MAHLE Motorsport | Ford 5.2L VooDoo Drop-in Forged PowerPak Piston Kit

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
MAHLE Motorsport
Ford 5.2L VooDoo Drop-in Forged PowerPak Piston Kit

web-Ford-Voodoo-Drop-PowerPak-Piston.jpg

MAHLE Motorsport’s latest addition to its Ford Modular piston assemblies now includes the Ford 5.2L VooDoo Drop-in Forged PowerPak Piston Kit. Machined and inspected with the same stringent standards by MAHLE Motorsport North America, this forged replacement piston is available as a drop-in, ready-to-run assembly that requires no rebalancing or compression ratio change.

The pistons are designed to accept either the OE rod with tapered small end, or an aftermarket rectangular rod. They are dual coated with phosphate and MAHLE’s proprietary GRAFAL coating for reduced drag and wear, and feature hard anodized top ring grooves for maximum durability and to protect against micro-welding. 1.0, 1.0, 2.0mm factory PTWA bore-compatible performance rings are also included. The 7.8cc crown design has a compression ratio of 12.0 to 1 based on a 57cc head volume, and calculated at .012-in. below deck and a .039-in. head gasket thickness. The PowerPak piston kit comes complete with pins and clips, and can be purchased through any MAHLE Motorsport distributor.

www.mahlemotorsports.com
PN: 930258401

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice. Im running the gen 3 coyote version of these in my build. They are a high quality piece!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Should be a nice upgrade for those wanting to add boost the the voodoo

ANGREY

Established Member
Im worried about the trans holding north of 1200hp first. seems like that are having similar issues to the 10r80

No OEM trans will "hold" that. The 3160 survives well primarily based upon the inability to really get any great traction on a 19" wheel. Basically you'll roll the tires over long before you break the drivetrain.

I'd be more skeptical about "drop in" claims for rotating components. I don't see how they could ever possibly claim that, it's frankly irresponsible, especially on the voodoo.

I'm no engine builder, but unless they can guarantee that the piston, wrist pin and the entire assembly will weigh EXACTLY what the OEM weighs (for each individual rod/piston) then a rebalancing of the crank journals would almost certainly be smart, if not required.

I suppose you could get them all laid out and weighed and try to match them up as best as possible, but even the slightest imbalance at 8250+ is no bueno.

Users who are viewing this thread