Maryland Trooper Pulls Gun on Biker

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Notice there were 2 cars in front of the bike and at least 1 behind it, my guess was he ran and got caught. If it was a normal stop the cop would have been behind him not in front, and judging from how close the car was to the bike it also leads me to believe that the biker tried to run. Not like they used excessive force or anything, i see nothing wrong with this stop.

cobradrivr

Heaton Slowbra *****
Established Member
I think he should have had badge visible with the gun, I'd back up too and think about whats goin on when i see someone gettin out of car with gun. Agreed with other posts....Powertrip little biish!

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
Yuck 5 pages already. Anyways, I see nothing wrong, he didn't aim nor fire it, it was kept in a safe direction at all time. When I've been pulled over before, police officers have held their gun (holstered still) while I pull registration and license because they don't know if I might harm them. This guy probably pulled his gun out so the biker wouldn't run. If there was some civilian waving you down while you were on your bike popping wheelies and stuff, would you keep going or stop to let him yell at you.

Last time I read, an off duty cop can still ticket you. There was a thread everyone was congratulating the cop on who was in a 335i who pulled over a 350z who was trying to race him and wrote him up.

I'll conclude though with the point that I think he should of shown his badge or indicated he was a police officer first chance he got, which he might of coming out of the car, there is no sound on the clip.

Last edited:

speeddemon2000

Established Member
The issue isn't what happened in the video, I don't care either way. I am not even going to comment about what happened in the video. The issue here is he's going to jail for making the video. He is facing a felony charge and 5 YEARS in prison!!!! The cops came to his house and seized all his computers. For WHAT!!!! This isn't freedom.

Wake up people.

DCAN87

Established Member
The issue isn't what happened in the video, I don't care either way. I am not even going to comment about what happened in the video. The issue here is he's going to jail for making the video. He is facing a felony charge and 5 YEARS in prison!!!! The cops came to his house and seized all his computers. For WHAT!!!! This isn't freedom.

Wake up people.

I do agree with you on that. I see nothing wrong with recording an officers actions. It helps make sure that the officer isn't violating the laws himself. Many departments use dash cams, and I don't see the difference. You are recorded with voice on their cameras, why can't you record their voice?

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
If i saw that guy come out of a car with a gun drawn my reaction would be to run his ass down with the bike. He's in plain clothes, didn't identify himself FIRST either... Very dumb cop.

olefafl

Established Member
Update.

Motorcyclist wins taping case against state police
Baltimore Crime Beat: Motorcyclist wins taping case against state police - Baltimore crime news: Police, courts and police stories in the city and central Maryland - baltimoresun.com

Judge: "Those of us who are public officials and are entrusted with the power of the state are ultimately accountable to the public," the judge wrote. "When we exercise that power in public fora, we should not expect our actions to be shielded from public observation."

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Update.

Motorcyclist wins taping case against state police
Baltimore Crime Beat: Motorcyclist wins taping case against state police - Baltimore crime news: Police, courts and police stories in the city and central Maryland - baltimoresun.com

Judge: "Those of us who are public officials and are entrusted with the power of the state are ultimately accountable to the public," the judge wrote. "When we exercise that power in public fora, we should not expect our actions to be shielded from public observation."

Though I almost always defend cops and the justice system, this is a time when definitely the right thing has been done. Good for that judge- he's exactly right.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I watched the second video...If a car hauls ass up right next to me like that I'm sure as hell going to back up and get away.

Street Bikers are reckless everywhere.

That is the sad truth. You should have seen the idiot bikers I had to contend with driving from JFK to Connecticut Saturday night. Idiots. The "safe" driving bikers were the minority. Some bikers were darting between cars with literally inches of space on either side of them. No regard whatsoever for other drivers, some of whom might have been elderly or very young drivers. I would love to know how many of those auto drivers called the NY state police when their cars were almost hit by these idiots, and how the cops might deal with one if they were stopped. That said, irresponsible bike riding doesn't excuse a plainclothes cop from pulling his gun and not showing a badge in a case like this. Now if the cop's like was on the line that's a different story.

Users who are viewing this thread