ggradtech

Established Member
My 2004 Cobra has...
3” upper pulley
6 lb lower
JLT cold air
80ln injectors
Boost pump
I’m pulling 16-18 psi. The car had a MaFia device installed, but the email tuner I used recently said he only tunes without one. I pulled it for that email tuning, but I’m planning on going to have a legit dyno tune performed. Is it essential to reinstall the MaFia before that dyno tune? I’d rather not use it if it isn’t really necessary

decipha

Established Member
If you didnt peg the maf without it then you dont need it.

You cant use the stock maf with the JLT. The JLT has a spot for the stock maf element to drop in. That increases the maf range being in a larger pipe. Anytime you take the maf sensor element out of the stock housing you no longer have a stock maf and now have a "modified maf" instead. Its very important that you tell the tuner you have a modified maf since it doesnt use the stock maf flow as its not in the stock housing. The JLT has about a 4.25" housing so the maf range is increased considerably.

If you just got it tuned why are you getting it retuned?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Is it the JLT that goes into the fender or the one that has the filter in the engine bay? People tend to call them both CAI.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
its important to clarify the situation with what MAF you have. Some tuners don't like the MAFIA and similar as you can see. The mafia is typically used when the maf on the car is too small for the current airflow, it basically modifies the maf signal to give you additional head room. If the current MAF is indeed maxed out then going WOT without may have severe consequences.

Users who are viewing this thread