Mach1, should I run nitrous?

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
Hey, I hate to start new threads all the time, but svtp is good for a few quick clarification post. Basically I have an 04 Mach1, 50xxx miles, with full exhaust, and ive determined I cant keep up with my friends 05 GTO any more, he has more mods than me. So im looking for the best bang for the buck and am interested in nitrous. There arent any great tuners local, so ill ask here. Would it be safe to run a 75-100 wet shot on an all stock motor? I know hits have most if not all the hardwear, but would I need new injectors, or a 93 Octane tune? I would probably use it very little, maybe at the strip every few weeks. Im just not sure how great of a tuner you need for a nitrous car, or how hard it would be to instal a kit myself and take it to a shop to be tuned. All input appreciated.

Future mods:
cai
tune "duh"
intake spacer

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
theres a few nitrous guys over on mach1registry.org...you can try searching around over there

DarkMach1

Established Member
You can run a 75-100 without changing injectors I believe, though a tune is always highly recommended. Nitrous is your best bet at this point, also get a tuner(SCT powerflash works great) and get a pair of drag radials for the back. This should be enough to put that GTO behind you.

quikcobra

Established Member
Hell yes you should. Start with a 75 but you will be safe pulling a bit of timing with a 125, some get away with a 150. I wouldnt run a plate system until you are die hard on staying nitrous, The plate sells pretty cheap so you can pick one up later.

WVUAnt

Lets Go!!.....
Established Member
Yes, you can run nitrous without a tune. Thats what we did for years before tuning became readily available.

Users who are viewing this thread