mach 1 vs ls2 gto

Deuuuce

Established Member
67bird on the Mach 1 Registry went 12.9 @ 106 MPH with a 1.9 60'; drag radials were the only thing changed from stock on the car. However, a 1.9 60' can been done on stock tires, so it's questionable whether or not the drag radials made any difference. The quickest 60' I'm aware of on stock tires is 1.8. Most are 2.0-2.1 with a few hitting 1.8-1.9.

On that particular day he'd be looking at a 12.7-12.8 pass on a 1.8 60'.

Thanks for pointing that out. 106 traps look pretty rare for a stocker and I would guess a lot more LS1s hit 12s stock than Mach 1s which takes me to my statement below.

Like Ranger's (and Jamie's) Z-06 runs on DRs, I would guess they even help when powershifting? i.e. reducing spin?

There's part of your problem. You dont' think a mach and LS fbod are close. STOP THINKING *** RACING.

You know deuuuce, I used to respect alot of your posts, but the more I read, the more I see a neon light of 'ricer/i-net racer' flashing. You only talk TS and Roll racing. :shrug:
:beer: We don't agree often....but I agree with this post.

I totally agree it's close, or close enough. But the same driver in the LS1 will be a little quicker and UP TO 3mph faster than when driving the Mach 1. A lot of stock LS1s have hit 107-109mph, can't say that about Mach 1s.

oh man...we have to get together SOON! i eat SRT-8s from a roll ALLLLLLL DAMMNNN DAYYY LONGGGG

ahhhh! I know. LAST day for Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point is next week. Can you go?!?

You and I - we've got some GTO's to pick on.... :)

Last edited:

BM1

Established Member
Thanks for pointing that out. 106 traps look pretty rare for a stocker and I would guess a lot more LS1s hit 12s stock than Mach 1s which takes me to my statement below.

Like Ranger's (and Jamie's) Z-06 runs on DRs, I would guess they even help when powershifting? i.e. reducing spin?

104-106 MPH is the average stock trap for a 5-speed Mach depending on conditions and driver. 107 MPH is rare and 108 MPH has been done once to my knowledge; good conditions and good drivers were critical in those scenarios.

The drag radials should help reduce spin when powershifting. I'm sure they play a larger factor in higher power cars as they will have a tendancy to spin more during a powershift than something with 195 less horsepower (Mach vs C6 Z06 from your example).

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
incompetence meaning the inability to perform....that would be incorrect...
It is not incorrect. incompetence meaning inability to perform is correct...as in the driver having the inability to perform to the cars potential.

Again, it is the cobra's to lose due to an incompetent driver.
I totally agree it's close, or close enough. But the same driver in the LS1 will be a little quicker and UP TO 3mph faster than when driving the Mach 1. A lot of stock LS1s have hit 107-109mph, can't say that about Mach 1s.
Again with the TS's.......you just aren't getting it are you?:poke: Why don't you talk about ET's as TS's are only a point of discussion when speaking about power to the ground or *** racing.

4VandHemiKiller

Established Member
Hey.....clueless, Rod owned BOTH MACH AND MAGNUM SRT8 at the same time for quite some time before selling off his mach. Your quick judgment is only showing ignorance.:nono:

Hey guy, me and Rod have been around this a few times on here. I know about his Mach, so sorry but you haven't provided a revelation.

He builds up the SRT8 to justify his purchase, the Mach doesn't come with automatic SMS.

4VandHemiKiller

Established Member
Show me a stock Mach that has hit 12s. Let's ASSume for a minute....that day the planets were aligned and physics were denied, along with 45 degrees at Atco with a tailwind in the Mach's lane - the stock SRT-8 in the other lane ran a routine 12sec @ 110mph+, the Mach a 12.999 @ 106mph. With a 1.80 60ft.

stock SRT8 and stock Mach = driver's race................Disagree
stock SRT8 and stock LS1 = driver's race..................SRT-8's to lose (LS1 > Mach 1)
stock SRT8 and stock 03 = 03 Cobra's race to lose......TRUE

Do you even understand what a driver's race is? If the Mach only hits 106 the SRT8 ain't hitting 110+ on the same day, get off the internet and go do a frikkin drag strip please.

Explain where that sick trap speed went...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_syOZ6HBFU"]YouTube - 04 Mach 1 vs 300C SRT8 & 02 Z28 vs 99 SS[/ame]

And just for old times sake...
LS3>>>>6.1 Hemi
:kaboom::rolling::rolling::rolling:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Hey guy, me and Rod have been around this a few times on here. I know about his Mach, so sorry but you haven't provided a revelation.

He builds up the SRT8 to justify his purchase, the Mach doesn't come with automatic SMS.

LOL @ your 'revelation' comment. THat was rediculously funny.

How is stating a 2+ton station wagon can run low-flat 13s factory stock building it up? THat's a fact, and darn impressive. He ran a 13.1 factory stock (or maybe with weld in's, not 100% sure).

I think you are putting too much emphasis on his srt8 posts, and not recalling many of his mach posts. Either that you or never saw him post on the registry. ANd WTF does SMS have anything to do with this?

The problem is there is WAY TOO MUCH biased mentality in this darned thread. ALL THREE CARS (LS, Mach, SRT8s) are a freaking drivers race, get over yourselves already. This has gone way beyond lame.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Do you even understand what a driver's race is? If the Mach only hits 106 the SRT8 ain't hitting 110+ on the same day, get off the internet and go do a frikkin drag strip please.

Now that I agree with. :beer: THe TS talk is getting VERY old VERY quick.

4VandHemiKiller

Established Member
LOL @ your 'revelation' comment. THat was rediculously funny.

How is stating a 2+ton station wagon can run low-flat 13s factory stock building it up? THat's a fact, and darn impressive. He ran a 13.1 factory stock (or maybe with weld in's, not 100% sure).

I think you are putting too much emphasis on his srt8 posts, and not recalling many of his mach posts. Either that you or never saw him post on the registry. ANd WTF does SMS have anything to do with this?

The problem is there is WAY TOO MUCH biased mentality in this darned thread. ALL THREE CARS (LS, Mach, SRT8s) are a freaking drivers race, get over yourselves already. This has gone way beyond lame.

I think all of the SRT8 mafia have the automotive equivalent of SMS. The phenomenon of having 425 horses transformed into geldings by the car's lard. Overly-defensive bunch...

Now on the driver's race. Notice it is me who says all three (Mach, SRT8, LS1) are driver's races. It is Deuuusche who tries to once again overcompensate by making the case that the SRT8 is a driver's race with the 03 Cobra.

Do a search, he's made the argument many times in the past. I'm kind of surprised he finally owned up to it in this thread. Maybe he's finally accepted that the LS3 is greater than the 6.1 Hemi as well. :shrug:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I think all of the SRT8 mafia have the automotive equivalent of SMS. The phenomenon of having 425 horses transformed into geldings by the car's lard. Overly-defensive bunch...

Now on the driver's race. Notice it is me who says all three (Mach, SRT8, LS1) are driver's races. It is Deuuusche who tries to once again overcompensate by making the case that the SRT8 is a driver's race with the 03 Cobra.

Do a search, he's made the argument many times in the past. I'm kind of surprised he finally owned up to it in this thread. Maybe he's finally accepted that the LS3 is greater than the 6.1 Hemi as well. :shrug:

NO biggie.....in post 66 you stated: "They are driver's races with stock Mach 1s, and even then they are at a disadvantage." I took that as the SRT8 having a disadvantage..when in fact, there really is no disadantage IMO..tehy are so darn close...all three.

We may be saying the same thing, just using different words. :beer:

Deuuuce

Established Member
Again with the TS's.......you just aren't getting it are you?:poke: Why don't you talk about ET's as TS's are only a point of discussion when speaking about power to the ground or *** racing.

Most encounters are on the street and if you want to include ETs, which are essentially 60ft dependent with these cars, then based on the launch, of course it's a driver's race. So is a LS1 vs. a Z-06 for that matter... :rollseyes

I've probably raced at more drag strips in my life than you. And unless you live near one, more passes as well.

An SRT-8s trap speed can vary 3-5mph depending upon 3 things: heat soak, ESP on/off and the 2-3 diagnostic shift after start-up. I've done it, so have many others.

If the Mach and LS1 are more consistent, kudos to them.

Forum members on LS1tech would say otherwise as far as a drivers race.

Regarding the Cobra - it must be well driven, that's all.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Most encounters are on the street and if you want to include ETs, which are essentially 60ft dependent with these cars, then based on the launch, of course it's a driver's race. So is a LS1 vs. a Z-06 for that matter... :rollseyes

Regarding the Cobra - it must be well driven, that's all.

YOu are so full of shit, it's pathetic. There are more to ET's than 60' times. You can have a great launch, but if you cant' shift for shit, you ain't getting a good ET. And your last line, don't be so stupid.

A cobra needs to be well driven to beat a stock SRT8? Now you're just being lame and trying to put your SRT8 on a higher pedastal than it deserves.:bash:

Deuuuce

Established Member
YOu are so full of shit, it's pathetic. There are more to ET's than 60' times. You can have a great launch, but if you cant' shift for shit, you ain't getting a good ET. And your last line, don't be so stupid.

A cobra needs to be well driven to beat a stock SRT8? Now you're just being lame and trying to put your SRT8 on a higher pedastal than it deserves.:bash:

Just ask the guy on here with the blue Mach and the SRT-8 Magnum. He'll tell you which is consistently faster.

BLK93GT

Established Member
There are 2 I've come across - one on video, LS1GTO forum members confirmed it. East coast tracks, ideal conditions. If numerous owners hit 109 & 110mph, 111mph isn't a stretch.

How so? What is the disadvantage - the 60ft? Or is the "disadvantage" leaving ESP fully on and manually shifting?

Stock for stock, the SRT-8 (which happens to have an automatic) will trap a MINIMUM 3mph higher on any given day. And that is assuming the Mach driver hits his powershifts perfectly.

The track I race at is pretty fast compared to others, low elevation and cool weather.

I've seen this guy run his car since it was stock...heads/cam/tune etc. trapping 116. Stock he was around 108 or so. -361 DA!!

My friends 04 Cobra, same track trapped 116-117 with cold air and catback ONLY, see previous posts. With the corrected DA this is a fast track. Also look at the times I posted for a LS2 GTO, tune-xpipe-mufflers and it ran 12.6-12.7 @ 115+.

STOCK for STOCK, equal drivers 03/04 Cobra > SRT8 Anything.....

There is a huge factor of the 03/04 being manual not auto so driver is a huge factor and the ONLY reason for one to get beaten stock for stock...

4VandHemiKiller

Established Member
BLK93GT said:
The track I race at is pretty fast compared to others, low elevation and cool weather.

I've seen this guy run his car since it was stock...heads/cam/tune etc. trapping 116. Stock he was around 108 or so. -361 DA!!

My friends 04 Cobra, same track trapped 116-117 with cold air and catback ONLY, see previous posts. With the corrected DA this is a fast track. Also look at the times I posted for a LS2 GTO, tune-xpipe-mufflers and it ran 12.6-12.7 @ 115+.

STOCK for STOCK, equal drivers 03/04 Cobra > SRT8 Anything.....

There is a huge factor of the 03/04 being manual not auto so driver is a huge factor and the ONLY reason for one to get beaten stock for stock...

Pwned

Users who are viewing this thread