M-9R504-SCJ intake tube still in demand?

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
E82F7C38-40C7-4DE0-943B-ADD0F13AECA4.png
View attachment 1639127 I might be parting my car out soon and I have the 2010 Super Cobra Jet Intake tube Ford part# M-9R504-SCJ that was impossible to find and from what I’m seeing still is. I believe it was made by Watson Racing for Ford and from my understanding they didn’t make many extra’s. I also understand JDM had a batch made, that might actually be what I have. It allows 07-09, maybe other years I’m not sure, to use the SCJ 140mm maf meter.. I tried using this meter with numerous different intake tubes with no success. The SCJ intake tube has the correct angle to allow the hood to close properly. I know this tube was in high demand 4-6 years ago but is it still? If anyone has more information on these I’d appreciate the education. Thanks

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
How did the BPS twin 73 TB work for you?
Nice mod list, people love that CJ 140 meter and pipe, will be an easy sell.
-J

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
View attachment 1639128 View attachment 1639127 I might be parting my car out soon and I have the 2010 Super Cobra Jet Intake tube Ford part# M-9R504-SCJ that was impossible to find and from what I’m seeing still is. I believe it was made by Watson Racing for Ford and from my understanding they didn’t make many extra’s. I also understand JDM had a batch made, that might actually be what I have. It allows 07-09, maybe other years I’m not sure, to use the SCJ 140mm maf meter.. I tried using this meter with numerous different intake tubes with no success. The SCJ intake tube has the correct angle to allow the hood to close properly. I know this tube was in high demand 4-6 years ago but is it still? If anyone has more information on these I’d appreciate the education. Thanks
I wanted to run the 140mm Maf when my 14 was modded, discussed with & got JDM to to contact Watson Racing to get a batch made. ( early 2014 ) The tube I have is sheet metal, yours may be from an earlier batch.
A costly mod, but as you noted, the only way to run the 140mm Maf. Never understood why Ford will offer, to this day, the 140mm MAF, which is useless without the zip tube. I modified my stock air box to allow the MAF to pass through it, didn't care for the aftermarket air boxes.......feeds a FRPP mono-blade.
140mm-zip-tube-install-005.jpg

140mm-zip-tube-install-004.jpg

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
Thanks for that info, mine is metal too. Were the original tubes plastic? On summit racing it says it’s plastic. I prefer the metal, this thing is solid. My friend modified my ford racing basket from my old set up.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
There are a few old discussions on these that might have more information. There was a version for the TVS and one for the Whipple. The TVS model had that bend in it, which was made by Watson. If Ford Performance had one for the Whipple model like your website photo, I presume they were plastic, but I don't know that for a fact. They are likely made from the same tube they use with their MAF system. The JDM version is metal. If I'm not mistaken, the outside diameter of Ford's 123 mm and the 140 mm were the same. The i.d. is what is different.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
So from what I’m seeing the part number I listed is for a straight plastic tube like the summit racing picture above. The other part number I had from the 2010 Cobra Jet M-9B659-CJ looks like it’s just a resonator delete and not and actual full intake tube to the TB. So what I have really has no association with the Cobra Jet correct? So basically what I have is a metal tube made by Watson Racing to allow a TVS supercharged 07-09 to use the CJ 140mm maf meter. Does that sound about right? I know it’s still pretty rare because I never see them for sale and if it’s actually not a part of the CJ it should be even harder to find would that be a reasonable deduction? How many of these were made. If any of this seems wrong please chime in cause I’m really trying to educate myself on exactly what I have. I feel kind of silly, I always thought I had a part that was used on the Cobra Jet.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
It’s looks like JDM did one with a bend for Jimmy Larocca and I own that pipe. I can’t imagine they made many. I should probably just ask Jimmy as he’d probably know for sure or JDM but I don’t like to bother Jimmy too much lol.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
What is the thread title of what you posted in post # 11, I would like to review it. The time frame ( Jan. 6 2014 ) is when plans were being made to mod my 14. I had sent JDM a check in Dec. 2013, so that parts could be on hand to do an early April install.....( powder coating the blower added to it's lead time )

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
It was a post from JDM gathering interest in a group buy to make the straight piece from Watson Racing. I found by searching google for Watson Racing intake tube. I’ll try to find it again and post a link.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
Got some more information straight from Jimmy Larocca so I thought I’d share and update this thread. The piece I have with the bend is from the 2010 TVS option cobra jet made by Watson Racing. The 4.0 whipple piece was straight as everyone knows. This tube was originally used with the cj123 maf meter but it fits the 140. So it’s rare but not impossible to find. I have never really seen one for sale.

Last edited:

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
Looks like in 2010 only 9 of the 50 cobra jets were built with the tvs or the 435hp variant. Not sure what other years used the same set up. Can’t be many of these tubes floating around out there. Still wish I had a part number but the part number listed is just the resonator delete piece that I still see around. Anyone with any more info please lmk.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread