Maryland Trooper Pulls Gun on Biker

BajaBoy

Established Member
I'm not saying he has the right to do what he just did, I'm just giving my opinion to why he may have done what he did.

yeah that wasn't directed at you. Just making a valid point before anyone gives that trooper any leeway. That dude was in the wrong with every move he made.

flattrack53

Established Member
This guy bought this bike from my work.I remember selling him accesseries. It is a 2008 Honda cbr1000

kuruma

Established Member
I'm not saying he has the right to do what he just did, I'm just giving my opinion to why he may have done what he did.

If everyday you drive home from work and there are bikers that will fly past you at 120 mph and scare the shit outta you because they came outta no where, it would get on your nerves. That's all. This guy is probably taking action against one of many bikers in Maryland because he feels that the biker is part of the people who do what they do.

The guy had no badge and no uniform, looks more like a pissed off civilian.

-

Not sure how he came out of "no where" Its a highway, there are two ways you pay attention to, whats in front AND behind. Use your mirrors and you wont have people coming out of no where... :rolleyes: (I'm am in no way endorsing going through traffic at 120)

bwahl602

Established Member
I guess he wanted the biker to know that he was a cop since he was unmarked, however he could have just taken his badge out. The biker wasn't running and there was no reason to act like a prick on a power-trip.

BS dude.. the cop needs to show ID... anyone can have a gun... i didnt see any lights on the grey car... and without ID, or a uniform, hes just some guy with a gun...

all i see there is some guy getting out of a car with a gun drawn saying get off of the motorcycle... thats a good way for a cop to get shot by a civilian...

if the guy had done that without the marked car there, id say the guy could have been in his right to flee or shoot the cop

on a side note: local PD had a problem around here with some guy in a crown vic that bought a red magnet light online and was pulling young women over... obviously he wasnt a cop ...
no marked car, no ID, no badge and you start walking at me with a gun... well, bad idea

it looks like the marked car was the one pulling him over, and the guy in the unmarked pulled infront after the stop...
im not even sure if its an unmarked or if the guy was offduty in his personal vehicle..

cops an idiot either way
the guy on the boke is equally an idiot

BajaBoy

Established Member
I don't think the marked car was there at first...

The cops are charging the biker for filming police and pushing for jail time because he posted the video on youtube.

Bike wasn't evading police, so it doe not matter if marked was there first of not. Video shows marked was either there or pulled up within seconds.

I'm not sure where you get your info from about police charging biker but any decent lawyer would laugh at that. Bikers intent of filming was not for the purpose of the arrest/etc.

I'm sure all charges will be dropped and biker goes free.

bwahl602

Established Member
I don't think the marked car was there at first...

The cops are charging the biker for filming police and pushing for jail time because he posted the video on youtube.

i hope the court doesnt stand for that... what are they gonna do? find the guy that posted the youtube video of that university of maryland student and arrest him too and take his computers etc... its a right to press

problem is, they dont want the video up because they screwed up...

police should have no reason to be on video because they shouldnt be doing anything wrong:D

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
the recording laws are such bullshit. "who will watch the watchmen?"

after seeing the long vid, the dude was absolutely riding like a douche. really, if you want to do this shit, find a back road. it's safer for you, the people around you, and it's a lot less likely that you'll run into a cop.
it's absolutely understandable why the guy was backing up. he's on a bike, and a car just whips up right beside him at a stop. he was probably thinking that it was some prick driving like an asshole.
and there is absolutely NO reason for that cop to have pullled his gun like that. it would be one thing if he just had his hand on his gun, but to draw it before he even made it known that he was a cop is a great way to get shot.
finally, was it really that tough to have the uniformed officer stop the guy, or *god forbid* pull out his damn badge?!?!?!

the riders was being an idiot, but the cop was being a ****ing moron.

