Mach 1 vs the LS1

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
dan03mach said:
I know your car puts down some good power and you think you can't be beat by any LS1 but man you are making us Mach owners look like crap from the way you talk on these boards... I have plenty of friends with LS1 Z28's with just bolt ons and a Cam that would rape your car with your 150 shot on the track.. I know because I go racing with them almost every weekend.. Just cool down on all the name calling we don't need this thread to be closed do to people acting like aholes.. I like reading all this stuff and hearing what people have to say.. If I wanted to build a car just for racing it would be an LS1 camaro.. You can build it cheaper and make more power with less mods and go faster... JMHO

I never once said I could not be beaten by an LS1. The way I talk on these boards? Its my right to act like an "asshole" if so chose to, when some uneducated "my LS1 is the allmighty" dude spouts out garbage in every thread he posts in, about the car I enjoy so much. If you cant handle that, then dont read my posts. I seriously doubt there are very few cam only LS1's that would "rape" my car also. I could care less how many LS1's you go racing with on a regular basis, and you know quite well, my car hasnt been run yet on the track. How you can make a claim like that, with no facts to back it up, is quite amusing.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
WhiteTxMach said:
I never once said I could not be beaten by an LS1. The way I talk on these boards? Its my right to act like an "asshole" if so chose to, when some uneducated "my LS1 is the allmighty" dude spouts out garbage in every thread he posts in, about the car I enjoy so much. If you cant handle that, then dont read my posts. I seriously doubt there are very few cam only LS1's that would "rape" my car also. I could care less how many LS1's you go racing with on a regular basis, and you know quite well, my car hasnt been run yet on the track. How you can make a claim like that, with no facts to back it up, is quite amusing.
Well if you want to be an ass be ass somewhere else them, because you are starting to make all of us Mach1 guys look like asses.. BTW why haven't you ran at the track, you have had that N20 installed for a few months now.. I would have taken it out the next day and tested it out, but thats me.. O BTW I looked at your dyno runs and your car put down those numbers on the dyno and that is correct, but they are not true numbers since it was a dyno spike and was caused by a slipping clutch and then it grabbed.. I can make a claim like that, that you will get beat at the track by these guys because I know its true.. There were running 6.71's in the 1/8 with bolt ons and cam only auto stalled, now he is putting a 200 shot of juice on it so I see some 5's pretty soon..

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
dan03mach said:
Well if you want to be an ass be ass somewhere else them, because you are starting to make all of us Mach1 guys look like asses.. BTW why haven't you ran at the track, you have had that N20 installed for a few months now.. I would have taken it out the next day and tested it out, but thats me.. O BTW I looked at your dyno runs and your car put down those numbers on the dyno and that is correct, but they are not true numbers since it was a dyno spike and was caused by a slipping clutch and then it grabbed.. I can make a claim like that, that you will get beat at the track by these guys because I know its true.. There were running 6.71's in the 1/8 with bolt ons and cam only auto stalled, now he is putting a 200 shot of juice on it so I see some 5's pretty soon..

I can be an ass, wherever I chose to. However, I honestly dont think I am being an ass here. This guy came on here, and started talking shit right off the bat. I only jumped on his ass for being uneducated. If anyone thinks all Mach 1 owners are asses, because I have acted like one (in your opinion), then they are only being ignorant. Also, the very last run, the dyno did spike, but there are 2 or 3 runs where there was no spike, and those ARE my true numbers. I am sure an auto/cammed/stalled/200 shot LS1 can beat me in the 1/8th. But thats not what you originally said. Again, if you have some problem with me "acting like an ass" then dont read my posts. Its that simple Dan.

2001stripper

Established Member
WhiteTxMach said:
I can be an ass, wherever I chose to. However, I honestly dont think I am being an ass here. This guy came on here, and started talking shit right off the bat. I only jumped on his ass for being uneducated. If anyone thinks all Mach 1 owners are asses, because I have acted like one (in your opinion), then they are only being ignorant. Also, the very last run, the dyno did spike, but there are 2 or 3 runs where there was no spike, and those ARE my true numbers. I am sure an auto/cammed/stalled/200 shot LS1 can beat me in the 1/8th. But thats not what you originally said. Again, if you have some problem with me "acting like an ass" then dont read my posts. Its that simple Dan.

You must be an ass when your own peeps are getting on you. Why is it Dan and I can get along and you and I can't. Like Dan said, because you act like an ass :D

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
2001stripper said:
You must be an ass when your own peeps are getting on you. Why is it Dan and I can get along and you and I can't. Like Dan said, because you act like an ass :D

My own peeps? 1 person does not constitute a plural. I will continue to "act like an ass" as long as you continue to carry your "My LS1 is allmighty" attitude. Do you honestly think my feelings are going to be hurt, because some LS1 owner from the internet thinks I am an ass?? :lol:

2001stripper

Established Member
WhiteTxMach said:
My own peeps? 1 person does not constitute a plural. I will continue to "act like an ass" as long as you continue to carry your "My LS1 is allmighty" attitude. Do you honestly think my feelings are going to be hurt, because some LS1 owner from the internet thinks I am an ass?? :lol:

For the record, the point of this thread and all the threads I have made or replied to over here is that stock for stock, a Mach is not going to beat a '01-'02 LS1. I made that post a while back and all these mach guys jumped on me. Of course, most of them were modded, no where near stock. These guys were like I'll race you. This is why I made those stipulations in the post. If a Terminator owner came over to LS1.com and made the post: "which is faster, stock vs. stock, 03-04 Cobras or 01-02 LS1s." I would reply that Cobras are faster. End of story. I would not say, well, if you put heads and cam on an LS1, it would beat the stock cobra because the question was stock vs. stock and yes that includes tires. Do you understand now?

MACHSELF

Established Member
dan03mach said:

Dude,
You belong on the LS1 Website.. You're a "In the closet Chevy lover" This site is SVT Performance! Second of all I disagree with your remark on the cam set up. I saw a dyno of a Mach with the FR500 cams that produces 42 peak HP but, it saw over 25 more RWHP through its band. Also stage III porting of the "stock" heads also has significant gains. The car will be approx. 420RWHP with heads and cam package only. I am going to do it and throw a Novi2000 on top of it. I also have already ordered a 5.0 stroker for the shortblock on a Cobra block. We'll see how well your "Chevy friends" like that... I'll be well over 600RWHP when completed. I also ordered a new Tremec T56 with upgrades. Heads and cam package alone in a Mach will see low 11's by itself... Wonder what my Mach will run with another 200+RWHP??

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
2001stripper said:
For the record, the point of this thread and all the threads I have made or replied to over here is that stock for stock, a Mach is not going to beat a '01-'02 LS1. I made that post a while back and all these mach guys jumped on me. Of course, most of them were modded, no where near stock. These guys were like I'll race you. This is why I made those stipulations in the post. If a Terminator owner came over to LS1.com and made the post: "which is faster, stock vs. stock, 03-04 Cobras or 01-02 LS1s." I would reply that Cobras are faster. End of story. I would not say, well, if you put heads and cam on an LS1, it would beat the stock cobra because the question was stock vs. stock and yes that includes tires. Do you understand now?

How many people, and how many times do you need to be told, that your WRONG. And you wonder why I called you an uneducated tool. :sleeping:

Blowngt92

I'm Slow
Established Member
As far as I am concerned the LS-1 and Mach are pretty close mod for mod. My good friend has a 98 LS1 z-28 that is a a-4 yank 3000 converter, cam, tune, lid, headers, o/r y, exhaust, thottle body, MAF sensor, 3.42 gears. My Mach has a PI 3200 converter, 4.10's, prochamber, mac cat-back, cold air kit, PHP intake spacer, u/d pullies and a SCT tune. From a 30mph roll the cars are dead even all the way till I have to shift in O/D and let off. I haven't had the Mach back to the 1/4 since the converter and Tune, but his z-28 went a 12.79@107 and my Mach ran a [email protected]. I imagine the Mach should be there after the converter and tune. The diehards will always stick with their brand, but this is a "real world" comparison of 2 similarly modded cars. Now he also has the bottle on his camaro, and on it he whoops my butt every which way from now till next year.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
WhiteTxMach said:
I am sure an auto/cammed/stalled/200 shot LS1 can beat me in the 1/8th. But thats not what you originally said. Again, if you have some problem with me "acting like an ass" then dont read my posts. Its that simple Dan.
I do beleive your right about that but do you think you can run 6.71's with he runs N/A cam only plus bolt ons with your N20..

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
MACHSELF said:
Dude,
You belong on the LS1 Website.. You're a "In the closet Chevy lover" This site is SVT Performance! Second of all I disagree with your remark on the cam set up. I saw a dyno of a Mach with the FR500 cams that produces 42 peak HP but, it saw over 25 more RWHP through its band. Also stage III porting of the "stock" heads also has significant gains. The car will be approx. 420RWHP with heads and cam package only. I am going to do it and throw a Novi2000 on top of it. I also have already ordered a 5.0 stroker for the shortblock on a Cobra block. We'll see how well your "Chevy friends" like that... I'll be well over 600RWHP when completed. I also ordered a new Tremec T56 with upgrades. Heads and cam package alone in a Mach will see low 11's by itself... Wonder what my Mach will run with another 200+RWHP??
I do go to the LS1 sites and I'm not a chevy lover or ford lover for that matter I'm a car lover and l love fast and powerfull cars... BTW I would like to see the graft your talking about where there is a mach1 with cams and he gained 25+ hp through out the band. All the ones I have seen the car lost power under the curve till it hit 4K rpms and then it started to gain power.. Plus it seems like it moves the tq bands over so you don't get near the low end tq that you would with the stock cams..

Last edited:

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
dan03mach said:
I do beleive your right about that but do you think you can run 6.71's with he runs N/A cam only plus bolt ons with your N20..

I have no clue what my car will run in the 1/8th on the juice. But, I dont race on 1/8th mile tracks either. I run the full 1/4 on my 2 home tracks.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
I wish we had some 1/4 mile tracks out here that were open more.. Ennis is the only one and they aren't even open that much..

2001stripper

Established Member
Dan,

I'm sorry everyone has ganged up on you. This is because too many people are so damn brand loyal. You and I are what I call speed loyal. We like fast cars no matter what the make or model. Thanks again for the proper perspective.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
2001stripper said:
Dan,

I'm sorry everyone has ganged up on you. This is because too many people are so damn brand loyal. You and I are what I call speed loyal. We like fast cars no matter what the make or model. Thanks again for the proper perspective.
It doesn't bother me any... I really could care less... My Mach is probably faster then 90% of the Machs out there and it would destoy alot of LS1's at the track, but I don't go around bragging about it.. It was the fast N/A mach in the whole state of Texas for a while now I think there are 3 people here that have beat me... But I will be back racing hard again come this fall.. I'm going to try to build this car to be an 11.8 sec. car N/A with just bolt ons stock suspension.. If I can just get into the 11's I will be the first and only to do it with the 100% stock suspension... So that is what I am shooting for...

ScottsMach03

Established Member
dan03mach said:
I do go to the LS1 sites and I'm not a chevy lover or ford lover for that matter I'm a car lover and l love fast and powerfull cars... BTW I would like to see the graft your talking about where there is a mach1 with cams and he gained 25+ hp through out the band. All the ones I have seen the car lost power under the curve till it hit 4K rpms and then it started to gain power.. Plus it seems like it moves the tq bands over so you don't get near the low end tq that you would with the stock cams..

You the one acting like a ass. JDM has a nice cam setup. With just the cams, cai, and exaust they hit 11's. Not shabby. Whitetx is just sticking up for the car we enjoy. 2001stripper needs to go back to his ls1 forum, and take you with him.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
03azuremach said:
You the one acting like a ass. JDM has a nice cam setup. With just the cams, cai, and exaust they hit 11's. Not shabby. Whitetx is just sticking up for the car we enjoy. 2001stripper needs to go back to his ls1 forum, and take you with him.
Dude I speak the truth so don't get mad.. I love my car and its pretty powerful and runs dang good.. So I don't know why you are getting all up set about me telling the truth about different cars.. I'm a car fan I like all kinds of cars, so is there something wrong with that??? I don't think there is.. My car just has exhaust, gears, and tune and it will be running 11's as soon as I finish up on a few things.. Hell I ran 12.2's @ over 110mph with just an O/R X, Catback, 4.10's and 17" ET Streets.. Everything else stock.. I'm a better driver then most are so that gives me a advantage over alot of people and that is why I get faster times then most.. So don't get upset with me for tell you what different car can do..

I see your in TX.. Do you want to run sometime... I like racing and I'm up to racing anyone I don't care if I when or loose.. Where are you from... Lets go to the track sometime and see what you got..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread