Lucas octane booster......... Does it work?

Does Lcas Octane booster work?

• yes

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • no

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
I just want some opinions on this stuff. I know some of you are going to bring the Torco argument into this but that stuff isnt readily available to me and this is at autozone and Oreilys, and yes I know you can order it online. I may end up buying a 5 gallon can of Torco eventually but do you guys know if the Lucas works well or not?

We have 92 here in Washington, do any of you know what a 15 oz. bottle will add to that? I think I heard its about 3 points, so that would be 95 octane, sound about right?

sisky wolf

Established Member
The octane booster you buy at the auto stores add about 1/4 octane..they are worthless...Go on the internent for Torco

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
There's a big thread on it at Modularfords that has been around since 2008. A lot of people have used it and seem to like it. I'm probably going to give it a try myself.

Lucas Octane Booster

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
If I didnt have access to Torco, I would use Toluene as the next option. Do a search on Toluene as octane booster, it works and you can get it at home depot. Or try to find Race fuel close by and see what they have available.

Last edited:

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
I've tried torco and Lucas within the past two weeks.... torco worked Lucas didn't.

I'm in the process of becoming a dealer for torco.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
But that Lucas will have effectively raise the octane just not as much. Would probably make 10 gallons of 92. 94-95

Sent from my DROID RAZR

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
I've tried torco and Lucas within the past two weeks.... torco worked Lucas didn't.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

How were you able to determine this? Do you have a knock sensor installed?

sisky wolf

Established Member

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Interesting..I was asked to become a dealer about 4 years ago..By the head of security for the orig. owner...he was in the process of taking over the Co.

I declined...

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
Lucas makes good stuff but I don't think its potent enough. And no sensor just a leaner air fuel .

Sent from my DROID RAZR

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
I will say I don't think Lucas is a bad idea for the guy looking for a little extra piece of mind but I certainly wouldn't add timing or boost with it...

Sent from my DROID RAZR

svtshadow

Banned

Sent from my DROID RAZR

It works but dont try to compare it to torco. two different substances.
I use it on my car up to 22degrees timing. Thats right, 3 more degrees than where 93oct. would start pinging.

Cobra03SC

Established Member
I usually run the lucas fuel system cleaner once a month or so through the tank and ive never had problems with anything fuel related. Pulled my injectors and everything looks brand new even on my 120k mile car. The octane booster on the other hand i dont buy into that. After doing research about that stuff i wouldn't waist my money on it. Like they said, torco or nothing.

2rbo97svt

Established Member
I will say I don't think Lucas is a bad idea for the guy looking for a little extra piece of mind but I certainly wouldn't add timing or boost with it...

Sent from my DROID RAZR

So if you're running boost don't use it ? Is that what you're saying ?

beaterbike

Established Member
there is a big difference between what is called an octane booster and a race fuel additive like torco . I have tried all the "octane boosters" I have locally and none of them worked either in my mustang or 10.5 to 1 harley motor . torco stopped the spark knock in both.lucas , 104+ , and 104+ with nitro .

Anabolic

Banned
So if you're running boost don't use it ? Is that what you're saying ?

you misunderstood. he basically ment not to use the additive as like substitute for liiiike E85 for example. dont think you can support raised timing just by using lucas..

2rbo97svt

Established Member
you misunderstood. he basically ment not to use the additive as like substitute for liiiike E85 for example. dont think you can support raised timing just by using lucas..

Alright , yeah just misunderstood.thanks

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Most of those octane boosters in stores were tested years ago and gave zero to .5 increase. Torco or equivalent, has been proven to work. If it's a cheap price, def not going to work.

BMR Tech

These are the "Boosters" that work. There are more, but these are the ones you can easily get.

Torco
Lucas
Hy-Per Fuel (MAX OCTANE)
NOS
Turbo 108

Basically, any of the Boosters that contain MMT, work pretty well. I use a mixture of Lucas in my Cobra. I add (1) bottle of Lucas, and 8oz of Turbo 108 to a full tank of 93 Octane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread