mail order story plus question (dell)

Brad

Banned
Background: Bought a 20" dell flat pannel from overstocked.com about 2 weeks ago, I did the overnight shipping and it didn't come. I called for tracking info and they said, "we don't have that info on hand, if it doesn't show tomorrow call again." That went on for a while, then when I started getting fed up and yelling, I come to find out it was never shipped because they never had the freaking thing in stock. I was told, "we'll be getting another shipment next month." I told them to cancel but they retort, "buying online is a binding contract, we can't cancel it." I told them, "How can you sell something you don't even have? How can you charge me $50 for overnight when you know you cant? Whatever that's fine, I paid with my visa, i'll just call them and cancel with them, thanks, bye!" Anyway everyone is sold out of the monitor I want, the only place I could find it was ebay it was NIB, anyway I told the guy to overnight it, which he did, it's due here tomorrow. I just noticed a note in the tracking log, "bar code unreadable, replaced." I hope that doesn't mean this package was dropped out of a truck while on fire or something

Anyway if it comes broken, I go to fedex for insurance right? This monitor was NIB, so does that mean there will be a dell warranty card in there? If it breaks later I can send it back to them for warranty even though I didn't buy direct from them?

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Brad said:
I told them to cancel but they retort, "buying online is a binding contract, we can't cancel it."

Wow, is that a load of crap. I can't believe they shovel that BS line to their customers and get away with it. Thank goodness for credit cards.

I'll be sure never to buy anything from them, ever.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
haha buying online usually involves a credit card, so dispute the charges and we will see about binding contracts.

Users who are viewing this thread