Lund Racing 2011 Mustang Twin Turbo Alpha Car

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Luckily the market wasn't ruined completely by hellion with thier single kit huh? Maybe if people weren't so interested in how many, and how fast they could sell kits it wouldn't have been a problem to begin with. But I suppose it was the dealers fault though. Who was the biggest single kit proponent out there for those again?

Agreed, I prefer a lower volume kit with perfection, performance, and proper fitment.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I wouldn't say that. My Hellion twin kit is very well built and I would easily recommend it to anyone. That and the customer service has been nothing short of great!

I even had John call me out of the blue to check how things were going on the install on a "Used" kit! Then he offered to send me anything I needed that I was missing at no charge! Can't say I have EVER had that kind of customer service from anyone!

I didn't even get a call back from PBTH and I even went with Jake and the crew to KOTS in 09!

2011redcandy

Established Member
They have been too busy over at Lund Racing and PBH fixing all the blown up BBR cars with crap tunes LOL

I just had the car on another trip from MD to FL and drives wonderful. No quality issues whatsoever.

As stated above the delay was due to foundry issues as they wanted to keep the metal work "made in America".

Last edited:

jewc75

Established Member
Luckily the market wasn't ruined completely by hellion with thier single kit huh? Maybe if people weren't so interested in how many, and how fast they could sell kits it wouldn't have been a problem to begin with. But I suppose it was the dealers fault though. Who was the biggest single kit proponent out there for those again?

Dustin thats a :nono: , :poke: . Oops :wf:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Any issues with the tranny yet? Great thread!

If I recall correctly, the stock transmission had to be rebuilt due to the power level of this car. It's now using upgraded internal parts. This isn't anything negative about the 6R80 transmission because the car is a monster. I would have never expected it to last as long as it did. For my expectations, the stock 6R80 will be perfect.

Last edited:

2011redcandy

Established Member
Sorry, I was thinking about Lund's car, not yours. Oops....my bad. Crazy brain hasn't had enough coffee yet.

How are you liking the auto compared to the manual? I ordered mine with the auto.

Havnt picked it up yet man. Waiting on the converter to come in. It should be a hell of a good time. Im ready to sit back and hold the hell on :beer:

dabster

Established Member
Is everyone hating the manuals that much? I mean i get the faster times with the auto, but there's just something about slamming gears in a manual haha. Idk. It's going to be a blast with the auto though.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Is everyone hating the manuals that much? I mean i get the faster times with the auto, but there's just something about slamming gears in a manual haha. Idk. It's going to be a blast with the auto though.

If someone is building serious power in this car, the MT-82 isn't an option. Sure, you could swap for the Tremec Magnum, but the stock auto in this car is a beast. IMO, it's a far better buy in this car, despite preferring a manual myself.

2011redcandy

Established Member
If someone is building serious power in this car, the MT-82 isn't an option. Sure, you could swap for the Tremec Magnum, but the stock auto in this car is a beast. IMO, it's a far better buy in this car, despite preferring a manual myself.

Exactly. I found a local guy who wanted to go manual and we just swapped drivetrains and PCMs. If you want 8-900rwhp with the auto, change out the clutch packs ($500) and you will be good to go for awhile.

A magnum swap is 7k with Mcleod clutch, Alum DS, and install.....no thanks lol

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Agreed, the upcharge you pay for the auto when buying the car new is a far better investment. Someone recently laughed at me for choosing the auto when I custom ordered my car. I told them, if this were 2010 or earlier....I would be laughing with you. However, this is the new breed of automatic transmissions. They are nearly as efficient as the manual with about the same mpg rating, yet far greater power handling.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
IDK, I guess I'm old school. I don't want an auto. I don't really care what ET the car goes. If it feels good that's all I care about.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
the fact that the 13+ come with the select shift is a nice advantage with the auto as well, you can maintain your gear with spirited driving on the back roads, that makes it much nice

plus the great e.t.'s!

Users who are viewing this thread