Mach 1 VS asshole driving an 02 camaro SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiceBuster

Established Member
So I was heading over to check out some stores to see if I could find the movie The Notebook to watch it with my girlfriend as I had heard lots of good things about it. So I'm coming down a street and 2 lights before turning into the freeway i see a conv. corvette z06 and an 02 camaro SS stop side by side. I had noticed the SS wanted some since he pulled ahead rather quickly form the vette before getting to the light and was hoping they would both go at it from a dig at the stop light. Knowing the vette would beat the SS I pulled behind the vette and waited for the light. So it turns green and the SS takes off rather fast but the vette didn't bite. So I just stay behind the vette and we both catch up to the SS at the next light. So now I pull behind the SS and we both turn onto the freeway feeder and as soon as we get to the ramp i see smoke shooting out of his exhaust and I knew it was on!. So I slam on it too, I was on 2nd gear, and I'm pulling him in nicely as I was trying to get to the left most lane. So as I finally settled into my lane and hit 4th gear and was about to pass him the damn asshole cuts me off! My front bumper was at his door when he decided to merge into my lane and I had to hit my brakes. It was a nice run 'til then though...

Last edited:

2001stripper

Established Member
First of all. the Z06 never came as a convertible. Was it a C6 or C5? And what does "knowing the vette would beat the SS" supposed to mean. If it was a C5 convert, then the SS might have taken it. If your are sure that the SS was an 02 model, then it could have certainly taken the convert vette if the vette in question was a 97-00 model.

Second of all, if the SS was an 02 model, there is know way in hell you were pulling him "nicely" on the highway. Not trying to call you a liar but the guy probably wasn't on it. From a dig the Mach can beat an LS1 but from a roll the Mach is going to almost always lose.

That is f@#$%d up what he did though. There is no excuse for that.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
2001stripper said:
And what does "knowing the vette would beat the SS" supposed to mean. If it was a C5 convert, then the SS might have taken it. If your are sure that the SS was an 02 model, then it could have certainly taken the convert vette if the vette in question was a 97-00 model.

Second of all, if the SS was an 02 model, there is know way in hell you were pulling him "nicely" on the highway. Not trying to call you a liar but the guy probably wasn't on it. From a dig the Mach can beat an LS1 but from a roll the Mach is going to almost always lose.

I think RiceBuster was implying that the SS was slow. If so then he is 100% correct! :thumbsup:

Vette > Super Slow

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Why would you want a 2001 Camaro LS1 with no power locks, windows, or seats, no rear defrost, no CD player, and no T-tops (how does the mullet get air without T-tops? :shrug: ). Gawd, all that and still a mid 12 second ride. :poke: I like being able to play a CD, have the rear defrost on, hitting the unlock buttons, rolling both windows up and down (automatically rolling the driver's down), and adjusting my seat the whole way down the track and still bust out a 12.0. :banana: Chevy guys, when will they learn? :nonono:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
2001stripper said:
First of all. the Z06 never came as a convertible. Was it a C6 or C5? And what does "knowing the vette would beat the SS" supposed to mean. If it was a C5 convert, then the SS might have taken it. If your are sure that the SS was an 02 model, then it could have certainly taken the convert vette if the vette in question was a 97-00 model.

I agree. The vette (especially a vert) is a good match for a mach and SS (if C5). IN fact, I bet the SS and mach would beat a stock C5 vert.

But, Stripper, if the SS was stock, I can see him pulling on the SS top end. He has nice mods. Not to mention the SS could have been a stock A4 or crappy driver that has no idea which gear to be in.

experiment626

ALL MOTOR CARS RULE
Established Member
theres nothing else

Because theres nothing else gm makes that is affordable under 35k that wiil keep up with a mustang.And by the way mullets like white walls to.

2001stripper

Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
Why would you want a 2001 Camaro LS1 with no power locks, windows, or seats, no rear defrost, no CD player, and no T-tops (how does the mullet get air without T-tops? :shrug: ). Gawd, all that and still a mid 12 second ride.

Because stock for stock, it will obliterate the Mustang GT, kill a Mach 1, and hang even with the Terminator. And it only cost me $20,000 brand new. :rockon:

experiment626

ALL MOTOR CARS RULE
Established Member
Now I see

Thats why youll beat a GT,CORBRA,AND A MACH1 only motor and car must weight about 1000 pounds less then any of the abve mention cars.What was I thinking to asumme that your camaro was sloooowwwwww with less weight its faster. :loser:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
2001stripper said:
Because stock for stock, it will obliterate the Mustang GT, kill a Mach 1, and hang even with the Terminator. And it only cost me $20,000 brand new. :rockon:

Lets just hope you don't like girls because they wouldn't want to ride in your car over any of the ones you just mentioned. ;-) If we all wanted the fastest thing we would all be driving modded LX 5.0s. Style sometimes is nice you know. :burn:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
2001stripper said:
but you still have to suffer the indignity of driving around in a doorstop :nonono:

see a resemblence?
camaro1.jpg

camaro2.jpg

Last edited:

RiceBuster

Established Member
.it was probably a C5..I don't know my vettes well = ) I do know it was an 02 SS cause of the exhaust:

splash.jpg

And yes he got on it because like I said, smoke blew out of his eshaust and it sounded pretty loud once he did. And this is not the first 02 ss I've beaten. This is the second one. I've defeated a quite a few Z28s, 2 WS6 and 1 formula and lost none to them. There was this one loud as hell z28 I did beat 3 times from a a 70mph roll though..that was one mean sounding mother ****er.....

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
2001stripper said:

**** are you talking about? A bolt-on MAhc will pull an ls1 very nicely ,just how he put it. Stock for stock it's a very good race, usually driver takes it. Im sure the Camaro dipshit "Wasn't on it" whiel he was racing :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Camaro got beat end of story, btw beating an ls1 is pretty much cake.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
2001stripper said:

Wrong. MAch 1 = good race, Terminator= You're looking at Taillights.

BtwnSVTcobra

Banned
that ss was driven by a *** apparently....how fast are mach ones stock... i dont know that much about them cuz i'm always focused on cobras

Machinator

Banned
2001stripper said:
First of all. the Z06 never came as a convertible. Was it a C6 or C5? .

Wrong you are on several accounts here, there were a few limited edition convertible C5 Z-06's. And in my Mach mod for mod I would always pull on an ls1.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Stock for stock a mach 1 and SS/WS6 are a drivers race. A terminator will eat up any LS1 besides a z06.

JDsfastGN

Established Member
Machinator said:
Wrong you are on several accounts here, there were a few limited edition convertible C5 Z-06's. And in my Mach mod for mod I would always pull on an ls1.

I'd love to see some proof here.... ive never heard of a conv Z06, they were all FRC cars. And a mach can run with a Z or SS from a stop but i would put my money on a SS from a roll. Unless its an auto and then the mach may creep by as in the story.
Good run man and its too bad he pulled over on you. Don't want to make excuses for him as there are tons of A holes out there but being where you were, thats a pretty bad blind spot for him, maybe he didn't see ya there anymore as i can't imagine he would want to risk hurting his own car just to keep you from passing :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread