Made it to 11s

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
Took the car out this weekend to Sacramento Raceway , first time every where I was running good tires and I had finally fixed the shifting issue:whine:

Theres defenitely more left on the table ET wise, Looking into more gear, new diff, drag struts and possibly the Full tilt delrin kit, would like to cut low 1.6s or even a 1.5:coolman:

11.91@122 , 1.83 60

Car has mods listed in sig, Hoosier 28x10x16 Slicks

IRS FTW

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHn0m0o5YHA"]YouTube- HSS 2003 SVT Cobra Goes 11.91 HD[/ame]

Last edited:

XSIV_BOOST

Banned
Looks like you have more tire then you do car. I would have went with a 26'' tire.. I've been 1.50 on stock suspension, stock IRS, w/ 26'' ET Streets..

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Congrats on hitting the 11's!! Anytime you can break that barrier with an upper only Terminator is respectable.

You're running great tires and can get much better 60 foot times if you're more aggressive with them. I cut consistent 1.5-1.6's with them with stock 3.55 gears. Little more burnout and a higher RPM launch brings them alive.

Venimus03

Established Member
Congrats on hitting the 11's!! Anytime you can break that barrier with an upper only Terminator is respectable.

You're running great tires and can get much better 60 foot times if you're more aggressive with them. I cut consistent 1.5-1.6's with them with stock 3.55 gears. Little more burnout and a higher RPM launch brings them alive.
+1, but I would say he would benefit more from a 26'' tall tire for just running a upper only eaton.

Looks like your doing a 1st gear burnout? I would do a 2nd gear burnout, this way will you get more tire speed and generate more heat in the tires. What rpm are you launching at? I would say you should be launching around 4500 to 5500 rpm if you want to see the 1.5's and 1.6's.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Understand Rich, but not enough of a difference to go to the trouble of switching them out to 26's. IMO, he can get the job done with the 28's and 450+/- RWHP if he heats them up more and launches more aggresively.

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
I want the 28s because I wanted the extra sidewall to protect the IRS, at the end of the day, me being able to drive to car home is more important than an above average track time, im gonna go with some more gear soon that way i can have my sidewall and my time, best of both worlds

ill try a 2nd gear burnout next time, i was revving at 2k, then as the final light turned I floored it to build boost and let go of the clutch, i think i should have waited till i got to the higher rpm because i think i let go when it was t 4k , still a great feeling having the car hook, almost felt strange lol, I really wanna keep my irs but I wanna feel confident it wont go flying out the car everytime i get a good launch

Venimus03

Established Member
Understand Rich, but not enough of a difference to go to the trouble of switching them out to 26's. IMO, he can get the job done with the 28's and 450+/- RWHP if he heats them up more and launches more aggresively.
With the the 3.55 gears in the car and probably full weight I still think that a 450hp cobra will bog with 28's on it.

I want the 28s because I wanted the extra sidewall to protect the IRS, at the end of the day, me being able to drive to car home is more important than an above average track time, im gonna go with some more gear soon that way i can have my sidewall and my time, best of both worlds

ill try a 2nd gear burnout next time, i was revving at 2k, then as the final light turned I floored it to build boost and let go of the clutch, i think i should have waited till i got to the higher rpm because i think i let go when it was t 4k , still a great feeling having the car hook, almost felt strange lol, I really wanna keep my irs but I wanna feel confident it wont go flying out the car everytime i get a good launch

I don't think that launch technique is necessary. We have a roots type blower on our cars, they don't need to build boost. They have instant boost as soon as you step on the gas pedal. I would just try holding the RPM at lets say 5k to start with and just dump the clutch and go. This way you know exactly what rpm you are launching at and can adjust accordingly. I think the IRS holds up great with the right tires on it. I have cut consistent 1.5x - LOW 1.6x on it and it holds up just fine. Don't fear the IRS! :beer:

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like you have more tire then you do car. I would have went with a 26'' tire.. I've been 1.50 on stock suspension, stock IRS, w/ 26'' ET Streets..

same setup here too. good job non the less tho for our first time out.

96lowbra

SN8KE B.I.T.3
Established Member
U should let me try those tires for my car and see if they hook.Lol
who tune your car?

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
i know the burnout should be better but i honestly wasnt spinning the tires at all so i dont think that was an issue, maybe with more gear i would need to do a better burnout

Users who are viewing this thread