magnaflow vs. magnapack

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
i have mac lt's and lethal catted x with magnaflows and want it alittle louder. would magnapacks be the best way to go with out being to stupid loud. what do you guys like better.

sonicbluesnakee

Established Member
I have stock headers with a Magnaflow catted x and magnapack catback and I think the it sounds 100x better than the regular magnaflow mufflers. Just dont go to a off road x with the magnapacks. It sounds nasty at wot.

yyz82

Established Member
If they made the magnapack CB for the 03/04 cobra's that would be my frist choice!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i have mac lt's and lethal catted x with magnaflows and want it alittle louder. would magnapacks be the best way to go with out being to stupid loud. what do you guys like better.

At this time Magnaflow doesn't make a Magnapack catback system for the IRS. If you've got a solid axle you're good to go. Reason being is that the Magnaflow IRS setup uses offset mufflers. Since the magnapack mufflers are bullet style there's no way to get them to work in an offset application.

Jared

yyz82

Established Member
At this time Magnaflow doesn't make a Magnapack catback system for the IRS. If you've got a solid axle you're good to go. Reason being is that the Magnaflow IRS setup uses offset mufflers. Since the magnapack mufflers are bullet style there's no way to get them to work in an offset application.

Jared

Thanks for the info:beer:

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
i have a sra now. how much louder are magnapacks than regular magnaflows. i dont want it too loud, but louder than the regular magnaflows i had before

Iron Fist

Established Member
Magnaflows are offset, however they are a straight through design; Magnapacks should drop right in.

100_4862.jpg

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Magnaflows are offset, however they are a straight through design; Magnapacks should drop right in.

100_4862.jpg

I stand corrected. I had thought that the inlet and outlet on the 15644 was on different sides of the muffler. It looks like they're actually on the same side so that you could just replace the regular magnaflows with some Magnapacks.

Learn something new every day!

Thanks,
Jared

yyz82

Established Member
So the Magnapack mufflers will clamp right into the standard catback for the '03-'04 Cobra? No welding involved?

Iron Fist

Established Member
Magnaflow doesn't offer a Magnapack muffler that will directly drop in.
The closest match I see is the 5"x8" Oval Race Series with a 6" body, 2.5"in/out and 12" overall (part no. 14148)

Problem is the Magnaflow muffler that comes with the system is 20" overall, so you will need to make up the 8 inches that its short. Need to find two 4" transition pieces for either sides of the muffler, probably something a garage could make up; kind of a pain in the ass for the do it yourselfer.

yyz82

Established Member
Magnaflow doesn't offer a Magnapack muffler that will directly drop in.
The closest match I see is the 5"x8" Oval Race Series with a 6" body, 2.5"in/out and 12" overall (part no. 14148)

Problem is the Magnaflow muffler that comes with the system is 20" overall, so you will need to make up the 8 inches that its short. Need to find two 4" transition pieces for either sides of the muffler, probably something a garage could make up; kind of a pain in the ass for the do it yourselfer.

So both mufflers are not 4x9x14?

sonicbluesnakee

Established Member
I have magnapack mufflers in my magnaflow catback. They went right in place. I could have clamped them right in, but decided to have them welded in. They will fit no problem. I bought the Magnaflow catback and the Magnapack mufflers from Complete exhaust.com. Keep in mind that the catback came with the regular maganflow mufflers. I just sold them on here and bought the magnapacks. It sounds sooooo much better than the regular mufflers.

Last edited:

yyz82

Established Member
I have magnapack mufflers in my magnaflow catback. They went right in place. I could have clamped them right in, but decided to have them welded in. They will fit no problem. I bought the Magnaflow catback and the Magnapack mufflers from Complete exhaust.com.

Any sound clips?

Iron Fist

Established Member
I have magnapack mufflers in my magnaflow catback. They went right in place. I could have clamped them right in, but decided to have them welded in. They will fit no problem. I bought the Magnaflow catback and the Magnapack mufflers from Complete exhaust.com. Keep in mind that the catback came with the regular maganflow mufflers. I just sold them on here and bought the magnapacks. It sounds sooooo much better than the regular mufflers.

Do you know the part number for the Magnapacks? I could not find anything on the Magnaflow website that gave a 20" overall length that was 2.5" diameter.:shrug:

Last edited:

yyz82

Established Member
Do you know the part number for the Magnapacks? I could not find anything on the Magnaflow website that gave a 20" overall length that was 2.5" diameter.:shrug:

Here is the part numbers for the catbacks. Cobra with IRS 15644. The magnapack is 15673 for gt's and mach's. Its the same for both mufflers tho 4x9x14. This is from The Official Site of MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - Exhaust Systems For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles Im sure he's right its a direct fit if you wanna do the swap for the magnapacks!

Users who are viewing this thread