Manifold Volume / Supercharger Displacement

Willie

Established Member
So when replacing a supercharger with a larger unit, manifold volume should be increased.... but how does one calculate how much? I certainly don't know... hmmm...

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
How do you increase intake manifold volume? Phenolic spacer?
I've always seen manifold volume calculations based off engine displacement not charger size but d
-J

Willie

Established Member
I have read two versions. Manifold Volume is the space from the, 1) MAF to the combustion chamber, and 2) from the TB blades to the combustion chamber. Being that the air travels through the supercharger between these two points, regardless of which you subscribe to, I would think that a bigger blower means more volume....

GodStang

Established Member
I have read two versions. Manifold Volume is the space from the, 1) MAF to the combustion chamber, and 2) from the TB blades to the combustion chamber. Being that the air travels through the supercharger between these two points, regardless of which you subscribe to, I would think that a bigger blower means more volume....

Not quite correct. Using a Centri or Turbo for #2 the Blower/Turbo is outside these two points. It goes through the turbo/blower and then to the TB Blades.

Willie

Established Member
There is no concensus on the definition as stated previously, so how would you go calculating what manifold volume "should" be when making this change?

Willie

Established Member
FYI......>>

MV.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread