owned almost 20 cars with that engine series in it. However, you cant be serious that is the the BEST one you can remember.....a video showing a solid producing 5.0 vs a solid producing Z06 running...and I comment on the Z06 making good power...nothiing bad about the 5.0 in the slightest bit..and without fail...with overwhelming proof..I must be a loyalist? You cant be serious.

If you actually had proof..you would have posted something about me bagging on a Ford.

I dont know for sure (assuming like you did) but i think chabra was making his comment with a generalization to how those comments normally go. Not with hardened evidence like you have with my thread after thread and comment after comment bashing anyhting Ford (which would include my current car and other Fords ive owned).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread