mach 1 vs ls2 gto

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
so i went out to eat and i need gas so i head over to the chevron where i spot a silver ls2 gto. i pull up on the opposite side and we compliment each others cars. i ask him his mods and he said a magnaflow c/b. i looked at the car and realized it was a m6:banana:. he asked what i had and i told him a upr o/r x pipe,mac c/b and a drop in k&n filter. i asked which direction he would be heading towards and we were heading in the same direction. i asked if he wanted to have some friendly runs. he agreed and we went from a 50 mph roll in 2nd twice and i beat him by a car and half both times:burnout:.

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
You and your Mach beating up those poor Goats [ Read Pig ]. Good kill bro, I'm glad I didn't buy one like I was going to.

No offense to Goat owners, I know they can be made fast....

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
Don't underestimate them.

Good kill

+1 Remember that time when we were out in Pleasanton and I was in your car when we raced that black 6.0 GTO with 2 people in his car? That shit was neck and neck with you and he had 2 passengers. I wonder what his mods were. He said just exhaust, but I'll pull the BS flag on that.

04A4GTO

Established Member
If I remember correctly my A4 comes in at 3720lbs
I think a new mustang GT comes in at 3540lbs

that's only a 180lbs more, and it doesn't take but a few minutes to remove around 100lbs from these cars. I'm guessing mine prolly comes in around 3600lbs.

The weight difference really isn't that much IMO

BayareaSS

Established Member
+1 Remember that time when we were out in Pleasanton and I was in your car when we raced that black 6.0 GTO with 2 people in his car? That shit was neck and neck with you and he had 2 passengers. I wonder what his mods were. He said just exhaust, but I'll pull the BS flag on that.

That was one of the best runs i have ever been in. He tried to say he didn't have mods and then he said just exhaust. He was full of shit but his car was fast. I barely beat him! If he was by his self he would of won.

I think he was full bolt ons. Looked like he needed one more bolt on that night tho LOL

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
If I remember correctly my A4 comes in at 3720lbs
I think a new mustang GT comes in at 3540lbs

that's only a 180lbs more, and it doesn't take but a few minutes to remove around 100lbs from these cars. I'm guessing mine prolly comes in around 3600lbs.

The weight difference really isn't that much IMO

Mine is 3615 with the 4 point cage. Weight can come off easy and I still have all the interior, A/C, ect.

Deuuuce

Established Member
Good kill but I think you out drove him.

I agree. OPs rwhp seems to be on the low side just for beating LS1s, let alone an LS2 GTO. I would have guess the GTO for sure, or the Mach just behind it.

OP: Ever run any SRT-8s from a roll for comparison? It's a good barometer.

Nice kill regardless.

BM1

Established Member
I agree. OPs rwhp seems to be on the low side just for beating LS1s, let alone an LS2 GTO. I would have guess the GTO for sure, or the Mach just behind it.

Nice kill regardless.

Don't race dyno numbers. Mine trapped 110 MPH full weight with 313 RWHP when it was naturally aspirated.

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member

Nice kill regardless.

Yes, he has and he won. His car is QUICK!

Users who are viewing this thread