Lucid Air 9.9 @ 144

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Curious how the upcoming Tesla Model S Plaid will run compared to it. Certainly well above my budget, but it is nice to see EV's becoming more mainstream. I'll just play V8 music through the speakers to compensate...

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Awesome. Glad more companies are building performance electric cars
I think performance will be a natural byproduct of these cars. And it helps people make the switch.
I've been cross shopping used Hellcats with a Model 3P for the past 3 months, lol.

Doesn't hurt that all the weight in the floor makes for a much better handling platform in most cases either.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Model 3 apparently dominated the SCCA solo B class last year to the point that it got bumped up 2 classes and now competes with the likes of coil over equipped Z06s, etc. The car that took 2nd place behind the M3P was a GT350R for reference.

Seems Tesla has made big strides in regards to repeatable performance, see latest test from one of the big rags on the Model S.
Lucid is claiming this to have repeatable performance and it seems it must have a massive battery.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Also he talks about how it limits power delivery dependant on the steering angle.

the potentially interesting thing about this is trying to modify these cars. With all the OTA stuff can't be hard for Tesla to tell you've tinkered, will "tuning" or other modifications potentially lead you to being denied use of a Tesla super charger station?

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
the potentially interesting thing about this is trying to modify these cars. With all the OTA stuff can't be hard for Tesla to tell you've tinkered, will "tuning" or other modifications potentially lead you to being denied use of a Tesla super charger station?
Its already happening, and Tesla has released an update that will disable access to things like superchargers if you have these mods, and it leaves a nag screen up on the display that you cant clear. But the 'new parts' still work.
Tesla hacker unlocks Performance upgrade and acceleration boost at a discount - Electrek

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Its already happening, and Tesla has released an update that will disable access to things like superchargers if you have these mods, and it leaves a nag screen up on the display that you cant clear. But the 'new parts' still work.
Tesla hacker unlocks Performance upgrade and acceleration boost at a discount - Electrek

interesting, especially when many are doing a similar thing (although features, not performance, via forscan). I was going to buy a 4x4 F150 and instead of buying the FX4 package for $700 (or whatever it is) just buy the button for $15 and turn the hill descent control feature on with forscan

Last edited:

slow poke

Established Member
Where is the ****ing coupe with all these EVs!!!! These cars look like absolutely pedestrian shit. The main reasoning I pick a certain car is because it looks mean as shit and is so loud people get angry and give me dirty looks.

Rolling around in a giant middle finger is the best feeling. These cars lack all of that

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

It’s pretty damn fast.

I can’t imagine feeling like I’m in a soulless vehicle trapping 144 in under 10 seconds, but I’m sure there’s plenty of hate out here

Cool demo, but caveat emptor. Their video says "production sedan" but when I go to their site, I can't buy one. There isn't even an ETA for production availability; they have however pushed their production availability date back more than two years already.

I'd wait for the production version, and customer tests, before drawing too many conclusions.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
interesting, especially when many are doing a similar thing (although features, not performance, via forscan). I was going to buy a 4x4 F150 and instead of buying the FX4 package for $700 (or whatever it is) just buy the button for $15 and turn the feature on with forscan

Which feature?

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I don't care if it's making the right sounds or not; performance is performance and that's a ridiculous level of performance. I'd like to say 10-20 years in advance R.I.P. I.C.E...... technology continues to move on just like father time and life. We're going to have to bow down to our electric overlords eventually.... why not just accept the inevitable?

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
Cool demo, but caveat emptor. Their video says "production sedan" but when I go to their site, I can't buy one. There isn't even an ETA for production availability; they have however pushed their production availability date back more than two years already.

I'd wait for the production version, and customer tests, before drawing too many conclusions.

So we should all watch on 9/9 and form our own conclusions...I'm a little impressed but am told made in AZ., spring production etc....that tells me fall production and yada, yada,yada.

Greg

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
my bad, hill descent control

Yeah I see that now. Got me Googling, couple cool features I'd like to add. Going to have to get a Forscan. The shift lock and no beep would be a nice feature when I run in for coffee on a cold day. Miss that feature from my last truck with a Viper remote start. Same with the blinker.

andymarkv

Established Member
Yes...EV performance is outstanding, the issue I have is they are designed to limit driver engagement.

On the other hand...while I love the sound and feeling of shifting my new PP1 5.0...I am absolutely sick that my Poindexter boss can smoke me in his regular Model 3 dual motor (not even the "performance")

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Production availability of more than 2 years most definitely should send us a signal of "wait and see". That was a great marketing video, but let's wait for real world, proven performance. And the production pricing.

I do like the overall design; much nicer than the Tesla S IMO. The interior makes the Tesla look like a clean, empty hospital room. Clean and boring. The Lucid interior is pure, optimal luxury.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes...EV performance is outstanding, the issue I have is they are designed to limit driver engagement.

On the other hand...while I love the sound and feeling of shifting my new PP1 5.0...I am absolutely sick that my Poindexter boss can smoke me in his regular Model 3 dual motor (not even the "performance")

ya, my buddy has a model 3 with the $2k performance update and it's a fast little ****er from a dig.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor

Apparently they are taking refundable deposits now and have released pricing info. Still not a production vehicle, agreed.

To go one further, they claim to have a tri motor prototype that has run 9.3
Lucid Has A More Powerful Tri-Motor Air Prototype That Runs 9.3-Second Quarter Miles

Users who are viewing this thread