M122 upgrade on a 2001 lightning

Karuthless

Well I ended up buying a m122 off a 2010 gt500 with stock throttle body for a steal. I'm looking for info on what all is needed to do this swap from what I've read a adaptor plate is needed? What else? Is it straight forward?

My truck has basic bolt ons. 6# lower, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, jlp forced air induction kit and 42lb injectors. Truck made 356whp and 476rwtq.

Will I need to upgrade anything?

I'm new to forums btw. Thanks for your helps guys.

mizlplix

Established Member
Last edited:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
All I had to do was push back the firewall a littlewith a bottle jack. Pretty straight forward. If you know how to port, I would do that first. Mine made 451rwhp but I ported it, kept its stock upper and 4lb lower. 14* timing and Other basics mods like jlt and exhaust. Torque source was jacked up but I'm sure it made over 500rwtq.
When I added the TVS from a 13 GT500, kept its stock upper, 2lb lower, bumped the timing down to 11* and made 489rwhp.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
All I had to do was push back the firewall a littlewith a bottle jack. Pretty straight forward. If you know how to port, I would do that first. Mine made 451rwhp but I ported it, kept its stock upper and 4lb lower. 14* timing and Other basics mods like jlt and exhaust. Torque source was jacked up but I'm sure it made over 500rwtq.
When I added the TVS from a 13 GT500, kept its stock upper, 2lb lower, bumped the timing down to 11* and made 489rwhp.

But horsepower is calculated from torque..

PhillbSVT

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering what heads cams etc... doing the swap right now on my L. stock block for now. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread