Marauder Exhaust Systems

1kftlbs

Established Member
I was just wondering who makes exhaust systems if anyone does for the marauder and what diameter they are. I need a system from shorty headers all the way back. It also needs to be at least 2.5" in diameter. If you guys know of anyone it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

BigMerc

No one's buddy
Established Member
There is a guy in Miami called Miami Mufflers that makes the x-pipes and systems specifically for the Marauder. Give them a call and ask for Daniel

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
I am running the Kooks Custom Headers exhaust. This kit comes with headers, high flow cats, x-pipe and MagnaFlow mufflers. I am running Fords Duel Mode Muffers.

The MFlows sound awsome, 'cept there is drone that I felt was not good for my younglings little ears. The FDMs are quiet under normal driving and LOUD like the Mflows upon WOT.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Defyant said:
I am running the Kooks Custom Headers exhaust. This kit comes with headers, high flow cats, x-pipe and MagnaFlow mufflers. I am running Fords Duel Mode Muffers.

The MFlows sound awsome, 'cept there is drone that I felt was not good for my younglings little ears. The FDMs are quiet under normal driving and LOUD like the Mflows upon WOT.

I agree with Defyant 100%. If you can afford the Kook and the Ford Dual Mode Mufflers, do so. Do not settle for the Mags as they do drone way to much and removing them from my car was the right decision.

Smokie

Established Member
tmac1337 said:
I agree with Defyant 100%. If you can afford the Kook and the Ford Dual Mode Mufflers, do so. Do not settle for the Mags as they do drone way to much and removing them from my car was the right decision.

I've always wondered why some folks say the Magnaflows drone, I have them---no drone--- I think the reason for the drone is the Kooks headers, everyone I heard mention the drone had Kooks, what I mean is the combination of the Kooks + Magnaflows, not the Kooks themselves.

I have a set-up that starts with SVO Shorties and ends with the Magnaflows, no drone, most people don't notice I have aftermarket exhaust until I hit the go pedal.

Last edited:

1kftlbs

Established Member
Thanks for the responses so far. After some research I decided I am going to use a 3 inch cobra x-pipe. All I need is to find somewhere that I can buy the complete exhaust in 3 inch from the x-pipe all the way back. Are any of you you guys running 3 inch? Im going to call the guy in miami tomorrow. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated....

DJP

Established Member
Smokie said:
I've always wondered why some folks say the Magnaflows drone, I have them---no drone--- I think the reason for the drone is the Kooks headers, everyone I heard mention the drone had Kooks, what I mean is the combination of the Kooks + Magnaflows, not the Kooks themselves.

I have a set-up that starts with SVO Shorties and ends with the Magnaflows, no drone, most people don't notice I have aftermarket exhaust until I hit the go pedal.

I have a similar set up to yours Smokie, including X-Pipe and 18" Magnaflows, and have never noticed the dreaded drone. It's just loud enough to set off the most sensitive car alarm when you goose it a little on a side street, and going through the Holland Tunnel, well, is like music to my ears. :-D

DJP

Established Member
1kftlbs said:
Thanks for the responses so far. After some research I decided I am going to use a 3 inch cobra x-pipe. All I need is to find somewhere that I can buy the complete exhaust in 3 inch from the x-pipe all the way back. Are any of you you guys running 3 inch? Im going to call the guy in miami tomorrow. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated....

Sorry, can't help you there as I'm running 2.5.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
I forgot to mention, I also had the Megs resenator delete tip installed at the same time. I am sure that added to the drone.

Funny thing is, I heard several exhaust modded MMs but never in the combination I cobbled together. My imagination along with high praise from those with this set up convinced me this was the way to go.

Many have come before and made mistakes in modding these cars. Learn from their errors and you will not follow in their foot steps.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Well I'm going a completely diff. route. As I'm using the Bassani Midlength headers/Xpipe/ Dynomax Mufflers and Megs delete tips for mine just have to come up with a little $$$$$$4 and time to install it all.

2Marauders

FordNut was already taken
Established Member
Silverstrike said:
Well I'm going a completely diff. route. As I'm using the Bassani Midlength headers/Xpipe/ Dynomax Mufflers and Megs delete tips for mine just have to come up with a little $$$$$$4 and time to install it all.
Proceed with caution. The Bassani headers are 'stang headers and may not clear the frame and steering in the Marauder. As for real headers for the Marauder, there is Kooks and Stainlessworks. The Cobra Shorty headers will fit, but the driver's side motor mount must be shimmed about 1/4".

I have Kooks with magnaflow 3" high flow cats, Bassani x-pipe, 2-1/2" stainless pipes to 2-1/2" Edelbrock mufflers then stock 2-1/4" stuff after the mufflers along with stock tips (w/resonators).

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
1kftlbs said:

A guy on the Marauder board, Shakes_26 has a 3" set=up done by Grand Mufflers. Very slick. Pm me if you'd like his contact info...

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Any of you guys have a sound clip with your kooks high flows and X pipe? I posted on MM.net and got no responses which usually happens everytime i post over there.

Joe

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
There are several videos on MM.net, you shouls be able to get an idea from them.

STLR FN

My Wiener's Covered
Established Member
Correct you are sir. I e-mailed Bassani about this and got a very stern do not use them on the Marauder's lecture.
2Marauders said:
Proceed with caution. The Bassani headers are 'stang headers and may not clear the frame and steering in the Marauder. As for real headers for the Marauder, there is Kooks and Stainlessworks. The Cobra Shorty headers will fit, but the driver's side motor mount must be shimmed about 1/4".

I have Kooks with magnaflow 3" high flow cats, Bassani x-pipe, 2-1/2" stainless pipes to 2-1/2" Edelbrock mufflers then stock 2-1/4" stuff after the mufflers along with stock tips (w/resonators).

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
DEFYANT said:
There are several videos on MM.net, you shouls be able to get an idea from them.

Thanks Defyant. I see you are in Maryland, I will be relocating there soon to work. As soon as I get out there We will have to see about meeting up sometime.

Joe

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
02JoeGhost said:
Thanks Defyant. I see you are in Maryland, I will be relocating there soon to work. As soon as I get out there We will have to see about meeting up sometime.

Joe

No problem. The Capital Area Marauders (CAM) meets once a month in various locations around the Balto / Washington area. Your more than welcome to come on by.

mpearce

NATCA Member
Established Member
I also believe Stainless Works can do a custom 3" set up for you. They also make long tube headers for the MM as well. 800-878-3635, ask for Al Noe.

-Mat

Users who are viewing this thread