Man burns house, shoots responding LEO's

blacksheep-1

Established Member
That was some BS, I was caught up in one of those deals in south St. Pete, fortunately they weren't good shots and hit the door casing. RIP

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
yikes, I know of at least one other time this happened..not sure if its the one blacksheep is referring to or not

blacksheep-1

Established Member
Found this today

"Tim Lee, director of the joint Consolidated Dispatch Agency, told the agency's board he terminated the employees because they failed to relay to first responders call notes put in the system just two weeks prior that Curtis Wade Holley had threatened to shoot law enforcement officers if they came to his door.

Lee said the dispatchers were trained to relay the information — which popped up as it was supposed to on the right side of their computer screens — but for reasons he could not explain, each failed to click on the alert.

"The system functioned properly. It displayed the premise hazard," Lee said. "The dispatcher, through human error, failed to click on the premise hazard.""

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/local/2014/12/05/3-emergency-dispatchers-fired/19947495/

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Definitely a very sad story, and apparently a tragic ending that didn't have to be had they been properly notified that there was an premise hazard. Or maybe if Harris had at least been questioned about his death threat made two weeks earlier. I find it a bit strange that on Nov. 8 Sgt. Meggs with LCSO noted the premise hazard as well as wanted to be notified of any calls to the residence because Holley had threatened to shoot police (two weeks before the deadly attack). Apparently Holley was never questioned about his death threat on the 8th? I just find it strange that a death threat is made but police took no action accept to note in their computer that there was a premise hazard assigned to the address. Am I missing something here?

Users who are viewing this thread