MACA 2011 Calendar of Events

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I have a contact at Waldorf Ford who may be able to assist us with parking for the GTG if that's not too out of the way for people? They built a brand new overflow lot next to the main dealer lot that I was told may be available for some weekend events. I can ask about it if anyone thinks that might work. They might even see it as an opportunity to incorporate some sort of official Ford or dealer involvement as well, which I can't see as being a bad thing.

Boss Test Drives!!:banana:

NickF1011

Established Member
Boss Test Drives!!:banana:

Haha I'd be down! :rockon:

I shot an e-mail off to my contact at Waldorf Ford a short time ago to inquire about getting their lot. The last time I spoke with her she said it should be available on most Sundays, so we'll see what kind of response I get back.

NickF1011

Established Member
Here's the response I received from Waldorf Ford:

We definitely would be up for hosting the Cobra GTG. We could do either Saturday or Sunday the 25th/26th, just let me know for sure. With the new lot its easier for us to do things on Saturdays now. (Might even be better Saturday in case someone wanted to take a new Mustang for a spin we could do it Saturday, but can't do it on Sunday - but either way works)

We would even supply the hot dogs/hamburgers, water and the grill equipment. We should have plenty of room down there and its easy access as it has its own driveway.

Sounds pretty ideal to me, folks! Perhaps a bit less convenient for some as it's a little further off the beltway, but it's not too far from our old location really.

What do you all think? Don't want to keep her waiting too long for a response.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Sounds pretty ideal to me, folks! Perhaps a bit less convenient for some as it's a little further off the beltway, but it's not too far from our old location really.

What do you all think? Don't want to keep her waiting too long for a response.

Holy crap! Are you kidding me?? I would also say "ideal", and I'm pretty sure that much of our active membership will be fine with the Waldorf location. MACA definitely has a strong presence in Southern MD.

So yeah...book it!!

NickF1011

Established Member
Holy crap! Are you kidding me?? I would also say "ideal", and I'm pretty sure that much of our active membership will be fine with the Waldorf location. MACA definitely has a strong presence in Southern MD.

So yeah...book it!!

We just need to pick a day then. Does Saturday or Sunday tend to work better for people? I'm a Monday-Friday work guy, so I have no preference.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I'd be down for either Saturday or Sunday, but your contact stated that test drives are only given on Saturday's....

:burnout:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Heck ya! Book it for Saturday Dano! You guys just need to make sure that we can get 50+ MACA Cobras there.......this could make it an every year event then.

NickF1011

Established Member
I'm going to go ahead with Saturday so anyone who wants to take a test drive can go for it. Plus we'll have any dealership customers there who may be interested in swinging through to take a look at our stuff.

Glad I could contribute to the group!

TRBO VNM

NickF, great idea. I should have thought about that. We used to have metro area mustang meets there yearly.

NickF1011

Established Member
Anyone from southern MD that could put together a cruise route for after the Waldorf Ford event? That's a good hour-plus away from our old cruise destination in Mt. Airy, so I'm not sure if that would be a good place to go after this one.

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread