Lucas Arts shut down by Disney

slidai

Established Member
Title says it all.

I was really looking forward to Star Wars 1313. Maybe another developer will pick it up.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Ahh I didn't know they had games in progress. That sucks too. There hasn't been a good star wars game since Battlefront 2

slidai

Established Member
Ahh I didn't know they had games in progress. That sucks too. There hasn't been a good star wars game since Battlefront 2

Check out the video for 1313. It looked amazing. I really hope someone else takes up development.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

This.

Wish too they would've done a next gen X wing vs Tie Fighter too.

Oh well. Kinda disappointed in this news but haven't been into a star wars game since SWBF2 like you said.

canibus

Established Member
Disney has their shit locked. No one would pick it up with the rediculous fees Disney would charge. It's a strange move considering the massive upside to anything Star Wars.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
this is a new phase of star wars. new and better things to come.

all the star wars games were stupid, except for battlefront I

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Disappointing news….. First Assault looked like Battlefront 3 and 1313 looked promising. There goes my hope of Knights of the Old Republic 3 :(

Bioware developed KOTOR. Lucas Arts was just the publisher. They are still going to license games out, just not publish them. Have you tried the old republic mmo? Pretty good IMO if you need a KOTOR fix.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Bioware developed KOTOR. Lucas Arts was just the publisher. They are still going to license games out, just not publish them. Have you tried the old republic mmo? Pretty good IMO if you need a KOTOR fix.
That's why I re-edit my post. :beer: The Old Republic is good but nothing like the KOTOR games. Still want the damn story to be finish right.

slidai

Established Member
Title of thread is misleading. They shut down the gaming division of Lucus Arts. And I'm glad. All the games have been money grabs. I've read the 1313 game will be sent to a new developer to complete.

Title so misleading, I was about to get really angry but now Im slightly relieved but also mad

It's not misleading. You're just ignorant to the difference between Lucasfilms and LucasArts. Arts has always been the game division since 1981 I believe.

slidai

Established Member

That's why I re-edit my post. :beer: The Old Republic is good but nothing like the KOTOR games. Still want the damn story to be finish right.

The game had great voice acting but once you play it through on each side once, its incredibly boring. Which is why it tanked. It's free to play now and is certainly worth playing each side once.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
LucasArts was long dead anyways. Their golden age was the 80s and 90s with the MASSIVE adventure games and X-Wing/Tie Fighter sims. It was all downhill when the adventure games died and they just started spewing half cooked SW cash ins.

Users who are viewing this thread