Making a Murderer - Netflix Series

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
2. Some hick wanting to see a girl he thinks is cute isn't a crime. Nor is answering the door in a towel. Nor is calling her with *67. Creepy...yes...very, but not illegal. Doesn't make you a murderer. Maybe he called that last time after she left to tell her to come back for something. Who knows. It could literally be for any reason. One reason could be an alibi, but no one can prove that.

Steven called her a few times blocking his phone number, she was creeped out because the last time she was there to take pictures of another car, he answered the trailer door in a towel. She told her boss she didn't want to go back there. Steve then got her back out to his place by using his sister's name as the customer, and that was the last time she was seen alive...

Where is this from? Did i miss this some time during the 10 hours i binged?

Workers at Autotrader recall laughing about the whole ordeal with Teresa that afternoon. I'm sure it was creepy, but it doesn't sound like it was that big of a deal. That's an actual person saying that..not just a guess like 99% of the 'evidence' in this trial.

Also, even though he *67'd her # before coming out there....did you see the time that happened? It was pretty soon before she was supposed to show up wasn't it? I assume they already had the appointment scheduled before that. Even if it wasn't, don't you think this Teresa girl would have known the address once she got close or anywhere near Manitowoc? It's not like she realized where she was as she was pulling down the gravel road to the trailer. It was the middle of the day. She can see exactly where she was, if she didn't already know exactly where she was going in the first place, which imo is likely.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
The motives Brendan gave were

-Steven was mad because his girlfriend was in jail and he was alone
-Steven wanted to go back to jail because he couldn't handle the outside world
-Steven wanted to help Brendan get laid

At one point Brendan says they planned it?!?

Steven called her a few times blocking his phone number, she was creeped out because the last time she was there to take pictures of another car, he answered the trailer door in a towel. She told her boss she didn't want to go back there. Steve then got her back out to his place by using his sister's name as the customer, and that was the last time she was seen alive...
So even though she had been there before, familar with the address, property, she still decided to go, because he was so creepy. Since when did someone answering a door in a towel become uncommon? I'm pretty sure I've heard this happen to many peoplr such as delivery services, etc. That isn't nearly as incriminating as they're trying to make it. The fact the Kratz is a drug abusing, sex addict, creep, most likely during this time makes it seem even worse now. This guy could probably conjure up more dark, bizzare fantasies than Avery.

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
Avery roasted cats and molested his nephews. Wrote threatening letters to his ex wife. Pulled a gun on someone after running them off the road. Was accused of jacking off while cars were driving by. Yup, clearly no way he has a screw loose.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Avery roasted cats and molested his nephews. Wrote threatening letters to his ex wife. Pulled a gun on someone after running them off the road. Was accused of jacking off while cars were driving by. Yup, clearly no way he has a screw loose.

Dumb shit while young. Not uncommon. Weird, but people change. Doing that doesn't make you a murderer. That has no connection and provides no evidence.

Where did you hear he molested a nephew?

He wrote threatening letters to his ex because he was in jail for YEARS, for a crime he didn't commit, and she was saying she hated the kids, couldn't do it herself, wanted them dead, upset at him because he left them all. Do you not think that would drive you nuts? Can you imagine going to jail for something you didn't do and while in there your wife is saying she wishes the kids were dead and that she just wants to kill them, etc..... And you can't do shit because you're in jail (again.. For something you did not do, which would make it even worse of a situation).

Accused of something. Just like he was 'accused' of raping someone and went to jail for 18 years?

No concrete evidence and what is there is shady. The whole thing is sketchy. Nuts doesn't equal murderer though.

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member

All of that stuff proves just that - he has a screw (or 3) loose. Not that he is a murderder.

madscotsman

Established Member
Where is this from? Did i miss this some time during the 10 hours i binged?

This is one place I read about his use of *67. I'm trying to locate where I read about him using his sister's name as the customer but I also think I read that the van she was taking pictures of belonged to his sister.

http://www.pajiba.com/netflix_movie...-evidence-making-a-murderer-didnt-present.php

The case had me so interested, I was on the internet most of Monday looking up information out of curiosity

http://onmilwaukee.com/movies/articles/evidenceagainstavery.html

#5 LOL, we're all going to jail :rolling:

Last edited:

1997Slobrah

No
Established Member
It is a great series. That is for sure. Very interesting.

Growing up in a hick town, as many have stated, this is not uncommon. Hell, people that grow up just in the country, more so, do stuff like this. We kill deer and rabbits and shit, some times in a very inhumane way, they're animals just like cats are. low03tb explains the letters very well. There are days where I'm not in a good mood and people on the road piss me off beyond belief and if I had some screws loose id probably pull a gun on someone too. About the jacking off... chronic masturbation. That is extremely common. Not as common as blonde hair blue eyes, but rather common. My neighbor three houses down likes to go around and jack off in random places. Usually stays in his truck but I'm sure he's gone places he should have been and just didn't get caught. Some people are ****ing weird, man. They just don't think straight. Look at his cousin for christ sake... :poke:

1997Slobrah

No
Established Member
This is one place I read about his use of *67. I'm trying to locate where I read about him using his sister's name as the customer but I also think I read that the van she was taking pictures of belonged to his sister.

http://www.pajiba.com/netflix_movie...-evidence-making-a-murderer-didnt-present.php

I haven't done much research besides what people have quoted in here. That conversation definitely makes me think. Thanks for the link.

#11[/COLOR]

#5 LOL, we're all going to jail :rolling:

Giggled at #5

#11... love at first sight. He just wanted to see her again :shrug:

But seriously, I could see him wearing the towel being something trying to get her to want to have sex with him or something but... I really just don't know. I can see the reasoning why some of you guys think he's guilty but I, personally, think he is innocent like the other 300,000+ that signed the petition and the others that haven't. Regardless, I dont think he would be in jail if that were to happen today with so much evidence lacking. The evidence that is there is all pretty piss poor and seem 99% planted.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
Regardless of whether or not you think he killed her, you simply can't say the verdict was appropriate. The defense when above and beyond the requirement for proving 'reasonable doubt.'

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
Regardless of whether or not you think he killed her, you simply can't say the verdict was appropriate. The defense when above and beyond the requirement for proving 'reasonable doubt.'

I have to side with this statement. Certainly all pretty interesting. Good watch for sure!

canadianbullitt

Established Member
Lots of facts left out in the documentary that seemed to be important. I had my doubts as I finished but then did some more reading online. I would say 95% positive hes guilty. I do find all the people crusading for his release to be quite funny. They seem to think that they got more information in ten hours in a biased documentary about the guy than the jury did in six weeks of the actual trial.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Lots of facts left out in the documentary that seemed to be important. I had my doubts as I finished but then did some more reading online. I would say 95% positive hes guilty. I do find all the people crusading for his release to be quite funny. They seem to think that they got more information in ten hours in a biased documentary about the guy than the jury did in six weeks of the actual trial.

This. The case was handled wrong, and mistakes were made. Bottom line is that he was guilty of the crime. I refuse to watch the documentary because I don't think it's unbiased. I've talked to many people who lived through that debacle, and learned what happened at the time.

I've lived in the area for 7 years and can speak to the current state of law enforcement/judicial system there. There are no issues. The city/town is actually a great place to live and raise a family. When Obama came to visit 4 years ago it was rated as one of the top "smaller" cities in the country to live. It's a blue collar town with some industry and over 300 dairy farms.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I don't know if he did it or not but the shady shit going on casts enough doubt IMO to not find him guilty.

The complete lack of a single droplet of blood in the trailer or garage is baffling. A person who is stabbed, has her throat cut, and is shot multiple times is going to have blood everywhere. Let's say for the sake of argument that they were able to clean all of it up. They then leave all the shell casings from the rifle laying everywhere? Makes zero sense. As well as many other things in this case.

madscotsman

Established Member
Yeah I'VE definitely come to my own conclusion that I believe they were involved in her murder, and that the police tampered with/planted evidence to get a conviction. I am realistic though and also believe 150% they should both get a retrial, not just simply be pardoned.

colin450

Established Member
I thought one of the more interesting things was the cop that said it would've been easier to just kill him.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Much is left out of the documentary. Lot of gullible people apparently.

This. The case was handled wrong, and mistakes were made. Bottom line is that he was guilty of the crime. I refuse to watch the documentary because I don't think it's unbiased. I've talked to many people who lived through that debacle, and learned what happened at the time.

I've lived in the area for 7 years and can speak to the current state of law enforcement/judicial system there. There are no issues. The city/town is actually a great place to live and raise a family. When Obama came to visit 4 years ago it was rated as one of the top "smaller" cities in the country to live. It's a blue collar town with some industry and over 300 dairy farms.

Such a solid foundation! Tell people they are gullible because a lot of information was excluded from the documentary (that you admit to not viewing) but not a peep about what information was left out.

I'm sold! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread