• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Mach 1 vs M3

Discussion in 'Road Kill Drive-Thru' started by xsellr8, May 31, 2013.

1. Fenixfire

Fenixfire Slower than ever Established Member

vw/audis turbo cars typically have alot of issues. I took in an 08 audi tt on trade acouple months ago. Turbo was gone on the car......heh

2. xsellr8

xsellr8 BANNED Established Member

Hey now, I have a G35 too...

3. MACHXLR8

MACHXLR8 Third Member Established Member

Yea..can't figure this car out. It seems to hate me or something.
    Most recent problem is that the car keeps eating coil-packs. I am on my third set already in just over 1 year. After 4 months one seem to go bad randomly. I though I was just buying cheap coil packs so I went and got some Bosch coils. Just had to replace the one closest to the firewall about 3 weeks ago.
    Just do not know what to expect next with this car. :(

4. xsellr8

Yeah, if putting words in my mouth counts as my own words than I said that..along with a lot of other b.s :shrug:

5. BlueSnake01

BlueSnake01 Well-Known Member Established Member

Great cars! I love me some Nissan. Very reliable cars and still running strong. Mine has around 150k and still feels pretty fast, already took out an 09 V6 Accord. :rockon:
    Not saying that BMW are good reliable cars, I have yet gotten any problems on mine but its still too early to tell (Knock on wood!!!). Its surprising that even the lower rank VW cars get problems, I wouldve expect them to be more reliable I mean a ton more than a BMW and cheaper. Seems like they are not far from each other, for this reason I stood far away from Audi's. If VW's are pretty pricey to fix, I cant imagine how Audi's get.

6. kaz109

kaz109 Well-Known Member Established Member

But the S4 and RS5 interior !!!!!! Soooooo much better than any BMW, Benz and even the Almighty SVT cobra . Love Audi 's

7. Mach Boy

Mach Boy New Member Established Member

+1 What a bunch of nut swingers.

8. Fenixfire

Saw a new S4 the other day. That thing was badass! Also had a Tesla Model S come thru last week. That car is AMAZING!! If I had 90 grand to spend I would buy a Model S in a heartbeat!!

9. kaz109

I love the model S however I can't talk my wife into going green lol...if the S4 would have a little more "growl" to it under the hood I definitely would have that as a DD. I wasn't a fan of the SC V6 it has. That RS5 however has a masterpiece under the hood!

10. xsellr8

Dang straight! My G has taken down an 05 ACURA TL, Kia Optima Turbo, ran door to door with a Charger R/T, and given me -0- issues. I looked into a BMW 3 series when I bought it that had a broken window motor and it was insanely expensive plus a wait time just to get it fixed. I made the right choice. That 3.5 is pretty stout at 280HP :rockon:

11. kaz109

Should've bought the 3 series with a JB4 tune . Or even a 5 series

12. xsellr8

If I had money to burn I would have just got a C63 AMG

13. S8ER01Z

S8ER01Z New Member Established Member

FACT! :beer:

14. kaz109

Meh...overrated. BMW is where its at. 335> G35 and M3>mach 1 ....terminators are different. Those and E46 M3's are timeless...they are classic

15. xsellr8

Ah yes, just as delusional and misinformed as your first post...except for the Terminator part :beer:

16. kaz109

Mach 1 weight 3465lbs

M3 weight 3395lbs

So where is the weight advantage ? :shrug:

17. kaz109

The Mach 1 is a complete delight on the road, perhaps more amusing, even, than the pricier and more powerful (but also nose-heavier) SVT Cobra. Steering is direct enough, although it's a bit disconcerting that a car with so much oomph shimmies around on its wheels as much as this one does. No one will ever mistake it for a BMW M3.

Read more: 2003-2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Road Test & Review - Automobile Magazine

So you can feel the road better in your mach huh....

Dr. Evil "Riiiiight" - YouTube

18. FortLewisCobra

FortLewisCobra Member Established Member

What do you think is making it shimmy? The SRA is actually a broken pavement alert system.

19. Fenixfire

mach 1 weight: 3359 lbs is ACTUAL weight. (mags tend to just list a 2v IRON block gt as the weight of the mach)

M3 weight: Source I found online said 3416, but even at 3395 its still abit heavier, but all it takes is a fat ass in either car to make things even.

I know 3359 is legit because i weighed my car with me in it and 1/4 tank of gas or so. No spare tire and everything out of the trunk it came in at 3503. At that time I weighed 150 lbs.

Thats the IRS vs the SRA. Like I said, an M3 will certainly outhandle a mach any day, but in a straight line the mach just has it beat. Thats the only argument I ever had.