mach 1 rear end vs 99-04 gt rear end

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
hello guys need some mach 1 knowledge .....in the middle of converting my irs out of my 2003 cobra with a solid rear axle but dont know what the difference is between mach 1 rear and a gt rear other than brakes....does anything else change ie.....abs sensors (LENGTH) dont want to have issues with my abs sensors or wheel fitment....any help would be needed thanks...ALLEADY TRIED MY WHEELS ON MY FRIENDS MACH 1 AND THE FIT PERFECT...BUT MACH 1 REARS ARE ALOT HARDER TO COME BY......SO GT REARS ARE EVERYWHERE...

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Like said above, 3.55 gears in the mach and cobra brakes compared to the 3.27 gears and a smaller dise brake setup. Some like the gt brakes, makes it easier to run a 15'' wheel. Same axles, 28 spline.

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
so i can just purchase the adapters to run my cobra brakes off my irs and be good to go.....and other than the 3.27 gears its the same as a mach 1

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
I swapped to GT brakes on my Mach, i used my stock calipers. I only replaced the rotor, and the moan plate. The moan plate is the part that the caliper brackets bolt on to. The caliper/caliper brakes are the same from gt/mach. The pad thickness is different.
http://i41.tinypic.com/w84abd.jpg

Last edited:

clc44

Established Member
I swapped to GT brakes on my Mach, i used my stock calipers. I only replaced the rotor, and the moan plate. The moan plate is the part that the caliper brackets bolt on to. The caliper/caliper brakes are the same from gt/mach. The pad thickness is different.

Do you have any links to those parts? So I can use gt pads on my caliper's? I've considered this IF I go with 15's in the rear.

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
I think Gt pads are thicker, don't quote me tho. Take a picture of that to a Ford Dealership, they could give you a cost of it. I could get you the part numbers, if you wanna wait till tomorrow.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member

also wouldn't the dust shields be different? i am assuming so because of the smaller rotor?

i have been trying to get as much info as i can for an eventual sra swap into my vert.

Like said above, 3.55 gears in the mach and cobra brakes compared to the 3.27 gears and a smaller dise brake setup. Some like the gt brakes, makes it easier to run a 15'' wheel. Same axles, 28 spline.

your mach looks sick man! are you running the stock springs? great stance in your pic with those 15's :rockon:

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
also wouldn't the dust shields be different? i am assuming so because of the smaller rotor?

i have been trying to get as much info as i can for an eventual sra swap into my vert.

your mach looks sick man! are you running the stock springs? great stance in your pic with those 15's :rockon:

Yea i would think but they arent really needed imo. I dont have front ones.

Thanks man:beer:, Yea its all stock susp. Just a 28 M/T out back is why its alittle higher in the back.

Users who are viewing this thread