• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

mach 1 stripes

Discussion in 'Mach 1' started by wcdknows, Oct 14, 2019.

1. wcdknows

wcdknows Member Established Member

Where is a good place to buy the rocker stripes or would you suggest not putting them back after repaint?

2. DSG2003Mach1

DSG2003Mach1 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

I would consider painting them. Then you don't have to worry about taking care of them, them peeling, getting wax along the edge etc...

If you really want to do vinyl again I think they were discussing vendors in the Mach 1 FB groups recently.

3. my04mach

my04mach Member Established Member

Graphic Express and LMR both sell Ford genuine hood and rocker decals for the Mach 1’s. Graphic Express sells different variations and colors as well, so that’s worth a look if you’re wanting to change it up.

Graphic-Express

4. VLONE

VLONE Member Established Member

I need to order a new hood decal and was referred to graphic express too. Decal must have been lifting a bit already because the pressure washer just started taking it off in one corner with the softest pressure nozzle. Good luck with replacing though, I'm hoping I'm able to line up the new decal so it looks perfect.

5. 311-420

311-420 Unknown Member Established Member

Pressure washing 16+ year old paint and vinyl? No bueno, mi amigo. No bueno. Not ever. Not with any nozzle.

6. VLONE

VLONE Member Established Member

Hahaha yeah fair enough, I've just been used to pressure washing all of the cars I've owned and had zero issues up until a week ago with this. Even on the Mach 1 I've washed it the same way since I owned it (two years). Once I get the new graphics on there I'll definitely avoid the pressure washer on the vinyl ;)

311-420 likes this.
  7. my04mach

my04mach Member Established Member

Yeah, you gotta be careful lol. I put a larger diameter nozzle on mine to cut the pressure down, but I still keep my distance.

311-420 likes this.
  8. 311-420

311-420 Unknown Member Established Member

I was mostly meaning watch out for paint chips. The paint on these cars is now old enough that it has dried out and become brittle. It doesn't take much. Would hate there to be a new thread started about what can happyen to older paint with a pressure washer!

Edit-- catching the edge of preexisting chips and peeling them back. that's what i mean.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019