Make your own Oil Seperator for $21

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
For those still looking for cheap alternatives, Home Depot now carries a HUSKY water separator that's twice as big as the one from the OP (the reservoir volume is appr. 2" diam x 4" tall). Same installation but you need two 3/8" to 1/4" adapters for the threads in the input and output, as they are larger. This thing will give you the pressure drop you need for this to be effective. It has the metal filter and turbulence element that can be removed, just as before. Looks sharp, too. - $22

The two 3/8" to 1/4" adapters you need as well...

Last edited:

eludercobra

Established Member
For those still looking for cheap alternatives, Home Depot now carries a HUSKY water separator that's twice as big as the one from the OP (the reservoir volume is appr. 2" diam x 4" tall). Same installation but you need two 3/8" to 1/4" adapters for the threads in the input and output, as they are larger. This thing will give you the pressure drop you need for this to be effective. It has the metal filter and turbulence element that can be removed, just as before. Looks sharp, too. - $22

I have the exact one sitting at home, but way to big to mount under the hood anywhere convient, and no way to mount it well, because there are no holes for any support screws. Gave up on mounting that one and bought a smaller one.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I got it from E-Bay for 20 bucks or so shipped and purchased my own hoses from Autozone
OCTTN.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks a lot like the GREDDY unitw:

GRE-12003506.jpg

Catch_Can-3588.jpg

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
New Style GReddy:

645.jpg

GReddy Oil Catch Tanks collect the oil, moisture and blow-by gases that cause carbon and sludge build-up in the intake system and engine to keep them clean even under the hardest driving conditions. The Traditional (Sq.) model holds 500ml and can be mounted vertically or horizontally, while the high capacity 1000ml Lightweight (Oval) is better suited for vertical mounting.

Anyone have an idea of how well these work compared to the Oil Separator type?

BlownVenom01

Boost > NA
Established Member
New Style GReddy:

645.jpg

GReddy Oil Catch Tanks collect the oil, moisture and blow-by gases that cause carbon and sludge build-up in the intake system and engine to keep them clean even under the hardest driving conditions. The Traditional (Sq.) model holds 500ml and can be mounted vertically or horizontally, while the high capacity 1000ml Lightweight (Oval) is better suited for vertical mounting.

Anyone have an idea of how well these work compared to the Oil Separator type?

I had this on my GT30R STi. They had it at a speed shop near my house and i paid like 95 bucks for it :D It had titanium blue anodized fittings though.

CWD

Established Member
Still some great information after all this time!:beer:

raynman98

Established Member
subscribing....and does anyone know for sure if you are doing this on a 2v that you need to do it on the passenger side....my girlfriend has a 2v with a blower on it and i just wanted to do this to my terminator and hers on the same day but someone said that you had to hook to the passenger side on her car?

Thanks in advance

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

Same set-up i`m running.I used a conduit clamp that i painted black to mount this unit.I also used fuel injection hose($$$$)to keep them from collapsing.Unit works real well.
016-1.jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

018-1.jpg

Oil collected after a few days of driving.
072-1.jpg

slow2002gt

Detective Kia
Established Member
Update on parts? Im more concerned about getting a hose that will last are the braided hoses easily available?

Last edited:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
i picked up this small one from Home Depot for $13 .. along with a hose repair kit and a few other small fittings from Autozone for another $13 ... so for $26 I now have my separator installed

downsize-7.jpg

0412101443.jpg

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
i picked up this small one from Home Depot for $13 .. along with a hose repair kit and a few other small fittings from Autozone for another $13 ... so for $26 I now have my separator installed

downsize-7.jpg

0412101443.jpg

same size fittings as OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread