Magnum Opus : 2012 Mustang GT Magnuson Supercharger Install

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice write-up, as always! Any concerns with the belt slipping since it's not a particularly wide pulley? Also, what options are available regarding boost/pulley options?

What was really eye-opening was the warranty plan listed on their product page. If Magnuson sticks to their claim then this is a very attractive option. Do you happen to know if this is available even if a "non-authorized" vendor installs the blower (meaning me:)? :

Available with 3-years/36,000 miles or 5-years/60,000 miles of protection and covering up to $5,000 on the motor, $1,500 on the transmission, and $1,500 on the rear-end with NO deductible you can choose the level of coverage that is right for you. But these protection plans won’t break the bank either – ranging from just $275 for the 3-year/36,000 mile plan to $475 for the 5-year/60,000 mile plan.

KindaStock

Established Member
So what is the difference between the blower that you purchased and the blue blower on the website?
The blue one is $100 more expensive.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Nice write-up, as always! Any concerns with the belt slipping since it's not a particularly wide pulley? Also, what options are available regarding boost/pulley options?

What was really eye-opening was the warranty plan listed on their product page. If Magnuson sticks to their claim then this is a very attractive option. Do you happen to know if this is available even if a "non-authorized" vendor installs the blower (meaning me:)? :

Available with 3-years/36,000 miles or 5-years/60,000 miles of protection and covering up to $5,000 on the motor, $1,500 on the transmission, and $1,500 on the rear-end with NO deductible you can choose the level of coverage that is right for you. But these protection plans won’t break the bank either – ranging from just $275 for the 3-year/36,000 mile plan to $475 for the 5-year/60,000 mile plan.

I haven't had any belt slip issues so far. I suppose it could be upgraded to an 8-rib setup if it ever became a problem. I'd would take some fab work though. Magnuson doesn't advertise it, but they have tons of pulley sizes to choose from. We'll be trying a few different ones out in the near future.

So what is the difference between the blower that you purchased and the blue blower on the website?

Only differences are the price and the color of the powder coat.

MAGNUSON

Established Member

What was really eye-opening was the warranty plan listed on their product page. If Magnuson sticks to their claim then this is a very attractive option. Do you happen to know if this is available even if a "non-authorized" vendor installs the blower (meaning me? :

The stock pulley on the Magnuson supercharger is a 3.9"- Magnuson gives you the option of numerous pulley sizes that are available in almost every .10" increment down to 2.8"(every 0.10" is roughly 0.75 psi).
The 3 year/36k warranty on the supercharger is good as long as the supercharger system is unmodified from how we send it. This requires that the stock pulley and provided tune be used. (I can send you a copy of the actual warranty card with all of the "fine print".) As for the available power train warranty, it has the same restrictions, but adds that it must be installed by an authorized dealer or an ASE certified mechanic.

We have a limited run of the blue coated superchargers. We offer the blue as a color preference.

Thank you for your support SVTP. :rockon:

Last edited:

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
If you could send the fine print that would be appreciated! Was the stock pulley used in this install/dyno run?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
If you could send the fine print that would be appreciated! Was the stock pulley used in this install/dyno run?

Yep. We used everything just as it came out of the box except for the tune. As we mentioned in the article, Magnuson hadn't finalized their tuning for 2012s.

UA13GT

Established Member
What type of updates are you looking for?

I have been beating my head against the wall trying to decide which type and brand of supercharger to get. I especially like this one and the e-force because I can put a boss strut tower brace over it which is one of those things that I require (just because). My question is since you have had this for a while would you recommend it for a car that will be a daily driver? Any other pros or cons that I should look out for? Any other thoughts about this unit? I would also be purchasing the third-party powertrain warranty for this unit.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
whats the max boost this will work at, whats the max power that it will put down

Unknown, but the Magnuson puts out crazy HP (# for #) numbers because of it's short runner length. Ultimately, you'll be limited by the 6-rib belt and stock throttle body.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Really thinking about supercharging my '11 once I retire it from DD duties (later this month). Now, I didn't read the whole article, so please forgive me asking a question that my be covered in it, but was it a dyno tune or canned tune that BBR provided?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Really thinking about supercharging my '11 once I retire it from DD duties (later this month). Now, I didn't read the whole article, so please forgive me asking a question that my be covered in it, but was it a dyno tune or canned tune that BBR provided?

IIRK, it was an email tune (with revisions). However, about a month later we did make the trip to BBR and did a bit of tweeking but not for more power. Chris got the top end right over email.

Users who are viewing this thread