Mach 1 Dyno Day

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
I dynoed my Mach for the first time today at PowerTrain Dynamics in Huntington Beach...just over 5K miles on the odometer...

Conditions were decent...9 am, low 80s... Dave/Poisionous Mods, Juan/Sonic Venum, and George/Jonas showed up for moral support...well, Juan was there to get walked off the line as we left, but that's a different thread :rollseyes

P Moddy shot video...he should be posting that later :-D Anyone interested in the Magnapack exhaust setup can check it out then :eek:

The tuner, Steve, gave my car plenty of attention... and 8 pulls and much tweaking of my Autologic chip later we had done the best we could with my mods (see sig) and the crap 91 octane California gas...295 RWHP...314 RWTQ... :beer:

Steve maintains that 11% is accurate for drivetrain loss on my car...I have seen others use 15-18%...

So at the flywheel...
11%=327 HP
15%=339 HP
18%=348 HP

Of course I like 348 :rolling: ...but I'm with Steve...He did agree that the gear swap to 4.10s is probably worth 5 HP...so I am probably just over 300 RWHP....

Damn I wish we has good gas :cryying:

It was a great day that ended up over at XMP for more mods on the cars, good company, several 03 Cobras, and a ride in Juan's pullied and chipped 03 Snake :uh oh:

Damn I love my car :D :p :lol: :thumbsup:

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Hey Robert...thanks....I didn't even look at SAE #s...I was interested in as pure a number as to what I was putting to the ground as I could get...and at sea level in fairly normal conditions they wouldn't have changed much...

What were your actual HP numbers? That is impressive for stock:beer:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Cam, Ur car sounds very nice ;-)

Mach1Driver the numbers on the Dynojet Print Out is SAE Actual Numbers :beer: :beer:

U should check his Local Thread with the sound clip in it :D

Mach1driver

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods

Mach1Driver the numbers on the Dynojet Print Out is SAE Actual Numbers

Actually that is incorrect. On a Dynojet Actual numbers are (STD) uncorrected.

Anyway thanks L.B. those are some real nice numbers you put down. One thing I thought I would mention because I was a bit confused in your wording but. 4.10's will actually show a slight loss in power on the dyno vs the stock gears and not a gain.

Again congrats on the great runs, looks like your combination is going together nicely.

P.S. Forgot you asked what my Actual numbers were.. 285.4Rwhp/311Rwtq

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Originally posted by Mach1driver

Anyway thanks L.B. those are some real nice numbers you put down. One thing I thought I would mention because I was a bit confused in your wording but. 4.10's will actually show a slight loss in power on the dyno vs the stock gears and not a gain.

Again congrats on the great runs, looks like your combination is going together nicely.

P.S. Forgot you asked what my Actual numbers were.. 285.4Rwhp/311Rwtq

Regarding the gears...I am aware that a numerical increase in gear ratio shows a loss on the dyno...that was why I said I was probably at 300...the 4.10s were prob worth 5 HP loss...thus putting me at 295...

So you are saying you pulled 285 completely stock? You must be happy with that...262-270 seems to be the norm...I have seen plenty of guys who have had to mod their way to 285...

Mach1driver

Established Member
Originally posted by L.B.
Regarding the gears...I am aware that a numerical increase in gear ratio shows a loss on the dyno...that was why I said I was probably at 300...the 4.10s were prob worth 5 HP loss...thus putting me at 295...

So you are saying you pulled 285 completely stock? You must be happy with that...262-270 seems to be the norm...I have seen plenty of guys who have had to mod their way to 285...

Ok, wasn't sure when I had read your statment if you were saying a gain or a loss so I thought I would mention it. :)

Yes, 285 was the actual number the car put down BUT I don't use it, I prefer the SAE number as it is easier to make comparisons with others that way. I am very happy with the car over all and plan to start doing some mods this month. I have just been taking my time trying to put together a combo that does what I want with the least amount of parts. :-D

Anyway back to the dyno results, depending on the conditions when you did your pulls you may have actually had higher SAE numbers then your actual numbers. Did you receive a print out with the temperature, humidity and barometric pressure recorded during your run? Or happen to remember off hand the temp and humidity?

I also wanted to ask you how you like those springs? What kinda drop did you get? How's the ride? And have you taken it to the track since the dyno? :thumbsup:

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
No print out...it was mid 80's and a couple miles from the beach...

I love the springs :beer: I got a 2" drop front and back...ride is firm but not uncomfortable...with the other suspension mods it handles very nicely...this car is a f*cking blast to drive...

No I have not been to the track...but stoplight to stoplight...:rollseyes :eek:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
This is the view of his Exhaust :eek:

Cam id thought i show this pic & save the other one for my thread :D :beer: :beer:

Randy didnt get the idea till after this pic :D

351c.i.d

Flame me will ya?
Established Member
Well after hearing the videos, I went to ebay and found the x w/cats ($405) and magnapack ($340) for a total of 750 to my door.
Thanks guys for videos and Ill try to post some pics and vids as soon as I get mine in.

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Originally posted by 351c.i.d
Well after hearing the videos, I went to ebay and found the x w/cats ($405) and magnapack ($340) for a total of 750 to my door.
Thanks guys for videos and Ill try to post some pics and vids as soon as I get mine in.
Bro you are going to love that setup! Definitely post pics and vids!:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Bro you are going to love that setup! Definitely post pics and vids!:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Pay Back to Cam.
Nah, ur exhaust sounds like a little kitten compared to my freaking tiger sounding exhaust :burn:

Hey saturday confirmed bro? XMP??????

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Pay Back to Cam.
Nah, ur exhaust sounds like a little kitten compared to my freaking tiger sounding exhaust :burn:

Hey saturday confirmed bro? XMP??????

Not confirmed yet :bash: ...and I got your kitten swingin', bro :nonono:

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Want me to rough him up a little for ya Cam?

I'm gonna be there for sure. You just say the word.

PS. His exhaust IS sweet as hell dude. Meow.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Not confirmed yet :bash: ...and I got your kitten swingin', bro :nonono:

:eek:

Damn same thing for me :bash: Im dying to hear the words that i can go in on Saturday :gt: meeeaaaaooww.

Thats Nikki's deal not mine :nono:

Juan i knew u 1st o.k.... So id like u to ruff up Cam ;-) . Plus that would be an interesting fight :beer:

Short Muscle Neck VS Overgrown Kid.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by 351c.i.d
Hey guys I forgot to ask, has any of you required the MIL eliminators for this setup?

Nah...only if u got Cat Less. Mil's work pretty good. The only ones having issues is the Bassani X-pipes with Cats. Still throws codes :shrug:

So when u planning on installing it ;-)

351c.i.d

Flame me will ya?
Established Member
As soon as I get it delivered man. I have access to the hobby shop on base and can rent a lift for a couple bucks an hour. Me and my buddy are gonna swap it out. I can't wait. By the way Dave I heard your clip of the exhaust.....holy shit.....that thing sounds like a monster. Sounds awesome. I love the part when you take that left in between the buildings and how the exhaust sounds between the walls.....damn..

Users who are viewing this thread