Magnuson TVS owners - Max boost for alu6minator

blowngt

Established Member
Hello everyone. I've just recently purchased a Kona Blue 2011 with a manguson (along with a laundry list of goodies!!)

I've only had it a few weeks and the urge to take it to the next level is strong!! I'm currently looking at a 6R80 swap, but I've been thinking of the possibility of doing an aluminator at the same time.

The decision that I have to make though, is how much horsepower can I realistically make with the Maggie??? If we're only talking 650-675 then it might not be worth it, but if it will get me 750+ then that's an entirely different ballgame.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!!

CPRsm

Idk what it can make honestly. But I don't think any of the small pd blowers can exceed an aluminators capabilities.

blowngt

Established Member
Idk what it can make honestly. But I don't think any of the small pd blowers can exceed an aluminators capabilities.

Yes what he said...run smaller pulley and get a fuel system

I probably worded the question completely wrong. Let's try again (without my 4 yr old hanging all over me).

The car makes about 620 to the tires right now. Where does the magnuson run out of steam on a built 9.5-1 aluminator? If the answer is 675'ish, then there's no point in spending 10k (including labor) to get another 50-60 rear wheel horsepower.

Now if the answer is 750+, then the expense might be worth it.

I've looked and just haven't seen anyone push the maggy beyond 9-10 psi.

Last edited:

cb900f

Established Member
I probably worded the question completely wrong. Let's try again (without my 4 yr old hanging all over me).

The car makes about 620 to the tires right now. Where is where does the magnuson run out of steam on a built 9.5-1 aluminator? If the answer is 675'ish, then there's no point in spending 10k (including labor) to get another 50-60 rear wheel horsepower.

Now if the answer is 750+, then the expense might be worth it.

I've looked and just haven't seen anyone push the maggy beyond 9-10 psi.

The aftermarket parts for the maggie isn't there compared to the Roush. I'm not sure if it uses the same pulley's.... Don't think many people have used it.

TVS 2300 lobes should make 800+ RWHP on a max effort car.

corepwn

Established Member
I think the Maggie blower will be more limited than the Roush as you're limited to the small throttle body size, and PD blowers hate inlet restriction. The VMP TVS (a CNC ported/modded Roush TVS essentially) has made 830-840rwhp on a stock Boss longblock (see Justin@VMP)

blowngt

Established Member
The aftermarket parts for the maggie isn't there compared to the Roush. I'm not sure if it uses the same pulley's.... Don't think many people have used it.

TVS 2300 lobes should make 800+ RWHP on a max effort car.

I think the Maggie blower will be more limited than the Roush as you're limited to the small throttle body size, and PD blowers hate inlet restriction. The VMP TVS (a CNC ported/modded Roush TVS essentially) has made 830-840rwhp on a stock Boss longblock (see Justin@VMP)

The inlet restriction is what has me more concerened than pully size availability. Honestly, I'd be happy knowing I could get 750+ without maxing out the Maggie

Do the 11.1 not 9.5 u will need it

This^^^^ Add E85 and you will really like it!

I've got a turbo car with 11.5-1 and E85 right now, so I know exactly what you guys are saying. The internal turmoil I'm having is that the reason I got the coyote was to put the enjoyment back into driving it around. Having to worry about where to fuel up isn't a big deal, until you're stuck out one night with no station nearby.

I still might go that way, but would sure like to keep her on 93 if possible.

Thanks for all the replies fellas!! Keep'em coming. I'm hoping to find another Maggie user out there somewhere that's as crazy as I am........

CPRsm

I'd call and ask honestly. I've never seen anyone push them past 9ish psi like you said. Maybe they have a customer they know about that has. At a minimum they should be able to give you a cfm rating, and you can calculate a hp possibility from that. Sorry we're not much help here lol

blowngt

Established Member
I'd call and ask honestly. I've never seen anyone push them past 9ish psi like you said. Maybe they have a customer they know about that has. At a minimum they should be able to give you a cfm rating, and you can calculate a hp possibility from that. Sorry we're not much help here lol

Meh, it's the price you pay for being different.

I appreciate the idea though. I'll give them a shout and see what they can tell me.

ebrow21

Established Member
Another member had a few threads a yearor so ago about this exact setup. He ran into belt slip issues and had a hard time matching his pre aluminator numbers. He ended up selling the blower and changing the setup. The pd blowers seem to lose a lot when running the low comp aluminator.

bigriff85

Established Member
that was me if you search my history. If you're going to keep that blower you better keep it 11:1...i have 9.5:1 Aluminator and it struggled to make 575rwhp on any pulley due to belt slip & serious iat issues....swapped to a paxton on the same level of boost (14 or 15psi?) and picked up 110hp over the tvs with 4 degrees less timing as well.. The 9.5:1 is ideal for bigger blowers and turbos definitely not street blowers like a tvs or small procharger/vortech setups unfortunately. if going w/ the 9.5:1 i'd suggest turbo, paxton or vortech jt trim, procharger (at least a d1 or f1a), or whipple 2.9/kb 2.8

Last edited:

AJ@CFM

Established Member
If you stay the 11:1 route we at Central Florida Motorsports offer a throttle body & open cold air intake package! You should gain at least another 20rwhp realistically if not more & be able to not go so aggressive on the pulley to avoid belt slip! (we dropped to a 3.4 pulley & didn't notice any belt slip). I included the link to the package as well as one of our shop coyotes with this exact set up on a stock engine. The car went 10.80 at 129mph and made over 600rwhp in the heat. Also included a link to just the cold air as well. thanks!
http://www.c-f-m.com/performanceparts/pc/CFM-90mm-Throttle-Body-Cold-Air-Intake-Kit-for-2011-14-Mustang-GT-5-0-with-MagnaCharger-142p224.htm#.U6gz6_ldUfg
http://www.c-f-m.com/performanceparts/pc/CFM-Cold-Air-Intake-Kit-for-2011-14-Mustang-GT-5-0-with-MagnaCharger-142p4247.htm#.U6g1p_ldUfg
http://youtu.be/QZZiaSyHvCE
cfm90tbcoldair_1388_detail.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread