LS3 C5Z vs. '13-'14 Whipple Coyote

SSMOKE-U

Super Petrosexual
Established Member
To start off, I am not here to start a riot or to gloat, but this was by far my best race to date with this car. It was so tight it was ridiculous.

My car:
LS3, Full exhaust, Ram air intake, BTR Stage IV N/A cam, supporting BTR valvetrain, MGW Shifter, built trans and diff with 3.73 gears.

Coyote (from what I could gather according to his Instagram) Longtubes, manual car, Whipple 2.9, 570whp

So I was cruising down the road and saw a pack of Mustangs (4 or so, it was during Mustang Week). The one in the rear must have spotted me because he started to fall way back to let me get up beside him. we did the usual 1-2-3 honk and then got goin. He immediately got about a half car jump on me, but I would pulled him back in by the top of 2nd and then the switch to third came almost immediately same time as him and the same thing happened. As we approached the top of 4th gear, however, I started to creep in front of him a bit. at that point we had to let out. I've got to say he nailed every shift like a boss (I could hear it, he was loud!) and his car sounded amazing with the longtubes. Was a great rush and the tightest side by side race I've ever experienced.

Last edited:

bokyo1987

Established Member
Good run, weight advantage definitely making up for the power deficit. Any pics of the C5Z? Always loved the Zs/FRCs.

SSMOKE-U

Super Petrosexual
Established Member

Attachments

• E1B52CD3-80D3-449D-888F-0E055B952992.jpeg
    E1B52CD3-80D3-449D-888F-0E055B952992.jpeg
    251.5 KB · Views: 381

Users who are viewing this thread