Z28

Established Member
BS dude.. the cop needs to show ID... anyone can have a gun... i didnt see any lights on the grey car... and without ID, or a uniform, hes just some guy with a gun...

all i see there is some guy getting out of a car with a gun drawn saying get off of the motorcycle... thats a good way for a cop to get shot by a civilian...

if the guy had done that without the marked car there, id say the guy could have been in his right to flee or shoot the cop

on a side note: local PD had a problem around here with some guy in a crown vic that bought a red magnet light online and was pulling young women over... obviously he wasnt a cop ...
no marked car, no ID, no badge and you start walking at me with a gun... well, bad idea

it looks like the marked car was the one pulling him over, and the guy in the unmarked pulled infront after the stop...
im not even sure if its an unmarked or if the guy was offduty in his personal vehicle..

cops an idiot either way
the guy on the boke is equally an idiot

I was in no way saying that the cop was right by what he did. What I meant to say was that he SHOULD have flashed a badge, not his gun.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i hope the court doesnt stand for that... what are they gonna do? find the guy that posted the youtube video of that university of maryland student and arrest him too and take his computers etc... its a right to press

problem is, they dont want the video up because they screwed up...

police should have no reason to be on video because they shouldnt be doing anything wrong:D
it's an actual law that you can't record an on duty cop, and it's 100% ****ing bullshit. there was a thread on here a while back about a guy being charged for recording an officer, and all he was doing was just getting some random traffic footage(he was an amateur film maker or something, i can't remember). IIRC, it falls under 'wire tapping' laws.

motoman991

Banned
it's an actual law that you can't record an on duty cop, and it's 100% ****ing bullshit. there was a thread on here a while back about a guy being charged for recording an officer, and all he was doing was just getting some random traffic footage(he was an amateur film maker or something, i can't remember). IIRC, it falls under 'wire tapping' laws.

Who the **** passed that law? Cops don't want their ****ups being recorded.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
what a total douche! was that really necessary? I mean c'mon. The only thing missing on that douche was a superhero's cape.....Total loser and typical cop mentality.

Was that his personal car? Window tint looked awefully dark, oh yeah that's right, 2 sets of rules.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Watch the first vid again... as the under cover cop holsters his weapon you can see a badge on his belt, next to his holster. That's NOT to say he "clearly identified himself" on the video tape. But, you also can't tell from those 2 vids if the marked cop car was behind the biker the entire time after riding like a moron (the high speed wheelie past the bus). I would guess the cop's car was an under cover car, and probably had flashing lights in the grill or strobes too... not that you can tell from the videos.

But, none of that stuff will stop yet another "online crucification of a cops actions" on here.

LOL
:lol1:

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
totally completely unecessary.

douche**** on a power trip is all that was. It was obvious 1) the rider was pulling over, and 2) he was doing so because he saw the cherries and knew the patrol car was behind him. Then some asshat in an unmarked (not even a crown vic) jumps out gun drawn "dont worry citizens, ill stop him!" like, the biker pulled over already, if he was gonna run, he wouldnt pull over and turn off his bike first.

Then on top of that, they try to get him for "recording an officer", yeah, like the GoPro Hero on top of his helmet wasnt a dead giveaway that he had no intentions of intentionally recording officers. they should have asked if he could turn off the camera, but no, they wait till it pops up on the internet showing the entire world how bad of a doucheknuckle said offduty cop was. Total LOL at that rule, what, so nobody can monitor authorities, but its perfectly fine for them to monitor us?

Last edited:

RCMPSVT

Established Member
Now im not up to date with U.S laws but.........I never pull my gun unless Im going to use it. If this guy decided to flea is he going to shoot him? I hope the answer is no because last i checked you shouldnt be using deadly force unless you feel that your in fear of death or greavious bodily harm. Just my take but again im not up to date with Maryland State trooper use of force

BM1

Established Member
It'd be nice to know the whole story. The unmarked car may have had a light on the dash or something.

One thing we know for sure is that not riding like a jackass would've avoided the situation altogether.

Last edited:

musclefan21

Established Member
wow man, people try to put the police down in anyway they can. he pulled his gun out and didnt point it to anyone. Dont forget, they have 24/7 arrest powers, they are just as powerful as they are in uniform.

rider admitted that he was popping wheelies and speeding so I dont see anything wrong here.

Users who are viewing this thread