mach 1 hype!

M-Phibian

Established Member
It didn't take any time or effort at all, sweetheart. If you don't want people to know where you live, you might want to consider not posting things like this on a public forum:

"My buddy's stock 01 Cobra...ran a 13.0 at 107mph...in the hot ass humid Louisiana summer temps the other night...."

Like I said previously, you don't come across as the sharpest tool in the shed.

Also, if you're a bit sensitive and don't want people to give you a hard time in a car forum, try thinking about what you're saying before you say it, as well as doing a little research. You made yourself a target for some flames as soon as you posted comments such as these in this particular thread:

"the 01 Cobra came stock with 320 hp- what do the Mach's come with???? I know it's not 320, something like 310 or so? The Mach looks pu$$yfied compared to the Cobra"

Or....

"Jealous? I would buy a Mach if that was the case. I just don't like those weenerfied wheels. Change the wheels and they'd be ok. And as far as underrated #s go- well then the Cobra's must be underrated too then."

Or....(in reference to a poster saying he beat a stock '01 Cobra in his stock Mach..which truthfully isn't difficult to do)

"guy/gal obviously couldn't drive that Snake......."

Don't think that just because you're a girl (a fact that is made questionable by the way you talk/post), you have an automatic pass to make incorrect statements as if they were fact.
Like the old saying goes; if you can't stand the heat...stay the hell out of the kitchen.:beer:

Originally posted by CobraChick1
ok- so M-Phibian should be banned too for being so hateful to me. i don't know what your prob is, but you've got some REAL issues you need to deal with. YOU must be the one interested in getting into my pants if you took the time to find out that I live in Louisiana, M-Phibian. GROW UP!

Last edited:

CobraChick1

Established Member
ok dude- whatever. I'm through arguing with you. Now you have to find someone else to pick on. Like I said- you went through trouble to find out where I was from and quoting all that stuff. I don't like fussing with anyone so I'm gonna move on. Wish we could end this on ok terms, but some people thrive on negativity. Didn't mean to get your panties in a wad over your car.

Johnny V

Established Member
Originally posted by 3000ways
Seriously I could care less if I get banned, I'll just enjoy my time stating my opinion, because since I drive a Sentra I don't know shit about cars, um yeah. I actually drove a Mach 1, it was nice, drove an EVO, wow a 4 door car that acts more like a sports car than a Mach 1 will ever.

If you actually knew ANYTHING about cars then you'd realize the Mach was not designed to be a "true" sports car. It was designed by Ford to be retro and bring back the spirit of the old Mach's from the late 60's/early 70's. Hence the seats, guages, wheels, shaker hood, live rear axle, etc.

If Ford wanted it to be a "true" sports car, why didn't they use the IRS from the Cobra or the huge brakes from the Cobra R and some 18" wheels? Because it wasn't made to road race, it was meant to be a fun-to-drive pony car - And to go fast in a straight line.

Listen troll, why don't you just go home? Why do you even come to this site? Are you jealous that we have cars that run under 16 sec ET's?

I'm sure owning a Sentra must make you want to end yourself at least three-four times per day, but seriously - take a hike trollboy.

noone.jpg

Angus

Established Member
I've owned both, dynoed both, modded both & raced both - HARD.
(Well, maybe not as hard as Bob or some other Mach owners here... ;) )

The Mach 1 is lighter, has more power/tq (especially TQ!) due to higher CR/better heads/better exhaust manifolds, has a better rear gear, is easier to drive (I DO NOT miss IRS when racing!), and is easier to race.
As a result, most will be faster than any pre-'03 Cobra ('00 R excluded) - poor driving non-withstanding.

Dyno of my stock '03 Mach vs my stock '01 Cobra (both with about 700 miles on them):

01%204v%20vs%2003%204v.jpg

My Mach has gone 13.01 @ 106.5 with "moderate" mods.
(Gears/shifter/exhaust/drag radials/Cold-Air kit)

My '01 Cobra went 13.02 @ 105 with "Tons-O-mods".
(Gears/Headers/exhaust/drag radials/U/D pullies/Cold Air kit/Coil-overs front & rear/Light-weight tubular K-member/sf connectors/etc)
Both cars weighed the same at the time of their best runs - ~ 3450 lbs.

I do miss the Cobra's drop-top and the better ride of the IRS over bad roads, but that's it.

The Mach 1 is simply an evolution of the N/A Cobras, and therefore SHOULD be better.

IMHO, it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Your right about the vettes. I know of only two Cobras in three surounding towns were I live. However, if I travel to the inter state I'll spot 5 vettes in 30 minutes.

It's funny, I have wanted to run a 03/04 Cobra, seeing that I'm supercharged as well, but every time I see one they are always heading in the opposite direction. In reality they are one of the few cars that scare me to run because you just don't know what lies under the hood, is it 390hp or 590hp? hmmmm.

tms217

Established Member
Originally posted by M-Phibian
Well okay, there are a few exceptions to the rule. Especially considering the number of different dynos, different temps, humidity, etc..

Just like your car dynoed over 270, there are a few Machs that have dynoed over 285. I guess it would be more correct to say that the typical Mach will dyno 15 rwhp higher than the typical pre-2003 Cobra on the same dyno. Not a slam on the Cobra at all. This is only to reiterate what's already been said as to how Machs are running low 13's stock.

You cant make any assumption that all Machs will dyno more than all pre 03 Cobras. That just retarded. Mine stock put down 276 and trapped 105 100% stock. Though I never ran better than 13.5 in the 1/4 The machs do have an advantage with torque and gearing. But to say they will always win... I think not. With the pros and cons of both cars. It WILL be a drivers race.....

Fosters

Established Member
hey M-Phibian- why don't you carry your ass down to where I am so I can run circles around you with my "girly" pick up truck? I have a Dakota that would put a spankin on you that you'll never forget big boy! NEVER make comments to a female about not knowing anything about something just because they're not male. I never said I was an expert on Mustangs, but I sure as hell know my truck and built it MYSELF. Check this link out peckerwad and "do a little more researching" before YOU look stupid! www.dakotatrucks.com/mem_vids/Dakota_Movie.MPG

is that an oil spot when you back up? park there often? :)

yes there are bad drivers out there, i'm one of em. First time ever at the track w/ a 5 spd i ran a 14.0 - had bets going on that run, people said i'll run a 15 missing a gear - made 50 bucks. second run I ran a 13.7@103. this is in arizona heat, and high altitude. the third run i missed 3rd and still ran a 13.9. then i got kicked off for no helmet :cuss: This was after not driving a 5 spd for 5 years, and only having the car for 2 weeks; 600 miles on the clock.

let a friend (who's been driving 5 spds longer than me), his first/only pass was a 13.2 @ 104.1. he said he wasn't used to it due to the lower shift points than regular cobras.

as far as hp/tq numbers, my mach dynoed the lowest numbers i've seen yet, 273.5/298.5. Find me a stock 99/01 cobra that dynoed 298.5 lbs of torque at the wheels... 2 things in my defense, had a carpet problem that the dealer refuses to fix - ended up putting a 1/2 inch spacer on the throttle cable so now i can actually feel the bottom; and 2 is the 91 octane crappy ass gas we get in az.

last but not least, to answer one of the 'guesses' on here, the differences in the engines (99/01 cobras vs mach1s) are:

different pistons (cobras are 9.7 cr, mach1s are 10.1)
different crank (at least autos, i'm not sure on the manuals)
different heads - we use the 03/04 cobra heads, square exhaust ports vs round (on cobras)
cams - navigator intake cam and custom exhaust cam
intake - "unique" supposedly intake - prolly just an updated version of the 01 intake to match the 03/04 heads.

the only similarities are basically: block, oil pan, rods, and valve covers on 04s... (maybe crank too on manuals, not sure on that one)

no matter if i drive a mach1, cobra, ford gt, or pinto, Bob Cosby is still my idol :beer:

SVT 10th Girl

Established Member
ok, calm down everybody! Remember we all love our cars & that's why we're here! My husband has an Azure Blue '03 Mach & I have my Silver 10th anniversary 'vert; we went 1/8th mile dragging for the first time last Friday night. As virgins we both did pretty bad, except he was cutting better lights than me. Everyone said I was going to kick his butt, but really, he kicked mine all night long. I may be a girl but I'm usually a darn good driver. That night I was missing shifts (although he said he was too. we really need to get good shifters but that's another thread.) I was really sucking as a driver, the car was wheel hopping like crazy no matter what I did. I finally got tired of losing. He was doing these great smoky burnouts and hooking up perfectly, but I was catching him a few carlengths down the track. If it was a 1/4 mile I probably would have beat him but can't say for sure. After some time out we went at it again & I beat him by a fuzz. I would probably kick his butt on road course, but not by much. The Mach really is a nice car & it's set up to do just that - drag race. It is definitely NOT overrated. It was a great deal for the price & is alot easier to drive than my Cobra. We are fortunate enough to be able to drive our cars to work every day & if I've had a hard day, my car wears me out just driving home. They're both fun cars & we are proud to have them both in our garage. His car is definitely a looker & I almost didn't buy the Cobra because of the fact that it's not flashy enough, however I have discovered that's a good thing when you're getting off the gas so you don't fly by the cop.

Mach I's are cool, they are our Cobra's brothers. Please don't diss them.

As for the El Camino - if it's so great, why didn't Chevy make 'em for 40 years???

Mach1Marauder

Banned
Thank you- I second that. That's the times I've seen down here at 12 ft above sea level (you can't get no better than that) Mid 13s is the fastest Mach I've seen BONE stock.

"Driver mod" was missing from those cars!:rollseyes :rollseyes

If you're in the need of a spanking, Louise and I can come over and take care of your needs.

GodStang

Established Member
Hey the El Camino is back it is called an SSR. I have not read this whole thing because it seems like nothing but a big argument. I think Mach 1s are badass. The have great heads and cams, and they are lighter than the 99-01 Cobra. They have the nice Stright Axle with 3.55 gears that help them get into the high 12s. I have seen an Automatic 03 MAch 1 run 13.6. Prety decent for its first time out. Alot of guys with 99-01 Cobras switch to the straight axle and they get close to the 12's with just that mod. So I know it is possible and believeable for the manual Mach 1s to run that. PLus I have seen many stock dynos that show 285-295 RWHP and 305-315 RWTQ on a Mach 1. Just my 2 cents.

LedVenom281

Zoso
Established Member
Originally posted by Rochard
First post on this board so feel free to rip into me.

The difference between the Mach and Cobra is....... I enjoy my Mach as much as you enjoy your Cobra, but Cobras are a dime a dozen and cost a bit more.

A dime a dozen??????? are you kidding? I never see Cobras. It is very rare that I see them on the roads. I see more MACH 1s than Cobra. The V6 'Stangs are a dime a dozen along with GTs.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Re: ALL FRIGGIN HYPE!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Mach1Marauder
You're right! MACH1 's SUCK!!

HYPED MACH1
right click----save as

1st run off the trailer last friday night at Ennis.............spinning badly!:cryying:
Ended up busting off a [email protected] with a still very slick track.
LOL yep they suck and so did my 12.54 @ 108.28 too.;-) I don't know why these cars are so slow:shrug: Can someone tell me???

97LT1Ws6

Elty Juan
Established Member
totally off topic but i have yet to read someone say their best 1/4 track time without using excuses. maybe its just me but does everyone make their best run with... shitty traction, bald tires, high humdity, clutch problems, etc etc..
just stop the excuses its killin me and yes a mach 1 can run a low 13 with a seasoned driver and no a 01 cobra cannot so at least the battle of which is fastest has come to a close after 5 pages lol.

Whizzle

Established Member
Depends where you live. I see 4-5 Machs a day here, but only one or two cobras. Saying cobras are a dime a dozen is wrong. Vette guys say that shit too. Guess how many vettes I see a day? I stop counting after 10.

doesnt your location say iraq...how many vettes do you see over there

Users who are viewing this thread